The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by sharn0065
Oh good! I got mine on the 23rd November, yet to hear from them, but I'm guessing as yours was in for longer you got your offer first. Is that the College you applied for (I've applied to University)?

Yes, definitely thought i was going to be rejected :')
University is stunning! Hope you get innnn
Reply 321
Have many had offers from Durham for Economics L100. I had it marked as a banker offer but still haven't heard back from it. I already have a conditional offer form UCL for economics without interview, which confirms my personal statement and references must be up to scratch. I have 9A* at GCSE and predicted 3A* at A level in Economics (AS 94%), Maths (AS 97%) and geography (AS 100%) with an A at AS Further Maths...Seems strange with people gaining offers form Durham in this thread with D's at GCSE.
Original post by econdon

Original post by econdon
Just got a Birmingham offer AAB!!

Nice one! Email or track? or a letter??
Original post by ckelly674
Seems strange with people gaining offers form Durham in this thread with D's at GCSE.

Maybe a little infrequent, but a truly good personal statement and AS grades will usually make up for a (relatively small) loss in GCSE grades. It's not like they were getting 5Bs and 5Ds... Dx
Reply 324
Original post by econdon

nice one :smile:, im still waiting though its one of my top choices. probably wont hear for a while though because my school only sent it off on the 15th. When did you apply?
Reply 325
just got oxford interview for e&m at hertford :smile:
What do you guys think is the last date by which Oxford would reply as it is getting perilously close to the interview dates!! :frown:
Original post by bandy09
just got oxford interview for e&m at hertford :smile:

Me too! :woo:

Original post by shubham_ag
What do you guys think is the last date by which Oxford would reply as it is getting perilously close to the interview dates!! :frown:

About a week before the date. Which college did you apply to? And have you heard back from the other universities?
Original post by asdfg0987

About a week before the date. Which college did you apply to? And have you heard back from the other universities?

I didn't receive an UCAS offer from any yet.

But I heard from UCL yesterday. Since my qualifications are non standard, they asked me to mail them a syllabus of the topics I would be covering under Maths in my first year of study at Delhi University !! Don't know what that means though!! :confused:

And I have applied to St.Peter's college for E&M. You know the interview dates there ??
Original post by asdfg0987

So, do you plan to go all they way from Auckland to Oxford for the interview.!! :eek:
Reply 330
Course: Economics L100
University: University of Birmingham
Offer: AAB from any 3 of my subjects
Reaction: My second offer. Very nice :smile: but it takes sooo long, nearly 2 months since I sent my UCAS
Reply 331
GL100 ( Mathematics and Economics )
University of York
AAB
Including A in Math
Received via track
Yahooooo
Reply 332
Original post by econdon

Original post by anne9
Reaction: My second offer. Very nice :smile: but it takes sooo long, nearly 2 months since I sent my UCAS

haha i got it today as well :smile: quite happy though it's my insurance
Original post by cat.chan

I sent mine off 14th of October and Ive had no response yet :s-smilie: .
Original post by anne9

Original post by cat.chan

Nice one guys! Via track may i ask??
Reply 335
Leicester Economics ABB :smile:, when I saw that track had updated, hoped that it was Birmingham. Shame it was my 5th choice but glad to have an offer.
Original post by Wezzler
Leicester Economics ABB :smile:, when I saw that track had updated, hoped that it was Birmingham. Shame it was my 5th choice but glad to have an offer.

Have you applied for the BA or BSc?
Reply 337
Original post by Ramin Gorji
I sent mine off 14th of October and Ive had no response yet :s-smilie: .

Don't worry! It'll come soon!! good luck :smile:
Reply 338
Original post by Laura-alice26
Have you applied for the BA or BSc?

Bsc.
Reply 339
Original post by The Young Economist
Nice one guys! Via track may i ask??

yea via track!

Latest

Trending

Trending