The Student Room Group

To anyone in a relationship.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kristinaalovesu
I dont know.
He never call/text me back anymore.
It's his way of letting me know its over i guess, he already did this before.

Well he is an idiot than. :judge:

You deserve better. :yes:
Original post by lonely14

Original post by lonely14
Well he is an idiot than. :judge:

You deserve better. :yes:

haha Thanks. :h:
Oh, go on then:

How long have you been in the relationship? Only around 3.5 months.
How old are you? I'm 20, he's 36.
Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious'? I think it's going somewhere, but it's early days yet. We've both talked about it being quite promising.
Do you see yourself staying with your partner forever, having a family etc? Like I said, too early to say really. I'm very smitten, so I won't say I don't occasionally think about it, though. I think we're good together.
Reply 123
How long have you been in the relationship?
It'll be 20 months this Saturday :smile:

How old are you?
18, both of us are!

Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious'?
Yep

Do you see yourself staying with your partner forever, having a family etc?
Quite possibly, I don't see why not! :smile:
Not actually sure! At some point in September '10 possibly?.. (long story)

How old are you?
19; she's 18

Not yet

I would like to think so, but it's obviously too early to tell.

She's lovely though :smile: .
Reply 125
Original post by Happy Insomniac
Nothing, if they work for you. They just don't work for me. I've been in one twice before before, and I either spend way too much time on the phone/online (neglecting my friends and studies) or spend barely any and we just drift apart. And if I'm get into medical school, I suspect the latter will be the way it'll go. He's not really interested in long distance either; we're quite similar in most of our outlooks. Probably why we're so good together. Ah well; such is life.

Most I've spent away from her is a couple of months when I go home at term time. Does that count as long distance? I'm hoping to get into med school too but 4 yr grad. Are you hoping to do undergrad or grad med?
Original post by Pyrrho
Most I've spent away from her is a couple of months when I go home at term time. Does that count as long distance? I'm hoping to get into med school too but 4 yr grad. Are you hoping to do undergrad or grad med?

I don't think it's long distance if you're together most of the time. I had one that was very long distance (he lived in Canada) and we only saw each other every few months. The other was just a 45-minute train journey, and we saw each other most weekends. I'm just getting too old for it, haha. Focusing on uni and working part time is enough without keeping up via phone/internet and constant visits.
I've applied to two grad courses (Leicester and Warwick) and two undergrad (Newcastle and Glasgow). I honestly don't know which I'd choose if I had an offer for undergrad and GEM. I'm running on the assumption that I'll get one offer if I'm REALLY lucky, heh. Where are you thinking of applying?
About... 14 - 15 months?

How old are you?
17, he's 18.

Quite?.. But I'm quite young, so I'll see anything as serious :tongue: For now it's just great to enjoy each other's company.

HAHA no- we'd have the geekiest children EVER. :biggrin:
Reply 128
- 6 months, on and off
How old are you?
- Im 20, he is 30
- It's getting there
- I dont know. I'd like us to, I guess. But it's just about NOW, for now :P
:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
How long have you been in the relationship? 4 and a half years
How old are you? 20
Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious'? Very serious :smile:
Do you see yourself staying with your partner forever, having a family etc? We talk about the future quite a bit and we both believe that we will stay together. it is definitely something that we both want.
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Damn it.
Now im jealous. :cry2:

Why post on a thread blatently about relationships when you're single and heartbroken then? Sheeesh. Seriously, get over the dude, and stop expecting attention. *headdesk*

/rant

Anyway, as for the thread..

How long have you been in the relationship? 2 years
How old are you? 18
Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious'? Yeah, I'd like to think so. I don't think we'd be in an LDR if we weren't.
Do you see yourself staying with your partner forever, having a family etc? Not sure. I think we want different things from life ultimately, so it might not work out, and we've got so much of life to live before even thinking of that. But right now I know he means a lot to me, I'm happy where we are and where we're going for the foreseeable future. :smile:
Nearly eight months (with seven months previously a few years ago).

How old are you?
Nearly 18.

Well yes, as in we won't be breaking up anytime soon. We've already been on a break away to Paris - I doubt you're going to get much serious than that at eight months.

No, I doubt it. We'll remain friends though, whatever happens.
2 years 10 months
I'm 22, he's 24
Oh yes, very.
Yes, but having a family - no, since we both don't want children.
6 months

im 17 hes 18

yeah :smile:

I hope so, weve talked, but im going to uni 3 hours away from home next year so if it survives that i guess it can survive anythin :smile:
Reply 134
Original post by Happy Insomniac
I don't think it's long distance if you're together most of the time. I had one that was very long distance (he lived in Canada) and we only saw each other every few months. The other was just a 45-minute train journey, and we saw each other most weekends. I'm just getting too old for it, haha. Focusing on uni and working part time is enough without keeping up via phone/internet and constant visits.
I've applied to two grad courses (Leicester and Warwick) and two undergrad (Newcastle and Glasgow). I honestly don't know which I'd choose if I had an offer for undergrad and GEM. I'm running on the assumption that I'll get one offer if I'm REALLY lucky, heh. Where are you thinking of applying?

I'm applying to the 4 year courses at Newcastle, Swansea and Nottingham and the 6 year course at Sheffield. I haven't got any science A levels so I'm not allowed to apply to just about any 5 year course. They haven't figured yet that perhaps graduates without a science background might apply for 5 year courses as well as 4 year courses.
Original post by Anonymous
How old are you?

33 months tomorrow.
Nope, just fun.
Who knows, I'm too young to settle down, in disregard of how long the relationship has lasted thus far.
Original post by Pyrrho
I'm applying to the 4 year courses at Newcastle, Swansea and Nottingham and the 6 year course at Sheffield. I haven't got any science A levels so I'm not allowed to apply to just about any 5 year course. They haven't figured yet that perhaps graduates without a science background might apply for 5 year courses as well as 4 year courses.

Yeah, it is a bit odd that. I guess it's because the GAMSAT covers you for showing basic science knowledge for 4-year courses, whereas UKCAT doesn't for 5-years. And it'd be difficult for them to compare two applicants for the 5-year courses if they had different admissions tests. If I don't get in anywhere this year, I shall probably be joining you in sitting the GAMSAT. I missed my test date this year due to a random emergency, was planning on applying to St. Georges and Nottingham; substituted the two 5-year courses instead.
Reply 137
How long have you been in the relationship? 2.5 years
How old are you? Im 21, hes 22
Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious'? Yes, We have our own house together at least
Do you see yourself staying with your partner forever, having a family etc? We've never talked about it but it could happen, we'd rather just take things as they come
6/7 months, so not all that long.

How old are you?
18 and 20.

I suppose so, we've had conversations about how it seems to be settling into a kind of seriousness. We're both pretty serious about eachother but obviously it's early days and there won't be any 'big steps' (moving in together etc.) for a good while.

No clue. It's still early, but we're LDR for 5 more months then we'll both be moving (independantly) to London, so we'll have to wait and see..
Original post by staring.space

Original post by staring.space
Why post on a thread blatently about relationships when you're single and heartbroken then? Sheeesh. Seriously, get over the dude, and stop expecting attention. *headdesk*

/rant

Geez, No need to quote me if you're just going to say some nonsense rant you know.
Im not heartbroken, just because i said im jealous doesn't mean im heartbroken.
I am jealous because the people who posted here seems to be happy.
Also, will you not assume things about me, when you clearly don't even know me. :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending