The Student Room Group

I'm very proud to be a Liberal Democrat

The Liberal Democrats are the only party with a moral mandate to serve this country. Why do people have such antipathy towards our liberal, sensible policies?

Scroll to see replies

lol troll. Anyone who was a proud liberal democrat is not anymore.
Because when push comes to shove you bend over like spineless bastards and have the Tories walk all over you?
Reply 3
..... really?
Reply 4
Students are such selfish pigs really. Your tuition fees had to rise. We're doing it for the greater good, not our short-term popularity.
Reply 5
So you find it alright for the Lib Dem's to lead students into believing they're against any rising of student fees and aim to abolish them all together? I think the lib dem's are absolute ****ers! not voting for them again :smile:
Reply 6

Good for you! :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm not a student, nor have I ever been one, nor do I intend to be one. I'm merely making a rather accurate observation. There's nothing that I can recall that they said would be done in this coalition that actually has been done. They're nothing but a joke party.
Troll, surely. If not :lolwut:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by calannra
So you find it alright for the Lib Dem's to lead students into believing they're against any rising of student fees and aim to abolish them all together? I think the lib dem's are absolute ****ers! not voting for them again :smile:

We don't need your votes. We've had these 5 years given to us (thank you) in order to bring about a better Britain. Half-truths is what politics are about I'm afraid.
Such a travesty we can't say the same for Nickita.
I don't agree with the Lib Dem's principle of revoking pledges after the votes have been cast. I did not vote for tuition fees to rise.
Reply 12
Original post by Cheofik
We don't need your votes. We've had these 5 years given to us (thank you) in order to bring about a better Britain. Half-truths is what politics are about I'm afraid.

Surely you need votes to get into Parliament, or am I missing something here?
Reply 13
Original post by calannra
Surely you need votes to get into Parliament, or am I missing something here?

We know that we're not going to be re-elected in 2015 (but that's OK because most of the MPs will have fabulously successful careers in the private sector). These 5 years however have been given to us to make Britain better, and that is what we're doing.
Reply 14
Original post by Cheofik
We know that we're not going to be re-elected in 2015 (but that's OK because most of the MPs will have fabulously successful careers in the private sector). These 5 years however have been given to us to make Britain better, and that is what we're doing.

I completely disagree, but you're entitled to whatever opinion you like :tongue:
Original post by Cheofik

That's what the Tories are (in their special way) doing. You're just going along for the ride.
Your private sector remark does reveal your true troll status though. Only a Tory would write that.
Reply 16
Original post by mikeyd85
That's what the Tories are (in their special way) doing. You're just going along for the ride.
Your private sector remark does reveal your true troll status though. Only a Tory would write that.

The Tories wouldn't be doing anything if we hadn't joined the Coalition. We were the kingmakers if you remember.
Reply 17
Good luck to you sir - britain needs it's cranks and eccentrics -those who steadfastly micturate into the blizzard of history and scoff in the face of reality.

Realistically I was hearing senior tories on the radio talking about openly standing as a Con-Dem coalition at the next election... basically it's a takeover of the Lib Dems by the Tory party

in other news
Lib dem donations are now lower than UKIP
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11827994
I'm still voting for Lib Dem.

However, 'proud'? No, I don't think so. I just think that they've got the best idea, and with a bit of work, could make a brilliant party miles above the rest. They've got a way to go yet though, I agree.

OP. Troll.
Original post by Cheofik
The Tories wouldn't be doing anything if we hadn't joined the Coalition. We were the kingmakers if you remember.

Agreed, so it's all your fault x2. :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending