The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam PGCE

Hi guys,

I'm just keen to find any other Hallam PGCE applicants this year.

I've applied to Hallam as my first choice for Primary. I've had my general welcome letter and I can see my application was sent to them on the 13th Oct. Anyone heard anything?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've applied to Hallam (also Primary). I haven't heard from them, got my 'welcome' letter from GTTR though, on the track section it says unchanged since 16th November.
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Glad to find another primary edder out there! I heard from Hallam that if we're successful in getting an interview, we'll hear by a letter through the post, if we're unsuccessful we'll find out via track. Suppose it's just a case of waiting a little bit longer!
Reply 3
I've applied to Sheffield Hallam as a second choice (York St John as first) and haven't heard anything yet - other than the 'welcome letter' from GTTR. Fingers crossed for an interview though, I'm a bit nervous already!

Are you guys local?
Reply 4
Original post by nterry242
I've applied to Sheffield Hallam as a second choice (York St John as first) and haven't heard anything yet - other than the 'welcome letter' from GTTR. Fingers crossed for an interview though, I'm a bit nervous already!

Are you guys local?

I am.

The deadline for submitting applications is tomorrow, so I guess we should know soon enough.
Reply 5
I'm technically not local but go to Sheffield uni so have lived up here for the last 3 years!
Reply 6
Phew, glad to hear I'm not the only one waiting... I applied 15th October.

Sorta local, I went to Sheffield Uni, graduated this summer and I'm there every weekend now I'm working back home. I hope we hear something before xmas so I can relax a little :confused:
Reply 7
Original post by srenton88
Phew, glad to hear I'm not the only one waiting... I applied 15th October.

Sorta local, I went to Sheffield Uni, graduated this summer and I'm there every weekend now I'm working back home. I hope we hear something before xmas so I can relax a little :confused:

Hey, I know fingers crossed we find out before Christmas. have you applied for Primary too? What did you study at Sheffield Uni? I'm doing English :smile:
Reply 8
I studied Biology and yea its primary... Just been given an interview!! 21st December
Reply 9
I've got an interview on 21st Dec too! arrghh!! :biggrin:
Reply 10
I found out on monday that I have an interview for secondary english on tuesday! Only a week to prepare :frown:

Does anyone know or have any tips in general of the sorts of things that Hallam looks for?
Reply 11
What are people thinking about interview dress code? The kind of thing we'd wear to teach in or a more formal suit?
Reply 12
How did it go for everyone? I was very nervous and I think it showed, just got to wait and see now.
Reply 13
Yeah I'm the same, although think they'd expect us to be nervous so hopefully take that into account! Felt like the individual interview was over really quickly, it might have been nice to get more of a chance to talk to them but then they did have a lot of people to get through this week. Think the worst part is not knowing when we'll hear back!
Reply 14
Yep, everyone who I spoke to that day said the waiting is the worse.

How did you find the 'tests'? I thought the maths went fine, but I wrote a totally cringe-worthy answer for the literacy one.
can i please ask you guys what happened during the interview please?
thankyou
Reply 16
Original post by tabby_girl
can i please ask you guys what happened during the interview please?
thankyou

Nothing out of the ordinary really. There were 3 sets of interviews going on at once (2 people to each candidate). First they looked at your certificates (GCSE) /letters of referral, then proceeded with the questions - why do you want to be a teacher, what have you learnt while in school, what do you think you could bring to teaching.
Has anyone heard anything yet? I know they aren't giving offers until they know how many places they can have but surely if people were definitely unsuccessful after the interview they would have let them know? The wait's killing me! :frown:
Reply 18
Not heard anything yet... I think the interview went really well but hate waiting and what makes it worse was them saying they don't even know when they can tell us by :s... but no news is good news because they might get back to those they know arent going to get a place first... we can only hope
Original post by srenton88
Not heard anything yet... I think the interview went really well but hate waiting and what makes it worse was them saying they don't even know when they can tell us by :s... but no news is good news because they might get back to those they know arent going to get a place first... we can only hope

That's what I'm hoping too! I know people who've applied to other uni's have heard back from their interviews already and have been rejected so hopefully not hearing anything's a good thing. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending