The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Are they any indians/pakistanis in Dundee?

Hi im thinking about university choices and i was considering Dundee just not sure about whether i'll fit in because ive im used to being in a mutlicultural society - Londonn, that why i was wondering if there is any asains at the uni
Oh dear, there's lots of them. Worry not!

The International Society is run by two paki guys. There are a lot more indians/paki in postgraduate courses, but if you are willing to mix and befriend everyone you should be fine in undergrad as well. As you might know, in Scotland the trend is not as in England to move as far as you can from home town, but to stay in local unis, so there are lots of dundonians, commuters from Fife, Perth, Forfar and whatnot.

Take a look at this page http://www.facebook.com/internationalstudentsocietydundeeuniversity?v=photos&sb=0 and may cultural fitting-in be your last worry.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Original post by Peachy_Pearl
Oh dear, there's lots of them. Worry not!

The International Society is run by two paki guys. There are a lot more indians/paki in postgraduate courses, but if you are willing to mix and befriend everyone you should be fine in undergrad as well. As you might know, in Scotland the trend is not as in England to move as far as you can from home town, but to stay in local unis, so there are lots of dundonians, commuters from Fife, Perth, Forfar and whatnot.

Take a look at this page http://www.facebook.com/internationalstudentsocietydundeeuniversity?v=photos&sb=0 and may cultural fitting-in be your last worry.

WoW Thank YOU! :colone:

you seem pretty multicultural and FRIENDLY! :rolleyes:
Where are all those, except Chinese? I've yet to met them.... :frown: And generally, for OP's info, Chinese people are usually here through and for exchange programmes.
Original post by koolbhoy
WoW Thank YOU! :colone:

you seem pretty multicultural and FRIENDLY! :rolleyes:

:smile: you're welcome and thanks I guess. You plan on coming this way ?

Edit : Oh, wait, was that some sort of weird irony? We are snowed in up here and my brain is starting to slow down as well. The stuff you put in bold was said in the nicest way, I fancy the diversity here, and the two paki guys as well, they do an awesome job with the society.
(edited 13 years ago)
Yes, lots.
What do you mean what kind of Chinese? I doubt you can spot Cantonese and Mandarin speakers.

As for Poles, I think they're all over the UK, not only Dundee in particular.
Reply 7
Original post by Peachy_Pearl
:smile: you're welcome and thanks I guess. You plan on coming this way ?

Edit : Oh, wait, was that some sort of weird irony? We are snowed in up here and my brain is starting to slow down as well. The stuff you put in bold was said in the nicest way, I fancy the diversity here, and the two paki guys as well, they do an awesome job with the society.

Yeh I do plan on coming to DUNDEEE! heheh Hopefully! :cool:
:rofl: yh it was meant to be IRONIC lol :lolwut:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending