The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
i still havent got no offers from sheffield hallam or Nottingham on trent to do sociology n psychology n i sent mine off over a month is that bad thing im dreaded im going to get rejections :frown:
Reply 1341
York? History? Anyone!?!?! I'm going mad over here!! :frown:
YES!!! Got the offer from Nottingham Trent I wanted so bad!!! Unconditional today from them! :biggrin: so blooming happy! :biggrin:
Reply 1343
Sent out on Thursday 25th.

Monday 29th Morning - Letter from UCAS

Monday 29th Afternoon - Acknowledgement Email from Chester.
Original post by scholes

Original post by scholes
Sent out on Thursday 25th.

Monday 29th Morning - Letter from UCAS

Monday 29th Afternoon - Acknowledgement Email from Chester.

Wow.. Lucky you Congrats :smile:
Original post by sly123

Original post by sly123
i still havent got no offers from sheffield hallam or Nottingham on trent to do sociology n psychology n i sent mine off over a month is that bad thing im dreaded im going to get rejections :frown:

I applied to Nottingham Trent for Law with Criminology three weeks agao and I haven't heard a peep. I know its not that long, but when people are getting offers for the exact same course within a 7-14 days and you've been on your toes waiting for ages. It's pretty nerve wracking isn't it.
I'm applying for chemistry.
My UCAS was processed on 16/11, recieved acknowledgemnts from liverpool and birmingham on the 17th, newcastle acknoweldged on the 20th and also an invite to bangor that day.

Then the 23rd conditional offer from Liverpool (:biggrin:)
Been invited for an interview at nottingham in february (:eek:)
Obviously I'm thrilled.
Reply 1347
Original post by sarahxjojo
Wow.. Lucky you Congrats :smile:

Do I hint sarcasm?
Reply 1348
Got an e-mail from Plymouth saying thay aim to make decions within two weeks. Now do they really or are they just getting my hopes up?? :smile:
Reply 1349
I hate the mini heart attacks I get everytime I see a new email...
got my first reply today... an unsuccessful from Manchester Metropolitan. I'm gutted, even though it was only a backup, it's my first reply :frown:
I don't even know why though. All it says is "the reason is listed below" and then just says "your application was unsuccessful"
can they just decline you without giving you a reason? :s-smilie: cause it's really worrying me about my other choices now :frown:
Original post by Torrchy
me too! It's worse when something actually does change and you have to endure more mini heart attacks while you're waiting for track to load...

Original post by glitterphobia
got my first reply today... an unsuccessful from Manchester Metropolitan. I'm gutted, even though it was only a backup, it's my first reply :frown:
I don't even know why though. All it says is "the reason is listed below" and then just says "your application was unsuccessful"
can they just decline you without giving you a reason? :s-smilie: cause it's really worrying me about my other choices now :frown:

:hugs: :console: I'm sorry, that's really crappy. You could email Man Met and ask them for feedback? Don't lose hope, I'm fairly sure most people will at least get one rejection- it doesn't mean no uni will take you. Bet your next reply will be an offer! It wasn't your first choice so there's still hope. xx
Original post by Torrchy

i agree!

i got my first two offers on consecutive days (from backups) and i was so surprised, because i wasn't expecting to hear back til jan or so. and now i'm obsessively checking to see if my main choices are gonna replyyyy.
Reply 1353
Original post by jimbles
YES!!! Got the offer from Nottingham Trent I wanted so bad!!! Unconditional today from them! :biggrin: so blooming happy! :biggrin:

Congratulations!! :biggrin:
Original post by Sianelly
Congratulations!! :biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by jimbles
thank you :d

as if you declined hallam!!! Lol congratts though!!!!¬! I wish hallam would hurry with there offer:frown::frown:
Original post by nikki-jones2009
as if you declined hallam!!! Lol congratts though!!!!¬! I wish hallam would hurry with there offer:frown::frown:

haha yes I declined them :tongue: lol!!! Thank you so much :biggrin: so excited lol! :smile: I'm sure you will hear from them soon! :smile:
Original post by diamonddust

:hugs: :console: I'm sorry, that's really crappy. You could email Man Met and ask them for feedback? Don't lose hope, I'm fairly sure most people will at least get one rejection- it doesn't mean no uni will take you. Bet your next reply will be an offer! It wasn't your first choice so there's still hope. xx

aww thanks :smile: yeah, emailed them last night, just really want to know why tbh! Yeah :smile: i'm hoping that it's just coincidence that my first one was a rejection, i'm hoping the next will be an offer! :smile: It's actually the only one I haven't visited and was really a last resort one so I'm just keeping my head up until I've received all of them! xx
Original post by lozzyhickers
Hey,

My application got sent off this morning by my tutor, all paid for. How long do you think it'll be before UCAS contact me with my track info?
And anyone have any feedback as to how fast these unis make offer?

York
Nottingham
Lincoln
UEA (University of East Anglia)

got an offer from nottingham within a week (only BBC lmao)
Original post by jimbles
haha yes I declined them :tongue: lol!!! Thank you so much :biggrin: so excited lol! :smile: I'm sure you will hear from them soon! :smile:

lol at least you know ure deff going to uni! u can start buying all ure uni stuff. :frown: aww im jelous lolz. as ive only got conditional offers:/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending