The Student Room Group

For people who have casual SEX

I was wondering - for people who have casual sex, do you think implementation of this idea would make things easier for you:

Condom, femidom and STI (sexually-trasmitted infections) testing kits could be stored in special dispensers placed strategically outside 'socializing venues' such as nightclubs, bars, pubs and restaurants.

If councils issued all over 16s with a special card then this card could be used in a similar manner to an Oyster card and men and women could simply place it next to the dispenser after exiting say, the nightclub and receive an adequate pack of condoms/femidoms etc. before returning to a private place to have hot, sweaty, scintillating sex. Obviously not everyone may have exact change meaning the cards are useful and presumably two very sexually excited people would not want to be waiting in a queue for too long!

This would also minimize the risk of STI transmission (I think chlamydia prevalence may be about 26% in the 16-24 age group which seems quite high) making the population more health-conscious and allowing women especially to have hotter, more guilt-free sex with hot men with hot bodies. I'm not sure how quickly STI self-testing kits can give results but realistically this appears to be the best options since it's unlikely there could be sufficient mobile health clinics open at say, 1am in the morning to profile prospective partners.

What do you think? Would you like this kind of scheme?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by effofex
hot, sweaty, scintillating sex.

Someone got a bit too into this.
Reply 2
What about tiny/huge penii??
I like the idea though - revolutionising condom machines, nice.
"...................have hotter, more guilt free sex with hot men with hot bodies" :lolwut:/:eyeball:

This is copypasta isn't it? Also clubs/pubs all sell condoms in the toilets, so there's no need to have a dispenser outside. Plus how much of a buzz kill is a 99p Primark STI testing kit, which is likely to have "use for entertainment purposes ONLY. Will not actually detect any real STIs!!!!" in small print on the back, going to be? All timewasting, fiddling and trying not to urinate on your hands whilst drunk :facepalm:

The idea is a stinker. Interesting, but a stinker all the same.
Reply 4
I don't think I'd bother. You can get condoms in most vending machines without too much problem and a lot of people have a stash that they replenish when it gets low and take condoms out with them. As for the std testing kit....I just don't get it. Are you meant to test your one night stand before you have sex? or use them for yourself? I don't think I would want to buy one of those from a vending machine either way tbh
Reply 5
I think the heat of the moment could be somewhat killed by the introduction of an sti kit haha. Also, I think you have possibly spent too much time thinking about this...lol
Reply 6
or, i could just use condoms?
all i need for that is a couple in my wallet, not exactly rocket science
Reply 7
I thought going bareback was all the rage?
If someone can't be bothered to be prepared with condoms and get themselves tested, they sure aren't going to go to the trouble of getting, registering and topping up this bizarre 'oyster card' type thing.
Generally if people want casual sex, they'll be prepared with condoms or can get them from vending machines.

If people are drunk enough or dont want to use a condom then they wont, this idea will make no difference.
Reply 10
They should staple free condoms to paychecks and benefits. If you get paid straight into a bank account then I suppose staple 30 or so condoms to your monthly bank statement.
Reply 11
Original post by missygeorgia
If someone can't be bothered to be prepared with condoms and get themselves tested, they sure aren't going to go to the trouble of getting, registering and topping up this bizarre 'oyster card' type thing.

Look, you might not know whether or not you want casual sex when you go to a club/bar/disco/theatre/ice rink etc. But then you might halfway through your night meet an incredibly hot, steamy, sexy man who you want to rip the clothes off and throw back onto your bed etc.

Hence why it makes sense to have those contraceptive and STI-testing kit dispensing machines outside (if they glowed in the dark it would make them even more visible). Not everyone plans out a schedule for when they are going to have sex, and for many people it might be very much a spontaneous thing.

If more people engaging in one-night stands and casual sex had access to such protection, STI incidence and prevalence would most probably be reduced
Reply 12
Original post by effofex
I was wondering - for people who have casual sex, do you think implementation of this idea would make things easier for you:

Condom, femidom and STI (sexually-trasmitted infections) testing kits could be stored in special dispensers placed strategically outside 'socializing venues' such as nightclubs, bars, pubs and restaurants.

