The Student Room Group

Charity collector slapped me, if I prosecute, what happens to her?

I was walking down a high-street when a girl, can't have been older than 20, comes up to me with an RSPB bucket. She says "Excuse me sir, could I trouble you for a donation?" I say; "No sorry, I don't believe in charity", so then she gasps, gets a look on her face as if I just kicked her dog and SLAPS me!

Can you believe this, what happens when I prosecute, fine? House arrest? Short jail sentence?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
unless you've got eye witnesses there's no proper evidence :smile:
Reply 2
A medal.
Reply 3
Original post by Snaiv
I was walking down a high-street when a girl, can't have been older than 20, comes up to me with an RSPB bucket. She says "Excuse me sir, could I trouble you for a donation?" I say; "No sorry, I don't believe in charity", so then she gasps, gets a look on her face as if I just kicked her dog and SLAPS me!

Can you believe this, what happens when I prosecute, fine? House arrest? Short jail sentence?

Nothing probably, what happened after the slap?
Reply 4
Original post by Pawsies
unless you've got eye witnesses there's no proper evidence :smile:

Oh damn, but it was the high-street, if I go to the police they can appeal for witnesses can't they?
Reply 5
Original post by Alexr115
Nothing probably, what happened after the slap?

I walked away, I was dumbfounded
Reply 6
Honestly, does it matter? What she did was obviously wrong - you're entitled to your beliefs, but I'm sure you can deal with it, there are worse things going on in the world.
Don't know, I've only ever done it the other way around.

Spoiler

Reply 8
About the witness thing, if it was in a high street I'd assume there would be CCTV cameras.
Reply 9
Original post by Snaiv
I walked away, I was dumbfounded

:biggrin:

troll....
Reply 10
MAN UP.
Reply 11
Original post by Alexr115
:biggrin:

troll....

How does that make me a troll? In hindsight I would have done something about it, but I was just too shocked to think clearly.
Original post by Snaiv

Report her for battery.
Reply 13
A bit aggressive for a bird charity :confused:

She would probably get a ticking off from the police if you could get witnesses, who in turn would be annoyed at you for killing birds and taking up their time.
Reply 14
Is it really worth wasting police time with this?
they'll throw you in the slammer and slap you one more time for avoiding paying your charity! Heartless b*stard!!
Reply 16
I would've smacked the stupid whore back!

Although if I was you I would've just said I don't have any change.... Makes things slightly easier. I mean, i'm basically a charity myself.
Reply 17
Original post by Snaiv

She'd probably get life for GBH.
Reply 18
How can she slap
Reply 19
Hahahahahahahhaa

Quick Reply

Latest