Offer: AAB
Course: BSc
Start:2011
Original post by shes.a.diva
Anyone had any offers yet???
Offer: AAB
Course: BSc
Start:2011

Nope, but only sent my app off on the 20th November. What were your grades at AS and GCSE?
Reply 2
Sent mine off 4th Nov, have had all offers back apart from birmingham. GCSE 9A*'s, 2A's and 1B. AS AABBC Gen St, Econ, Maths, Bio, Chem (now dropped).
How about you? Where else have you applied?
Sent mine off 4th Nov, have had all offers back apart from birmingham. GCSE 9A*'s, 2A's and 1B. AS AABBC Gen St, Econ, Maths, Bio, Chem (now dropped).
How about you? Where else have you applied?

Where else did you apply? So you have had all your offers now? Or are you still waiting on Birmingham? GCSE 7 A*'s, 2 A's and 2 B's and at A Level I got AAAB in Bio, Chem, Phys and Maths plus A in Critical Thinking at AS. Retaking maths in January though as I got 4/100 ums in C4 because I had to leave the exam. I've applied to Warwick (long shot), Durham, Leeds, Birmingham and manchester.
Reply 4
Lancaster, York, Leicester, Reading (cause college made me put down a BBB offer) just waiting on Birmingham. Which is your first choice? Has any offers yet?
Reply 5
had*
Lancaster, York, Leicester, Reading (cause college made me put down a BBB offer) just waiting on Birmingham. Which is your first choice? Has any offers yet?

First choice is Warwick but that's a long shot but I really wanna go to Durham. No offers yet but only sent app off on 20th so not expecting anything back anytime soon. Good luck with Birmingham anyways :smile:
Reply 7
Thanks you too :smile:
Original post by alexreedbrewer
Where else did you apply? So you have had all your offers now? Or are you still waiting on Birmingham? GCSE 7 A*'s, 2 A's and 2 B's and at A Level I got AAAB in Bio, Chem, Phys and Maths plus A in Critical Thinking at AS. Retaking maths in January though as I got 4/100 ums in C4 because I had to leave the exam. I've applied to Warwick (long shot), Durham, Leeds, Birmingham and manchester.

Presuming you had a conditional offer last year- surely the unis took into consideration that you were unable to take C4? If they didn't take you on cos of the maths then that is really harsh.
Original post by kbountra
Presuming you had a conditional offer last year- surely the unis took into consideration that you were unable to take C4? If they didn't take you on cos of the maths then that is really harsh.

Nope, I applied for Medicine last year but didn't get offers because all my interviews didn't go well as i wasn't sure what i wanted to do so i didn't perform to my best. But turned out for the best as i really want to do Economics and currently on a gap year :smile:
Reply 10

with 9A*'s at gcse i am surprised youve applied to reading and lancaster but fair enough, you should defo get an offer from birmingham, also do you have a leicester offer i got mine today?
Reply 11
Original post by Wezzler
with 9A*'s at gcse i am surprised youve applied to reading and lancaster but fair enough, you should defo get an offer from birmingham, also do you have a leicester offer i got mine today?

thanks, i got ABB in my 3 main AS's (Econ,Maths,Bio) last year so was a bit limited, was so gutted by B in maths :frown:
yeah got leicester through the week after i sent it off- beginning of nov. surprsingly lancaster is looking quite good- esp due to year in industry- AAB offer as well. where else have you applied?
Reply 12
thanks, i got ABB in my 3 main AS's (Econ,Maths,Bio) last year so was a bit limited, was so gutted by B in maths :frown:
yeah got leicester through the week after i sent it off- beginning of nov. surprsingly lancaster is looking quite good- esp due to year in industry- AAB offer as well. where else have you applied?

Nottingham-Economics and International Economics (AAA)
Bristol-Economics and Accounting (AAB-ABB)
Birmingham-Economics (AAB)
Southampton-Economics (AAB)
Leicester-Economics (Offer-ABB)
Will probably be firming birmingham or bristol if i get offers, because i doubt i will get 3A's for Notts. Although Bristol is a very risky choice because of the joint course ive applied to and straight econ ps, where have you applied?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Wezzler
Nottingham-Economics and International Economics (AAA)
Bristol-Economics and Accounting (AAB-ABB)
Birmingham-Economics (AAB)
Southampton-Economics (AAB)
Leicester-Economics (Offer-ABB)
Will probably be firming birmingham or bristol if i get offers, because i doubt i will get 3A's for Notts. Although Bristol is a very risky choice because of the joint course ive applied to and straight econ ps, where have you applied?

Had offers from York Lancaster Leicester and Reading and waiting on Brmingham. Will firm Birmingham if I get an offer. Didnt apply to Bristol with my AS grades and the competitiveness for places there, I think they have like 40 places :/ I think I have been a little pessimistic with my choices though. What A levels are you doing?
hi guys just spoke to birmingham earlier today and they said they dont tend to give offers out until mid january :smile: i have applied at birmingham as well. my other unis were :
Nottingham: Bsc Economics (AAA or AABB)
Lancaster: Economics and Finance (AAB) offer
York: Economics and Finance (AAB)
Birmingham: Economics (AAB)
Oxford: Economics and Management (AAA) (It was a dare by the way i knew a monkey had more chance then me) (rejected)

My A2 Grades were:
Economics B
Accounting A
Maths B
Business B

GCSE's:
7 A*
4 A
2 B

Due to extenuating circumstances (medical problems for my single mum) I didnt get my target grades of AAAA at A2 so I decided to resit 1 module each in Business and Economics to push my grades to AAAB ( I was 10 and 11 UMS marks away from an A respectively) I did not want to resit maths because it would have been too much workload especially because I also am studying Economics and Finance at Keele (which I plan to drop out of at the end of the year)
Reply 15
just got my offer through AAB in Maths Bio Econ, soo happpyyyy :biggrin:
Reply 16
just got my offer through AAB in Maths Bio Econ, soo happpyyyy :biggrin:

well done! can i ask when you applied?
I recieved an offer of AAB from Birmingham on the 13th January. Also got an AAB from York. Still waiting on Warwick and Bristol, had a rejection from Oxford after interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending