UEA
UCL
York
Aberdeen
Edinburgh
Nottingham
Loughbrough
LSE

You're probably wondering why Cambridge isn't there.
Cambridge is 12th. TVU is 11th.

What?
Reply 81
Original post by RamocitoMorales
:blah: Insane ramblings

You do really need to realise that Abderdeen isn't the best university in Scotland. I, and most sane, rational people would definitely rate Edinburgh and St Andrews high above Aberdeen, and Glasgow possibly slightly lower than those two, but still above Aberdeen. For Business/Accountsy type courses, Strathclyde whoops Aberdeen's ass, although Aberdeen is probably the better university.

Look, don't get me wrong, Aberdeen is a good university, it's a good Scottish ancient, but to say it's on par with places like Edinburgh, St Andrews, Imperial, UCL, and even Oxford as I think you tried to say earlier by posting pics of them side by side is just ludicrous. You need to get your head checked, Aberdeen's good, and you did well to get there, but it's not great, and I think it's about time you came to realise that :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by mel0n

What?

What's wrong with it? Seems pretty standard really. I mean, I guess you could replace LSE with KCL.
Original post by her
in general - reputation - employability ..

Depends on the course, but generally (which to me doesn't make any point) it would be as follows:

* Cambridge
* Oxford
* UCL
* Imperial
* St Andrews
* Bristol
* LSE
* Durham
* Bath
* Warwick
Queens University Belfast is very nice in terms of aesthetics, that should definitely be up there.

:P
Reply 85
Original post by Mann18
What's wrong with it? Seems pretty standard really. I mean, I guess you could replace LSE with KCL.

Why with KCL :s-smilie:? Lol.

UEA, Aberdeen, Loughborough... right

All have their positives but those positives do not give them a place in the top 10, imo.
UCL
Cambridge
Oxgord
Imperial
LSE
Manchester
Warwick
Bristol
Kings College London
Durham
Reply 87
Original post by mel0n
Why with KCL :s-smilie:? Lol.

UEA, Aberdeen, Loughborough... right

All have their positives but those positives do not give them a place in the top 10, imo.

You're from KCL, I had assumed you were so angry with my inclusion of your rival UCL, that my failure to include you was an oversight too far, and rather than remove any of the others, I took out the weakest one, LSE.

UEA's graduate prospects are amongst the best overall.
Aberdeen is in Scotland.
Loughborough... I know a girl who goes there, she likes it.

Enough positives for you?
Reply 88
Oxford/ Cambridge
LSE
Imperial
UCL
Warwick
St. Andrews
Durham
Edinburgh
York

Not in my opinion, that is fact.

Just realised I managed to apply to all the top non- Russell Group unis lol; how did that happen?
LSE is great for the courses they offer, but I wouldn't rank it in top ten overall.
Original post by Mann18

(9998)(9999) TVU United Kingdom
(9999)(9998) Oxford United Kingdom

I think you'll find this is somewhat more accurate.
Reply 91
Depends, Southampton usually isn't in the top 10, but it's the third best in the country for Modern Foreign Languages so it can depend by department too
Reply 92
Original post by TimmonaPortella

That ranking is a joke.
Reply 93
Original post by llpokermuffinll
Depends on the course, but generally (which to me doesn't make any point) it would be as follows:

* Cambridge
* Oxford
* UCL
* Imperial
* St Andrews
* Bristol
* LSE
* Durham
* Bath
* Warwick

How can you place UCL, St Andrews, Bristol and Bath over LSE and Warwick?

Original post by Mann18

KCL over LSE? :eek:

Honestly, TSR kids' view is a joke.
Original post by danny111
That ranking is a joke.

That's rather the point.
Reply 95
Original post by Mann18
You're from KCL, I had assumed you were so angry with my inclusion of your rival UCL, that my failure to include you was an oversight too far, and rather than remove any of the others, I took out the weakest one, LSE.

UEA's graduate prospects are amongst the best overall.
Aberdeen is in Scotland.
Loughborough... I know a girl who goes there, she likes it.

Enough positives for you?

I didn't ask for positives. What I meant was that the fact that a university may have a strength in one particular area does not automatically give it a place in the top 10. A person liking the fact that they go to a university is certainly not a criteria by which to place a university up there - yes the top 10 is subjective in many ways but that's just a load of ****. I know someone who enjoys studying at Huddersfield University - so that means Huddersfield should be in the top 10, right? :colonhash:

And tbh, I'm not bothered about the rivalry between KCL and UCL - both have their strengths in certain subjects and both are overall good. UCL is better, I'm not gonna deny, but frankly I don't really give a **** if KCL isn't in your top 10, considering how jumbled up your top 10 is anyway :teehee:
Reply 96

Rofl!
See, I knew I liked you.
Original post by LutherVan

Sorry, forgot to mention: It is in no particular order. Just the top 10.
Reply 98
That's rather the point.

I apologise then. I thought it was someone just citing yet another ranking.
Reply 99
Original post by LutherVan

And yet, I'm an adult.

Latest

Trending

Trending