The Student Room Group

How do people get Unconditional offers?

Are these only for people who have already done their A2's and have the grades/results already etc?
Can people who have only done AS's and are doing A2's now get them or is it impossible?
Reply 1
It's for those already completed A2.
I got one before I completed my A2s.
Reply 3
Original post by ash-corbett-collins
I got one before I completed my A2s.

What Course and Uni?
Also, what were your AS's?
Before completing A2s? Apply to a university that used to be a leisure centre with OTT predictions.
Original post by delasandro
What Course and Uni?
Also, what were your AS's?

UClan Film Production (BA).

I took Film, English, IT and Maths at AS getting A, A, C, D, respectively.

I think it was because it was a small select course. Seem to remember something being said about 30 places. I may be wrong though.
Original post by ash-corbett-collins
UClan Film Production (BA).

I took Film, English, IT and Maths at AS getting A, A, C, D, respectively.

I think it was because it was a small select course. Seem to remember something being said about 30 places. I may be wrong though.

More likely because it was
A. UCLAN
B. Film Production
Original post by hypocriticaljap
More likely because it was
A. UCLAN
B. Film Production

Meaning?
Reply 8
Christ's College, Cambridge give out unconditional offers, or at least used to. This may have stopped recently.
You shag the admissions tutor.
Original post by delasandro
Are these only for people who have already done their A2's and have the grades/results already etc?
Can people who have only done AS's and are doing A2's now get them or is it impossible?

It's not impossible, unis can make an unconditional offer to anyone they like ... but I've only seen them for people who already have the grades, or for mature students where it's based on experience rather than qualifications.
In Scotland we sit our exams in 5th year, so a lot of my friends got unconditionals. I didn't but that's cause I screwed up fifth year lol.
It is incredibly unlikely that you will get an unconditional offer if you don't have A2 grades already. A more likely (but still very uncommon) offer might be something like EE, which is as good as (I guess after at least finishing A Levels rather than just dropping out completely)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending