The Student Room Group

hello sexxxiii wanna hook up 2nite??? ;) - the demise of gentlemen

folk

im appalled at the lack of gentlemenliness in todays society.

im a classy gal, all my skirts are below knee length and im always fairly covered, never drunk (teetotal) and virginal. however, this is the third time i have met a dude in a party/bookstore/trainstation and had an intelligent conversation which resulted in him inviting me for dinner.

on all occasions, the dude texts me something like 'hi sexxiii whatcha doin??wanna hang tom nite lolzz? meet 4 dinna yea?? ;-)) xox'. since when does a gentleman ask a lady if she 'wana hang'? since when do you address a classy lady as 'sexxiiii!!!;-))'

another thing i have noticed is dudes are so accustomed to loose moralled gals that they expect some sort of relations on the first date. now i dont usually kiss a dude on the first couple dates, i prefer to know the person well. but some of these guys are so used to gals giving head on date 1 or 2 they come to expect it and if you dont offer it they think you dont like them.

also, even BEFORE the first date, i have had dudes trying to feel out if they will get any action to see if it is a waste of time or not. they text stff like 'lookin fwd 2 c u 2nite, u real hott bin thinkin bout u in my arms all day sexxii ;-)). if i greet u with a long slow kiss is that ok or watt??' being a classy lady, no way am i gonna snog a dude i barely know.

but most dudes think if you spot a good looking dude and he sees a hot girl, you dont need to know each other you should just start shagging since you already like the look of each other. and many gals are that way in this day and age, so alot of guys come to expect that from a gal. and when the gal is a classy lady who dresses modestly and doesnt snog random dudes or offer sex for the price of a dinner in Pizza Express, they dont know how to react and either think you dont like them or are gold-digging.

anyone else notice this? what do you do? are there any gentlemen left or only a bunch of wannabe pimps and PUAs?

EDIT: have met most of these types of men after work or walking around in my lunch hour so i have been wearing marks and spencer business suits (skirts all below the knee length, with black tights and no revealing splits) with pearl necklaces, and hair in a bun. i also carry myself in a classy way and work in tax so do not come across in a disgusting way. also these guys are also not chavs, they seem classy intelligent and educated, most have MBA or LLM and wear suits, and speak properly. it is only after the inital approach they try to go all 'street'on me
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Send these men my way, they sound like fun. :biggrin:
Lol it's true.

Romance is dead :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
They obviously all think you look like a whore. :biggrin:
Reply 4
xxx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by shinytoy
folk

im appalled at the lack of gentlemenliness in todays society.

im a classy gal, all my skirts are below knee length and im always fairly covered, never drunk (teetotal) and virginal. however, this is the third time i have met a dude in a party/bookstore/trainstation and had an intelligent conversation which resulted in him inviting me for dinner.

on all occasions, the dude texts me something like 'hi sexxiii whatcha doin??wanna hang tom nite lolzz? meet 4 dinna yea?? ;-)) xox'. since when does a gentleman ask a lady if she 'wana hang'? since when do you address a classy lady as 'sexxiiii!!!;-))'

another thing i have noticed is dudes are so accustomed to loose moralled gals that they expect some sort of relations on the first date. now i dont usually kiss a dude on the first couple dates, i prefer to know the person well. but some of these guys are so used to gals giving head on date 1 or 2 they come to expect it and if you dont offer it they think you dont like them.

also, even BEFORE the first date, i have had dudes trying to feel out if they will get any action to see if it is a waste of time or not. they text stff like 'lookin fwd 2 c u 2nite, u real hott bin thinkin bout u in my arms all day sexxii ;-)). if i greet u with a long slow kiss is that ok or watt??' being a classy lady, no way am i gonna snog a dude i barely know.

but most dudes think if you spot a good looking dude and he sees a hot girl, you dont need to know each other you should just start shagging since you already like the look of each other. and many gals are that way in this day and age, so alot of guys come to expect that from a gal. and when the gal is a classy lady who dresses modestly and doesnt snog random dudes or offer sex for the price of a dinner in Pizza Express, they dont know how to react and either think you dont like them or are gold-digging.

anyone else notice this? what do you do? are there any gentlemen left or only a bunch of wannabe pimps and PUAs?

what i say is "excuse me madam, i would be much obliged if you would do me the honour of allowing me to take you to dinner"
Reply 6
Any man that writes sexy like that, deserves a slap not pussy.
Stop talking to chavs. Problem solved
Reply 8
Original post by xnatalie01x
Lol it's true.

Romance is dead :tongue:

So's housewife-ery. Live with it
Erm, if anything this is the womens' fault for allowing themselves to be wooed this way.
Reply 10
Original post by katyness
Any man that writes sexy like that, deserves a slap not pussy.

One could say he deserves a pussy slap? :beard:
I've been a gentleman for as long as I can remember. Where's that got me with women?

****ing nowhere.
That line and gentlemen are contradictory in so many ways! they don't go together. A gentlemen wouldn't say that.
Reply 13
Original post by Beska
One could say he deserves a pussy slap? :beard:

Lol. No. Just a slap :tongue:
Reply 14
Whilst I choose to refrain from wooing girls by acting like a buffoon, if you think that I am going to go down on one knee with a monocle and top hat, kiss your hand and ask you for a dance, you can remain a virgin for life Babycakes.
Reply 15
Original post by jismith1989
They obviously all think you look like a whore. :biggrin:

you would think so wouldnt you? but let me assure you, i have met most of these types of men after work or walking around in my lunch hour. i have been wearing marks and spencer business suits (skirts all below the knee length, with black tights and no revealing splits) with pearl necklaces, and hair in a bun. so im pretty shocked that dude after dude wants to refer to me as sexxii ;-))i also carry myself in a classy way and work as a tax advisor. so i dont get it.
Reply 16
Anybody that texts like that need some serious spelling lessons. :eek:
Reply 17
Original post by Barden
Erm, if anything this is the womens' fault for allowing themselves to be wooed this way.

i cant understand it! in person the guy will usually act normal, intelligent and classy and say 'i think you're really beautiful, and i was wondering if you would like to have dinner with me sometime' so i accept. but then i get a text like THAT and i dont really know what to say.there must be girls out there that fall for it, otherwise this approach wouldnt be so prevalent amongst guys. what self respecting woman owuld allow themself to be texted in that way??
Many guys act that way because many girls respond to it. Saying that, it doesn't really represent the 'demise of the gentleman', it's just that today's gentlemen seem to prefer to keep in hiding. :ninja:
Reply 19
The guys I have met aren't anything like that :/
You hang with the wrong type of people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending