The Student Room Group

Processing Questions

Your application has been sent to UCAS and will be processed shortly. After it has been processed, we will send you a welcome letter and a booklet in the post; they will explain what happens next. Once you have the letter, you can log in to Track at ucas.com to check the progress of your application. Log in with the Personal ID on your welcome letter as this number may have changed since sending your application.

Ok basically my app was sent today at 14:21, do you know how long the letter takes to come and how long it takes for universities to actually receive my application.

Thanks
Reply 1
The letter takes 3-5 days to arrive, whilst I'm not too sure when the universities receive it. Some will send you an acknowledgement when they have receieved it though and are telling you they're in the process of considering it.
Reply 2
Oh I see, I had just be happy if universities would receive it before the end of the week.
These sorts of things vary and I wouldn't hold my breath when it comes to UCAS if I were you. That said, it took about a week and a half for me to get my information package through once I'd completed the initial processes. Good luck with your chosen universities and getting a place though, OP. :smile:
It can vary. Mine was processed by UCAS about two hours after I sent it, and I was receiving acknowledgements from universities the next morning. I got the letter about a week after.
Reply 5
Ah nice :biggrin:. just seems UCAS are just unreliable as hell.

*edit* By the way, you mean received by Uni's within 2 hours?
Original post by Scarce2324
Ah nice :biggrin:. just seems UCAS are just unreliable as hell.

*edit* By the way, you mean received by Uni's within 2 hours?

I assumed that when they said it was processed, that meant that it had been forwarded to the uni's.
Mine was sent to UCAS 3 - nearly 4 days ago and it's still 'processing'.....getting terribly impatient.
Reply 8
Ah the joy, I hate these kind of posts lol.
Reply 9
It takes 24-48 hours for ucas to process it, and that's when unis receive it - but it will take longer before they actually look at it. The welcome letter can take up to 2 weeks to arrive (and even longer if you need to add time for international post).
Reply 10
Original post by Juno
It takes 24-48 hours for ucas to process it, and that's when unis receive it - but it will take longer before they actually look at it. The welcome letter can take up to 2 weeks to arrive (and even longer if you need to add time for international post).

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending