The Student Room Group

I have an offer of ABB from Surrey but..

do you reckon if I got AAC they'd still accept me? :confused: Or even A*AC
Reply 1
if you go below the grades you need then they'll probs consider each case individually, but surely A*AC is better and AAC is just equivalent? just don't blow it and get EEE :smile:
Reply 2
it depends on the university, you could ask people that go there orrrr possibly just email addmissions?
worry about that when you get your grades.

until then work your arse off to get at least ABB

preferably A*A*A*
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Surrey (insurance choice) didn't accept me for 2010 entry when my offer was BBB, and I got ABC (and the C grade was in an A-level irrelevant to the course).
I think it probably depends on how many offers they've made and whether they're full up or not - the less people they have on the course, the better your chances are that they'll accept you.
Reply 6
Original post by didgeridoo12uk
worry about that when you get your grades.

until then work your arse off to get AAB

Or AAA.
Reply 7
Original post by luuucyx
it depends on the university, you could ask people that go there orrrr possibly just email addmissions?

No one would know until results day
Reply 8
What are the letters symbolizing..ofcourse the grades but in what subjects- is it specific for each uni? And is it just 3 like ABA, or AAA or more than 3?
Reply 9
When I started in 2008 I messed up one of my A levels but Surrey let me in anyway with one grade below my offer. I don't know if they would still do the same thing though as the competition for places has increased.
Reply 10
Original post by MM1234
No one would know until results day

yeah they do, some unis dont mind going by ucas tariff but others are really against it and want you to get set grades, plus unis find out your grades on the sunday before you do so have time to make up their minds on whether or not to take the borderline students.
Reply 11
It's quite possible but don't bet on it! My boyfriend had a ABB offer from Exeter and they accepted him on ABC.
Original post by charcharchar
do you reckon if I got AAC they'd still accept me? :confused: Or even A*AC

Work hard for that B, trust me. There's been a huge increase in applicants at Surrey this year.
However, that B would be worth working for because Surrey is awesome :smile:
Well put it this way. I got offered BBB, got ABC and still got in.My friends had an offer from a different uni for AAA, got A*AB and didn't get in. Completely depends on the uni, how many other people got the grade etc.
Reply 14
Original post by luuucyx
yeah they do, some unis dont mind going by ucas tariff but others are really against it and want you to get set grades, plus unis find out your grades on the sunday before you do so have time to make up their minds on whether or not to take the borderline students.

Ok, but this is an offer in terms of grades. Exactly, so you wouldn't know their decision until the day of the results (until they have assessed all the applicants who narrowly failed to meet their offers).
Reply 15
Original post by MM1234
Ok, but this is an offer in terms of grades. Exactly, so you wouldn't know their decision until the day of the results (until they have assessed all the applicants who narrowly failed to meet their offers).

yeah i guess, i meant it might be a good idea to ask the university how they view it.. if you have a good interview and then drop like one grade they might still let you go..
Reply 16
Original post by luuucyx
yeah i guess, i meant it might be a good idea to ask the university how they view it.. if you have a good interview and then drop like one grade they might still let you go..

Yeah thats true if you have a good interview it can work in your favour if your results are borderline... but I remember being told at the vist day at my firm choice for 2010 entry that if I firm them they may still accept you if you narrowly missed the offer :frown:

Anyway good luck with your UCAS application and just make sure you get the grades
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 17
As long as you Get an A/A* on the subject you wish to do at uni, I'm sure they'll accept you

I mean technically it equals the same thing = 320 points

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending