The Student Room Group

FML - the only deodorant I'm not allergic to gives me asthma attacks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If there really is no option, you could deodorant your clothing, there's the soap you put into the washing machine to make your clothes smell nice. Also take a shower every morning and try not to sweat.

You don't need deodorant to smell nice, in fact, I think I smell better without it. I just put a little on my armpit and belly.
Original post by Anonymous
Tried it. That was one of the worst, ironically.

hmm, plain talc? dunno if that wud actually stop BO tho
Reply 22
Dude I can smell you from here. That really is quite rancid.
Reply 23
Original post by TWF
If there really is no option, you could deodorant your clothing, there's the soap you put into the washing machine to make your clothes smell nice. Also take a shower every morning and try not to sweat.

You don't need deodorant to smell nice, in fact, I think I smell better without it. I just put a little on my armpit and belly.

I've found a washing powder after a few years that doesn't irritate my skin, I don't think I'll be messing around with that. :wink:

And yeah, I do shower every day multiple times - I don't think people avoid me, it's probably a case of me being more self-conscious of it than anyone else.

'Try not to sweat' - apart from avoiding exhaustive exercise, it's a natural reaction, how can you really stop it?
Reply 24
Original post by pink_flower
hmm, plain talc? dunno if that wud actually stop BO tho

Plain talcum powder does not irritate the skin, but like you say, it doesn't actually help the smell unfortunately.
have u tried roll on?

if that doesn't work - carry around baby wipes to wipe the sweat away.
Reply 26
I've found a washing powder after a few years that doesn't irritate my skin, I don't think I'll be messing around with that. :wink:

And yeah, I do shower every day multiple times - I don't think people avoid me, it's probably a case of me being more self-conscious of it than anyone else.

'Try not to sweat' - apart from avoiding exhaustive exercise, it's a natural reaction, how can you really stop it?

I meant, just try not to sweat excessively. If you have a real sweating problem, there is meds for it, can't remember the name but definetely google it. See your GP, and explain the situation.
Reply 27
Original post by TWF
I meant, just try not to sweat excessively. If you have a real sweating problem, there is meds for it, can't remember the name but definetely google it. See your GP, and explain the situation.

Ah right, I see. No, no excessive sweat; like I say, I think I'm more conscious about it than anyone else.
Reply 28
Ah right, I see. No, no excessive sweat; like I say, I think I'm more conscious about it than anyone else.

So get some ****ing meds then innit.

FFS, sorry. Seriously though.:confused:
Reply 29
Original post by TWF
So get some ****ing meds then innit.

FFS, sorry. Seriously though.:confused:

I said I don't have a problem where I sweat excessively - why would I get meds for that? :confused:
winter:s-smilie: does it make you sweat excessively?
Sweat is justa bit of salt... anything else that comes along for the ride is courtesy of your diet... so I would definitely start here.

If you wash everyday just use water, If you dry your skin using soap everyday you will smell nicer for an hour or so before your sweat glands overcompensate for the dryness for the rest of the day...

If you really need a placebo effect for your worries try these guys:
http://www.greenpeople.co.uk/organic-no-scent-body-care-products.aspx
So you are allergic to it really.

Quick Reply