If councils issued all over 16s with a special card then this card could be used in a similar manner to an Oyster card and men and women could simply place it next to the dispenser after exiting say, the nightclub and receive an adequate pack of condoms/femidoms etc. before returning to a private place to have hot, sweaty, scintillating sex. Obviously not everyone may have exact change meaning the cards are useful and presumably two very sexually excited people would not want to be waiting in a queue for too long!

This would also minimize the risk of STI transmission (I think chlamydia prevalence may be about 26% in the 16-24 age group which seems quite high) making the population more health-conscious and allowing women especially to have hotter, more guilt-free sex with hot men with hot bodies. I'm not sure how quickly STI self-testing kits can give results but realistically this appears to be the best options since it's unlikely there could be sufficient mobile health clinics open at say, 1am in the morning to profile prospective partners.

What do you think? Would you like this kind of scheme?

I think this is marvellous idea; and then next to these dispensers you could have a gun dispenser so whomever is helping themselves to these condoms for casual 'hot, sweaty, scintillating' sex, can be shot and do society, and the human race at large, a favour.
Original post by effofex
Look, you might not know whether or not you want casual sex when you go to a club/bar/disco/theatre/ice rink etc. But then you might halfway through your night meet an incredibly hot, steamy, sexy man who you want to rip the clothes off and throw back onto your bed etc.

Hence why it makes sense to have those contraceptive and STI-testing kit dispensing machines outside (if they glowed in the dark it would make them even more visible). Not everyone plans out a schedule for when they are going to have sex, and for many people it might be very much a spontaneous thing.

If more people engaging in one-night stands and casual sex had access to such protection, STI incidence and prevalence would most probably be reduced

Sure, you never know when you're going to have a one night stand. But if you do it that often, you'll be prepared with a condom. If someone is so unprepared they don't have a condom in their purse, why on earth do you think they'll be prepared enough to have a sex oyster card?
and for the above reason, your idea is a little bit ****.
Buying some condoms from Boots and putting one in your wallet seems a lot easier than registering for a 'sex oyster card' lol

...as if the problem holding back widespread contraception use was lack of contactless smart card technology :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by missygeorgia
Sure, you never know when you're going to have a one night stand. But if you do it that often, you'll be prepared with a condom. If someone is so unprepared they don't have a condom in their purse, why on earth do you think they'll be prepared enough to have a sex oyster card?

Presumably you can't know whether or not you will have a one-night stand because it would depend if you meet men you find hot enough for you to want to have sex with on that night.

When most people go out they tend to have their wallet/driving licence/Oyster card on them so it wouldn't be too much of an extrapolation. Of course you could just allow people to pay using notes/coins/credit/debit cards but people may be drunk and may disclose their pin numbers etc. which might put them at risk.

Don't you think it would be preferable for those contraceptive-dispensing machines to be placed outside (i.e. in full view of clubbers etc.) so that condom/femidom use by the UK population would increase? - such that the risk of STI transmission would be reduced. Not only that, but many people could have thrilling, fulfilling and satisfying sex without being gripped with fear the next morning over the possibility they may have contracted an STD.
Reply 17
Original post by Bubbles0ox
Generally if people want casual sex, they'll be prepared with condoms or can get them from vending machines.

If people are drunk enough or dont want to use a condom then they wont, this idea will make no difference.

If you were going out one night, would you know for sure whether or not you would be having casual sex that night? Many people simply may not be prepared - and this scheme would cater for that.

Even if they were intoxicated, what would be the excuse for not using a condom and a femidom if these contraceptives were readily availalbe - i.e. directly in front of them. The cards could be used indefinitely, with payment collected later by sending an invoice to the address at which the user is registered.
Reply 18
xxxx
(edited 11 years ago)
What if you want to have cold sex with men with cold bodies?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending