The Student Room Group

Why are the lower classes poorer, less intelligent, uglier and fatter?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by chrislpp
I have wondered this myself, what makes people have no aim in life at all? What makes their only aspiration to claim the dole? What makes them have all the social problems and from time to time alcohol or drug addictions.

I going by what I see, generally the working class are an embarassment, if they have a goal to get out of it, good for them, but many don't.

i agree that people must have aims, but surely you cant relate or alcoholics or drug takers with working class. im not a working class but neither i am a billionaire, but to say that all working classes are embarrassment and alcoholics, which is what i imply from your quote, its just wrong. the life we live now does not and cannot possibly consist of all medium and high class societies, this just cannot possibly possibly be true and nobody can change life to make this true, however long time in the future you want.
Reply 41
Original post by Poem boy
Seriously what's up with them. They are a total embarrassment to this country. No on likes chavs and they are out breeding the middle and upper classes who what make Britain a semi worthwhile country.

If it keeps on going on at this rate 90% of the nation will watch I'm a celebrity and X factor.

By the way by lower class, I do not mean working class. I am talking about the people who go on Jeremy Kyle and live off benefits, end up in prison and the chavs who menace people in town centres.

why are lower classes poorer? - if they werent, they wouldnt be lower class
why are lower classes less intelligent? - because they cant afford to go to private schools, they do not live in good areas where there are excellent schools
why are lower classes uglier? - money certainly cannot possibly be a reason why someone is ugly or beatiful, it can only make a difference on their appearance, for example, those who have money wear expensive, nice dresses, look after themselves etc.
why are lower classes fatter? - who told you that there are more fat chavs than rich?
Reply 42
Original post by vahik92
why are lower classes poorer? - if they werent, they wouldnt be lower class
why are lower classes less intelligent? - because they cant afford to go to private schools, they do not live in good areas where there are excellent schools
why are lower classes uglier? - money certainly cannot possibly be a reason why someone is ugly or beatiful, it can only make a difference on their appearance, for example, those who have money wear expensive, nice dresses, look after themselves etc.
why are lower classes fatter? - who told you that there are more fat chavs than rich?

You can't buy class. If an underclass chav suddenly becaomes a millionaire (maybe he wins the scratchcards?) he's still a lowerclass retard. Money cannot buy class nor taste, he'd probably gold plate everything, ew. Nouveau twits.

Lol you don't have to be rich to go to private school, with the amount of scholarships that are on offer these days.

You wouldn't think so, but there is definately a 'look' about lowerclass chavs. Look on Jeremy Kyle. ALL the people on there are absolutely disgusting.

Generally, the lower classes have the highest obesity rates.
Original post by .Ali.
You can't buy class. If an underclass chav suddenly becaomes a millionaire (maybe he wins the scratchcards?) he's still a lowerclass retard. Money cannot buy class nor taste, he'd probably gold plate everything, ew. Nouveau twits.

Lol you don't have to be rich to go to private school, with the amount of scholarships that are on offer these days.

You wouldn't think so, but there is definately a 'look' about lowerclass chavs. Look on Jeremy Kyle. ALL the people on there are absolutely disgusting.

Generally, the lower classes have the highest obesity rates.

You just can't help yourself can you? If their a anything you see as poor vs rich thing going on you're right in there!
LOL, possible win thread.

I say we get rid of the lower and middle middle classes too.
Reply 45
it's the lack of proper education lead to less intelligent poorer, and been poorer makes the appearance looks worse. All the above give them the tag "lower class" you are using, not the other way round
Reply 46
Original post by Left Hand Drive
You just can't help yourself can you? If their a anything you see as poor vs rich thing going on you're right in there!

I comment on lots of threads, and for some reason, there are lots of rich vs poor threads about. I could say the same about you. :wink:
Reply 47
Seriously what's up with them. They are a total embarrassment to this country. No on likes chavs and they are out breeding the middle and upper classes who what make Britain a semi worthwhile country.

If it keeps on going on at this rate 90% of the nation will watch I'm a celebrity and X factor.

By the way by lower class, I do not mean working class. I am talking about the people who go on Jeremy Kyle and live off benefits, end up in prison and the chavs who menace people in town centres.

You watch Jeremy Kyle??????
Reply 48
Original post by Alexr115
You watch Jeremy Kyle??????

I watch it occasionally, if I feel really depressed and need reminding that it could be worse! :tongue:
Original post by .Ali.
I comment on lots of threads, and for some reason, there are lots of rich vs poor threads about. I could say the same about you. :wink:

Could you though?
Reply 50
Original post by Left Hand Drive
Could you though?

Yes, as for all theese type of threads I comment on, you're there, ergo, you comment on the same amount of rich/poor threads that I do.
OP is so right its almost painful for poor people!
All depends on how you're brought up in the end nothing to do with 'class'

My family's working class. My parents work very hard, have never been unemployed, own their own home, have impecable manners, are clean and respectable, they gave everything they could for me and my brothers despite constantly struggling for money all the time, we had the best christmases and were allways dressed nice.

We live in a close with other lower class families in council houses; some are charming, friendly with good mannered children, others are just horrendous trouble causers with no jobs and no manners.

This applies to all classes no?

and I feel the need to add; my mums beautiful and my dad a handsome son of a gun so I cant help you with the 'ugly' issue? and were all slim, eat well and are intelligent

And quite frankly your assumption my family is as you described in the title; very insulting indeed :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 53
Damn, if only I could be as amazing as the OP. Sigh, my life is worthless. /emo.

:wink:
Reply 54
Original post by .Ali.
I watch it occasionally, if I feel really depressed and need reminding that it could be worse! :tongue:

poor you!! Next time you get depressed you should take a walk on England's mountains green. Far better than being stuck infront of the idiot box :wink:
Reply 55
I had a mum with severe arthritus.
She had looking after me, fostering kids and tackling a part time / full time (went full time when she could, they were nice and flexible) GOOD job and i turned out fine.
I'm not bad looking.
I'm intelligent, all be it very lazy.
And im not obese.

OP should stop generalising =]
Reply 56
I know this is a troll thread (at least, I hope it is!) but I'm going to post this here anyway, as it's so relevant it's untrue.

Reply 57
Lack of intelligence, bad appearance and poor health in the lower classes are all explained by the fact that they don't have so much time or money on their hands because they're working at menial, exhausting jobs all day. The preponderance of these traits in their social circles prompts those who would otherwise be different to conform to the same lifestyle.
Reply 58

...Poorer. Well, I think the term 'lower class' is an explanation to that in itself. I guess that's not something that can be helped at the moment; a lot of people are making effort in finding jobs. It's not easy at all.
:smile:

as for unintelligent, ugly and fat.
1. Wow, that's shallow.
2. you just made yourself look like a bit of an idiot.

But hey, everyone's entitled to opinions.
:colondollar:
Reply 59
cheryl cole is working class and she's pretty rich and kind of alright looking.

Guess that's not a good example

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending