The Student Room Group

Has your school closed for snow?

Scroll to see replies

Nope. Not even a millimetre of snow round here. I'm glad about that though.
Nope. The South always fail.
Reply 82
Original post by emma363
Haha i know what you mean about some teachers!
In year 9 I was messing about with my phone (though got told to put it away twice respectively) and took a picture of someone (y'know as you do pratting around) and he told the teacher who then called oncall and then I had the deputy head telling me i could get excluded from school because it's a violation taking pictures of people in school without their permission :lol:
whereas other teacher wouldn't take any notice

Yeah it's bs D;.
Some teachers are just so power-hungry );.
EMZ=]
Reply 83

Original post by Emor
Yeah it's bs D;.
Some teachers are just so power-hungry );.
EMZ=]

yup :/
I don't think i've ever seen as much snow as there is now, i'm concerned i'm gonna be off school for like a week :L
Reply 84
Original post by emma363
yup :/
I don't think i've ever seen as much snow as there is now, i'm concerned i'm gonna be off school for like a week :L

Hardly any snow for me :P. Though why you'd be concerned about being off school for a week idk LOL. Jk, exams, etc. but they'll be cancelled anyway if the school's closed ^_^.
EMZ=]
Reply 85
Yep. It's been closed for the past two days now.
I'm torn between enjoying all the free time and actually wanting to pass my A Levels :/
Our uni isn't closed- but they're letting people stay off if they can't go in. Looking at the weather, I shouldn't have gone in today really, but will go in tomorrow if it doesn't snow again.
Original post by TheDannyManCan
Yep, pretty much the same! The college says that, despite the snow, it will remain open. My mum drove past a car half buried in a hedge half way down a hill this morning, and heavy snow is forcast for last.

...And I feel like crap anyway, so I don't feel that bad about not going in :P

That's like, exactly what our college said :O and strangely enough, there was a car that ended up in a hedge here too...ok make that one in a hedge and then into a tree just a bit later and 2 crashes (funnily enough, all done by people i know :L)

haha no reason to feel bad then? i just went in for the snowball fights...:colone:
hey sliding round those corners in the car was well fun, it felt like we were rallying
Original post by lordromanov
hey sliding round those corners in the car was well fun, it felt like we were rallying

well yeah, bit like a swedish rally in the ice and snow but hitting a tree or something. i dunno :colone:
Reply 90
Nope!
Its my school's entrance exam tomorrow as well so it's defo not gna be closed :'(
Original post by BrokenWarrior92
well yeah, bit like a swedish rally in the ice and snow but hitting a tree or something. i dunno :colone:

well i wasn't there for the crash
also its strange to be rallying in a front-wheel-drive peugeot thats like 15 years old...
Reply 92
Yes it has, well yes it had to be more accurate. But to be fair even if it hadn't shut I doubt I'd have got there, and If I had got there odds are I'd probably end up being stranded there.
well i wasn't there for the crash
also its strange to be rallying in a front-wheel-drive peugeot thats like 15 years old...

That's alright then, not all bad. yeah, good point it'd be a bit outdated by now to do rally in, not to mention it's FWD like you said (does that make much of a difference?) :s-smilie:
Reply 94
No even though on the local bbc radio it said my town was gridlocked with blizzard conditions and then half the teachers were away so I only had two lessons. But its meant to snow more tonight and has been continually snowing since I came home so I will have to see what tomorrow brings. I kind of need a day off to do my history coursework but then again I've got archaeology tomorrow and I need to talk about what to do about my coursework (more like rant and moan) because I can't make the walls if the ground is frozen and covered in snow.
That's alright then, not all bad. yeah, good point it'd be a bit outdated by now to do rally in, not to mention it's FWD like you said (does that make much of a difference?) :s-smilie:

well lets just say the crash wouldn't have happened probably if it was four-wheel-drive
Original post by Gemma :)!
Our uni isn't closed- but they're letting people stay off if they can't go in. Looking at the weather, I shouldn't have gone in today really, but will go in tomorrow if it doesn't snow again.

That's a pretty good thing to do letting peeps stay off if they can't make it...much better than what they do with college :P Well at least you're doing something and not just staying in all day :smile:
well lets just say the crash wouldn't have happened probably if it was four-wheel-drive

suppose it depends on if it was erratic driving or driver error then
suppose it depends on if it was erratic driving or driver error then

both. doing 40 on a snowy road isn't the best of ideas
Original post by Ice_Queen
I definitely do not remember the library closing last year :s-smilie:

When I was in first year, January or February 2009, the library closed early, me and a few coursemates were about to go in, and there was a sign on the glass doors at the front saying 'the library has closed early due to adverse weather conditions'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending