The Student Room Group

Why are the lower classes poorer, less intelligent, uglier and fatter?

Scroll to see replies

OH **** david cameron has TSR!
Reply 21
I have wondered this myself, what makes people have no aim in life at all? What makes their only aspiration to claim the dole? What makes them have all the social problems and from time to time alcohol or drug addictions.

I going by what I see, generally the working class are an embarassment, if they have a goal to get out of it, good for them, but many don't.
Reply 22
You may not like what I say, but go to The Yates in Burnley on a Friday night and you will see what I mean.
I started off in what you would qualify as a working class area, I lived in a council flat etc etc. But my mum worked hard and so I ended up going to a private school and then on to study law at uni.

And I'm alright looking.
So yea, shup :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by lyrical_lie
I started off in what you would qualify as a working class area, I lived in a council flat etc etc. But my mum worked hard and so I ended up going to a private school and then on to study law at uni.

And I'm alright looking.
So yea, shup :smile:

It's people like you that I really admire. I wish the rest of the working class tried as hard as you. You are a great example.
Because they watch x-factor.
Original post by Poem boy

Seriously what's up with them. They are a total embarrassment to this country. No on likes chavs and they are out breeding the middle and upper classes who what make Britain a semi worthwhile country.

If it keeps on going on at this rate 90% of the nation will watch I'm a celebrity and X factor.

The real question is, why are you so desperate to get neg repped?
Reply 27
One cannot make generalisations.

They are probably poorer because they are not born into a family with contacts or any assets to begin with. It is a lot harder to amass capital in one's lifetime than it is to maintain pre-existing capital.
As for being less intelligent, uglier and fatter; I do not agree that they are.

I think intellect needs to be supported by one's parents and environment, otherwise it may go to waste. My parents were not particularly hot on education, neither are my friends, but luckily I had the sense to block those influences out and just do my own thing. However, many people aren't able to do so and usually find it easier to just yield to their chums etc. Having said that, I did attend a private school and my mother is fabulous with keeping up with uni stuff, so I don't think I can reasonably use my environment as an excuse for anything. :smile:

I think the whole 'upper class girls are more attractive' is present only because of how they groom and dress themselves. If you stuck one of them in a tracksuit and put naff blonde highlights in their hair and put it into a greasy pony-tail, I'm not sure she'd look so hot, OP. (Not saying lower class girls always dress like this, but just using a stereotypical example :smile:).
By your standards I would be pigeon holed into the working class category, but I will have you know not ALL lower class people are ugly, fat and stupid.
I work all the hours under the sun as does my husband, we support our two children and both of us are in further education, my husband doing a HND in computing whilst I have just applied to uni after attending college for the last 2 years and both of us have achieved overall distinctions. I am 25 and my husband is 29.
Neither of us is unattractive so where on any scale do we fit your stereotype?

Just out of interest.

Poemboy, you are a Giant Genital.
Reply 30
Huh I'm sure there is a large amount of fat ignorant rich people too - it's just that the overall number of richer people will undoubtedly be smaller than that of poorer peopler - so will seem like less. Basically...that's life - you get fat, ugly, ignorant people in all walks of it.
I think much of it involves dress sense and hairstyle.
Reply 32
Original post by silentkate000
By your standards I would be pigeon holed into the working class category, but I will have you know not ALL lower class people are ugly, fat and stupid.
I work all the hours under the sun as does my husband, we support our two children and both of us are in further education, my husband doing a HND in computing whilst I have just applied to uni after attending college for the last 2 years and both of us have achieved overall distinctions. I am 25 and my husband is 29.
Neither of us is unattractive so where on any scale do we fit your stereotype?

Just out of interest.

Actually I wasn't referring to people like yourself. By lower class I do not mean working class. In fact I admire people like you who make an effort to achieve success in life. I am referring to people who make no effort at all to better themselves and often live benefits.

Also I am talking about averages here. Congratulations on your distinctions btw
Reply 33
Seriously what's up with them. They are a total embarrassment to this country. No on likes chavs and they are out breeding the middle and upper classes who what make Britain a semi worthwhile country.

If it keeps on going on at this rate 90% of the nation will watch I'm a celebrity and X factor.

I actually know what you mean. I'd just like to say I have nothing against all poor people or anything, but you have a valid point. You're on about Jeremy Kyle people. :teehee:

To be honest, I've wondered why they're all ugly as well, they look like they have fetal alcohol syndrome to me. I think they're fatter due to lack of intelligence, education, and other influences so they eat cheap nasty food.

They shame England if I'm honest. We were a great nation, and they're ruining it. It must be stopped.

You're right, no one does like chavs. We should bring back the hunt, but replace foxes with the chavs, this time no one would complain! :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 34
You're an idiot.

I go to a private school and most people watch I'm a Celebrity or X Factor and most people who go to my school are also extremely clever.

Also, I have encountered many stupid, ugly, middle class chavs and lots of lovely, intelligent people from working class families so your "argument" doesn't really work.
Reply 35
Actually I wasn't referring to people like yourself. By lower class I do not mean working class. In fact I admire people like you who make an effort to achieve success in life. I am referring to people who make no effort at all to better themselves and often live benefits.

Ooh that's what you meant. Well I suppose you have a point then but as your referring to the people who "make no effort to better themselves" then surely it's fairly obvious why they're often ugly, overweight, poor etc. Laziness won't get you anywhere good in life :smile:
I understand what you’re saying but we also used to live in a council house although paid for by ourselves and I had my daughter at 16. (Yes her father is my husband)

I think you have to have the drive to want better for yourself and many lower class people don’t know how to make the best of what they have got, especially in times like these.

No I’m not a chav hugger but don’t stereotype all lower class people not all of them are there by choice.

oh LOL. you again!
Sigh
Even if they were poor, stupid, ugly and fat they would probably still be of more value to society than the OP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending