The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
Original post by jadeitew
i opted for Emma. anyway nobody does well for their interview; even the strongest applicants still come out shaken. after all, it is cambridge we are talking about. imperial-wise, i'm prepared to wait it out, they are one of the slowest and they may want to conduct interviews also.

phew lucky you're not applying to kings :biggrin:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Panda Vinnie
Congrats and good luck for the interview! :biggrin:

I applied for theoretical physics, they've only acknowledged me so far I'm hoping to hear from them pretty soon. When is your interview day if you don't mind me asking?

Thankyou, sorry for such a late response I've not been on TSR much recently, off the top of my head I think it's the 19th of January. So ages away.
Good luck, hope you have got/get an interview
Original post by dorian gray
Why did you withdraw your application for PEES mate?

yeah, i was 99% sure that i was going to get rejected so i just applied to kcl instead, for international politics which they just created :wink:
Reply 1543
Did anybody apply for Ancient World Studies/Classics have to fill out a questionnaire with lots of questions about the classical world?
Original post by whatsmyage
yeah, i was 99% sure that i was going to get rejected so i just applied to kcl instead, for international politics which they just created :wink:

Oh okay, best of luck :smile: I'm applying for both courses!
Reply 1545
Original post by amz123
Thanks!!
I don't want to get too happy until it updates on ucas- but yay!
It's for stats, economics and finance :smile:
I've never been to ucl though!

np. haha ye i understand, when u see it on track u'll explode lol.
great course as well! never been? do you live far from it then, i've been like 3 times now o.O :P love it.
Reply 1546
Is anyone going for the interview anth and arch thing on Wednesday.....?
Original post by Mandrews91
Hey I got an unconditional for chemical engineering last week :smile:
Really happy and good luck to everyone else

congrats!!

i have also applied but havnt got a reply :frown:

what grades do u have? are u an international applicant?
Reply 1548
Just wondering if anyone knows when they typically release law decisions for international students? I sent my application in on October 15 and haven't heard anything except for an acknowledgement. I heard a rumour that internationals receive decisions earlier for law and this has me a tad bit worried...
Original post by arvindammanath
congrats!!

i have also applied but havnt got a reply :frown:

what grades do u have? are u an international applicant?

Thanks!!

don´t worry UCL are always a little slow in replying.

My grades are A*AAB (chem, Maths, bio, physics)
and no i´m not an international applicant, I live about 20 miles from UCL :biggrin:
Reply 1550
wow so many unconditionals from UCL for chemical engineering. I am getting pretty nervous that I am yet to receive a reply. What are your grades like arvind?
I've just received the BSc Psychology questionnaire through email (having spent weeks frantically checking the post). It's nice to know I haven't been completely forgotten about.
Reply 1552
nobody for physics/astrophysics ?? :<
Hey guys does anyone have an interview (for computer science) at UCL tomorrow?

Not really sure how I'm going to get there tbh, the weather being crap and that...
And I only live in Essex! :s-smilie: I just hope the Tube and the overground rail services are going to be functioning properly!
Original post by parkeroo
Just wondering if anyone knows when they typically release law decisions for international students? I sent my application in on October 15 and haven't heard anything except for an acknowledgement. I heard a rumour that internationals receive decisions earlier for law and this has me a tad bit worried...

I don't think so. As far as I know, none of my friends have heard from UCL for Law apart from acknowledgement of their application thus far. My seniors got their offers at varying times; some in late Nov, some in Dec, possibly as late as Feb/ Mar. So no, I don't think there's a set date for replies, except for the one in April/ May.
Reply 1555
Username: antas33
Course: Physics
Planned Entry: 2011
Original post by homer6
wow so many unconditionals from UCL for chemical engineering. I am getting pretty nervous that I am yet to receive a reply. What are your grades like arvind?

my grades are AAAB.. maths, physics, chemistry, bio (respectivly)

how about u?
Finally!! An Offer!!:banana::dance:
L100 Economics

It's my first offer after waiting for AGESS! Absolutely over the moon! (even though it is my insurance - still hoping for LSE! :biggrin: )

EDIT: at least I think it's an offer - I have to attend open day first!
Original post by Starlight-x
Finally!! An Offer!!:banana::dance:
L100 Economics

It's my first offer after waiting for AGESS! Absolutely over the moon! (even though it is my insurance - still hoping for LSE! :biggrin: )

Won't they make the same offer? Surely your insurance should be a uni with lower grades?
Original post by Bellrosk
Won't they make the same offer? Surely your insurance should be a uni with lower grades?

I'm expecting a higher offer from LSE (2 A* and A) but A*AA from UCL :colondollar:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending