The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mann18
See! This guy knows! :p:

I'm still considering suiting up (I love wearing suits so I use any excuse to wear one), but I'm meeting up with quite a few people from TSR on the day of my interview. It'll be pretty weird talking to TSR-ians whilst wearing a suit. Leaning towards smart-casual.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 521
Original post by Mann18
See! This guy knows! :p:

I sort of wish I'd have asked to stop the night before too, but as long as I get to watch the Apprentice on the Wednesday, I don't mind :p:

No-one else watches it in my house, so I've never had someone to shout at the television with about it .

Same. Can join you in watching it and shouting about it next week :tongue: you are SEH aren't you?!
Reply 522
Original post by sfriday
Same. Can join you in watching it and shouting about it next week :tongue: you are SEH aren't you?!

Yep.

Awesome, I already have an Apprentice watcher person with!

All I need now is that unconditional and it'll be the best year of my life.
Reply 523
Original post by Doughnuts!!
I'm still considering suiting up (I love wearing suits so I use any excuse to wear one), but I'm meeting up with quite a few people from TSR on the day of my interview. It'll be pretty weird talking to TSR-ians whilst wearing a suit. Leaning towards smart-casual.

I can see your dilemma.

Compromise: Wear a suit and a jumper, take the jacket off before you go see TSRians, you win.
Original post by Mann18
I can see your dilemma.

Compromise: Wear a suit and a jumper, take the jacket off before you go see TSRians, you win.

You may think that I'm joking, but I'm being 100% serious when I say...

You've got me freaking out now! :eek3:
I've never worn a suit with a jumper before and I'm not sure if it looks good. And I don't own any jumpers that go with the suits that I own, meaning that I'm going to have to buy a new jumper for the interview. Ahh crap jhsfdsdfjjdf :afraid:
Reply 525
You may think that I'm joking, but I'm being 100% serious when I say...

You've got me freaking out now! :eek3:
I've never worn a suit with a jumper before and I'm not sure if it looks good. And I don't own any jumpers that go with the suits that I own, meaning that I'm going to have to buy a new jumper for the interview. Ahh crap jhsfdsdfjjdf :afraid:

Sorry :colondollar:

You'll be estatic to know though, that jumpers go awesomely with suits. I'm wearing my grey one, because I mistakenly think I look debonaire in it when I wear my black tie.

But seriously, I look awesome :cool:

Lmao, but yeah, it's a decent look.
Original post by Mann18

You'll be estatic to know though, that jumpers go awesomely with suits. I'm wearing my grey one, because I mistakenly think I look debonaire in it when I wear my black tie.

It's all about the waistcoat. All about the waistcoat.
Original post by Mann18

I'm gonna swing by Primark tomorrow, grab a few jumpers in muted colours, try them on in my suits, take loads of pics, and then post them on this thread asking for advice on which one I should wear.

:laugh:

Spoiler

Reply 528
Original post by Cast.Iron
It's all about the waistcoat. All about the waistcoat.

"The only people who look good in waistcoats are people attending weddings and magicians."

Mark Twain.
Reply 529
I'm gonna swing by Primark tomorrow, grab a few jumpers in muted colours, try them on in my suits, take loads of pics, and then post them on this thread asking for advice on which one I should wear.

:laugh:

Spoiler

Not a bad plan, I would have done the same, but the last primark jumper I bought was itchy, so my grey one is from TK Maxx.

"Designer labels at rock bottom prices!"
Reply 530
my LNAT score was 10/42. how rubbish :frown:

(birmingham told me)
Original post by Mann18
"The only people who look good in waistcoats are people attending weddings and magicians."

Mark Twain.

I've never met Mark Twain.
Reply 532
I've never met Mark Twain.

He's a good guy.
Reply 533
Original post by nataliecly
haha niceeee :biggrin:
i got rejected by Cambridge too because they said my application was incomplete (no idea what are they talking about!:angry:)

anyways congrats and hopefully we will see each other! :smile:
what are the other unis that you are applying to as well?

in UK I'm still waiting on King's, LSE, and Oxford. I assume my King's and Oxford app is dead because my LNAT was terrible.
and I'm applying to a couple of schools in the US and Canada,
Original post by Mann18
He's a good guy.

Using my powers of reasoning and deduction, I have concluded that you are either a particularly mature student, or that you've been re-applying for a long time.
Original post by Mann18
Not a bad plan, I would have done the same, but the last primark jumper I bought was itchy, so my grey one is from TK Maxx.

"Designer labels at rock bottom prices!"

You have a point...
I shall swing by TKMaxx THEN Primark!

Original post by calannra
my LNAT score was 10/42. how rubbish :frown:

(birmingham told me)

:hugs:
Reply 536
Using my powers of reasoning and deduction, I have concluded that you are either a particularly mature student, or that you've been re-applying for a long time.

Your powers have failed you my child.

You see, I was lying all along! I've never met him! He's been dead for ages! You silly person!

/sarcasm

But yeah, not a fan of the waistcoat personally. I assume it looks good on you though if you're pushing it so hard :p:
Reply 537
jw if we can leave this to an offer thread and discuss on the discussion thread, I just want to see what offers have been given out today and they are hard to find.

Sorryyyy to winge
Reply 538
You have a point...
I shall swing by TKMaxx THEN Primark!

You know it makes sense.
Original post by Mann18
Your powers have failed you my child.

You see, I was lying all along! I've never met him! He's been dead for ages! You silly person!

/sarcasm

But yeah, not a fan of the waistcoat personally. I assume it looks good on you though if you're pushing it so hard :p:

Blast!

Well, it looks better on me than a jumper :smile:. I think I may just go with the waistcoat-less suit though because the other is getting a bit tatty/small.

Latest

Trending

Trending