The Student Room Group

women, what would be the age you would expect to have first and last kids, ideally ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by evantej
I disagree with you. The government disagrees with you. Society disagrees with you. History disagrees with you. But you know what? I clearly do not know your background so I must be wrong, right?

- Your opinion means diddly squat.
- Oh yeah, I remember that time they made the list of requirements to be working class or not.
- Actually, with the amount of whinging about a 3 year party and then going to work in McDonalds anyway, I doubt it.
- Lol, times change.

Yes, you are wrong.

Your second paragraph is nonsense; the thread is about a parenting issue you cretin.

Aw, didn't understand? Bless...basically, you don't know anything more about parenting than any other non-parent. And stay classy*, btw. :awesome:

(* which you'll like. Your frustration just reveals that this is far more about you than it is about me. Obviously the university = middle-class thing is for your benefit, so okay. You are middle-class, dear. Now doesn't that make you feel good? :])
Original post by evantej
You are not working class.

Actually I think the people who disagree with you firstly have a slightly different definition of working class than you do (your definition of working class seems to be those earning near minimum wage, and without any education higher than GCSEs.) :tongue:

From your definition it's not yet clear whether or not an unemployed graduate in Traditional Art on benefits would be considered working class or not. Some (economists) would say so.

Secondly, it's probably that your view might seem either a bit outdated or have a pessimistic view on society in that a) working class cannot get a good education; c) working class do not want a good education; c) people do not change.

Also, depending on what subject you study, ie. Economics vs Sociology vs History, definitions of each class may be different yet be correct simultaneously.

Original post by evantej
The people who have disagreed with me all have two things in common: they claim that they are working class because their parents are

You practically stated working class children are working class because of their parents o.O

Original post by evantej
[Is working class] because she almost certainly was not considering [education] in the first place; her parents did not go, they have no aspirations for her to go and they do not see that she is negatively affecting her future earning potential
Reply 82
I had my first child a month before my 24th birthday and my second one ( and last) at 26. Personally I think I am now too old to have anymore ( I'm 38), not that I want anymore anyway.

My Mum had me when she was 32 and my brother when she was almost 34.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by evantej
The people who have disagreed with me all have two things in common: they claim that they are working class because their parents are, and they all attend university.

You are wrong again. I'm school leaver and I should be considered to be from a middle class, since my family is.
Reply 84
Original post by psychocustard
27ish until I was around 35?

I'd like to have rid of the buggers by the time I retire, at least!

i'm a guy, but this.
Original post by Chillaxer
A lot of women are saying that, but why is career so important? (just wondered cos I work to live not vice versa)

Well by the time I've finished uni and training I'll be 30.. which is a down side to doing medicine if you want kids before you're 30! Ah well.. c'est la vie :smile:
Original post by ScottishShortiex
:ditto: I want to do medicine too :smile:

You gain some, you lose some :tongue:

and good luck! :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by shinytoy
out of interest, what age would YOU like to marry?

what is your ideal dating age range? do you go for fertile 24 y/o's?

in my experience, most people's peers are a similar age to themself, and most dudes age 18-35 just wana sleep around and play Xbox. only after 35 do men mature and want to settle down, marry and babies. women are forced to wait longer sine their equal aged peers are too pathetic and immature to commit to a real relationship with a future.

im 25 and generally date dudes 33+, but ideally would have married age 22 or so (no sex before marriage)

You see, that's what's so interesting, according to the biology I should be attracted to younger women, (and as I say most women seem to prefer it that way round) but I've always really fancied women in their 30's(mid /late etc), even when I was younger(teens, twenties) and now. All my sexual longings were directed towards this and not women my age I could be settling with in future and having a kid. I obviously don't see women without kids as biological failures or unattractive as I have fancied quite a few. I don't know if when I am that age I'll fancy even older women, I do sometimes, but as partner or flirting matierial I usually am into older women, dunno why, because biology and science tells me how I should want to be a provider, give them kids etc, maybe I just am not a big kids person.
I can like a younger women if she's quite tough, savvy, and serious beyond her years though, that type would break the trend.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 88
Original post by evantej
The people who have disagreed with me all have two things in common: they claim that they are working class because their parents are, and they all attend university.

The first is an illogical and ridiculous suggestion (if my mother was racist does that make me racist?). It would be laughable if were not so tragic; class-consciousness running backwards. .

What's tragic specifically?
Reply 89
Original post by wolfspirit
Well by the time I've finished uni and training I'll be 30.. which is a down side to doing medicine if you want kids before you're 30! Ah well.. c'est la vie :smile:

~But then you have to work...
Reply 90
First- 23
Last- 31

I don't want to be an old mum. Although I'm doubting the likelihood of someone putting a baby in me anytime soon.
Original post by Chillaxer
~But then you have to work...

Part-time doctor while my hubby works till my baby is old enough for school? :wink: :smile:
Well prior to having children I'd have said maybe 27-33 or thereabouts

BUT

I actually had one at 21, one at 23, and one at 25, and I'm done now; I don't want any more.

My husband was 28, 30, and 32 when our children were born.
Ideally around 25 for my first. I am 21 at the moment and just found out I am pregnant. so Looks like I will be 22 when I have my first :s-smilie:
Original post by fattyinneed

looooooooooool!
My mum was married at 17 had me at 18, had my sister at 22, had my other sister at 30. now my mum is 36 and my dad forty. Still happily married, have no idea why their not sick of each other yet.
umm, first kid maybe at 23?
and last, 35ish. :smile:
Married: 23-25
First: 25-26
Last: 29-30
I'd like two or three pretty close together. If I were to have a fourth, I'd probably adopt.
Just for the record, my mom had me at 26 and my sister at 28. I love that my parents are still pretty young, and I want that for my kids!
Original post by wolfspirit
You gain some, you lose some :tongue:

and good luck! :smile:

Reply 99
Would you ever have, or do any of you have, lot's of kids(lot's is 3 plus by my reckoning) whilst only having modest sums of money? I ask because I may want to do this, and it seems that love and family outweighs money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending