The Student Room Group

Im growing spots

Before my face was beautifully clear and that time I did not care of how I looked, but now im growing up im caring because it comes to you that you have to make yourself pretty, I dont know why but you do!

Then all of a sudden under my eye's I have been seeing spots coming recently, people call it teenager spots etc.

They are growing small, but a tiny bit noticebale, I want them to go! How should I?

Thanks.:rolleyes:
How old are you?

Pretty sure every teenager gets spots at some point, usually soon after they've started puberty.

Invest in some cream or something if you're that bothered, don't worry too much though since most others your age will have the same problem. In fact expect **** to get gradually worse over the years until around 16-18, if you're anything like I was.
"a tiny bit noticeable", lol

and yes, like rogerbiboy said, 16-18 for males can get really bad, when i was 16-18 i had extremely bad acne, but through roaccutane and aloe vera, only minor scaring remains :smile:
Dependant on how old you are, expect them to get worse. I've had spots for almost half of my life (first got them when I was about 10/11, I'm going to be 20 in a few weeks. Granted, my skin's cleared up a lot since I first got them), you learn to live with them after a while.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Congratulations.
You have reached puberty.
Reply 5
Ill use cream...
Reply 6
Pubes should follow.
Reply 7
Say hello to puberty.
high concentration aloe vera moistureiser, i have a 98% concentrate one, and i find aloe vera is excellant for acne, it won't necessarily make them go away during your teenage life, but it'll certainly clear them up much faster, it's also great for healing wounds, so it will make sure you dont get scarred from acne either... & if you look into it, there's loads of stuff in aloe vera thats really healthy for your skin, and it has natural anti bacterial stuff in it, that in general helps keep your skin clean from acne causing bacteria
Reply 9
Toothpaste. Put it on them at night. An old wives tale, but it really works. :biggrin: I've been lucky and I have naturally good skin, but if I ever get the odd pimple, I put toothpaste on it and it dries it up within 1-2 days.
Original post by Anonymous
Ill use cream...

im not saying DONT DO IT or anything, im just telling you, when i started using all these harsh artifial creams on my face, my acne worsened A LOT.
Reply 11
Tea tree oil products help to open the pores in my experience. Wash the face twice a day (or more of necessary) use tissues to dab any excess grease during the day/ use face wipes, and a decent moisturiser.
Don't stress about them, having spots doesn't make you dirty or otherwise repulsive.
Reply 12
The battle is long and hard. At times you'll feel like you want to die, but I say to you: Never give up! Keep on posting on 'The Student Room' about how embarassed you are about them, keep on looking online at some weird methods for that is what keeps the hope inside your heart. Hope that one day, the spots will simply give up and retreat.

Yeah, it's callled puberty. Expect more spots to follow for the next 4 or 5 years if you're lucky, or the next 8 or 9 years if you're unlucky.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending