Just received a rejection for Politics =[
gutted, Durham was my first choice...
:frown:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by playxsailxliv
37 with 777 is absolutely absurd. What courses are you doing and what have you applied for? I do IB and my offer is for languages but it's only 36 with 6 in HL French.

It's Nat Sci, but my UCAS referee called the director of studies and convinced him to change it to 36 with 666. Yay :smile:
Reply 1382
Original post by Crimsonchilli

Yeh. Me too. Predicted A*A*A. Wot's goin on?

Rejected as well. Also gutted
Original post by bob93

Original post by bob93

Buuuut - I have heard some pretty grim things about Durham. Apparently lots of people who are at the top of their game are being rejected, Makes you wonder if they actually want students! Feeling a bit pissed at them as I was predicted A*AA, and got 10A* for GCSE. What are they looking for?

Rejected as well. Also gutted
Reply 1386
Original post by bob93

Rejected for politics and sociology! Bit annoyed tbh because im predicted A*AA and its only ABB for that course :frown:
Original post by potatonater
Ah cool :smile: - Durham your favourite? - So much less stress when you've finished them all lol - well apart from getting the offer in the first place :/

Durham or Nottingham I think, but I would really like to hear back from them! Whats your favourite ? I bet it is, atleast you know you will get the grades, I could fail everything in the end and the offers would mean nothing, and I am sure you will be fine (: x
Oh my..this forum is beginning to scare me :/ I still haven't heard back, but with so many brilliant candidates getting rejections I really don't feel there's much hope for me :/
Reply 1389
Hi, applying for MNat. Sci.. anyone else applying for this? I think I'm going for Earth Sciences opposed to Maths. Anyone got any offers? And do you think I won't get in because I haven't sent it off yet? It'll be sent off this week... worried!
Reply 1390
Original post by katey_doodles
Oh my..this forum is beginning to scare me :/ I still haven't heard back, but with so many brilliant candidates getting rejections I really don't feel there's much hope for me :/

Same :s-smilie:
I'm sure you'll be fine though!
Also rejected for Politics...achieved A*A*A already in my A levels. 100% gutted - Durham was my first choice after Cambridge (which, lets be honest, is pretty unlikely) and I've already been rejected by Bristol. Which means I'm going to end up at York who have already given me an offer or Exeter. Which is fine but...
Original post by sentiment
Also rejected for Politics...achieved A*A*A already in my A levels. 100% gutted - Durham was my first choice after Cambridge (which, lets be honest, is pretty unlikely) and I've already been rejected by Bristol. Which means I'm going to end up at York who have already given me an offer or Exeter. Which is fine but...

Also, I intend to email tomorrow and ask for a proper response about why we are being rejected. I have friends who got offers last year for the same course with the same grades as me (one missed her offer and got AAB) so is it just this year or what? I seriously don't understand what else we're supposed to be able to do..
Reply 1393
Has anyone heard anything from English or Cuth's...?
Getting worried with all these rejections been handed out
:/
Original post by Bubbles93
Has anyone heard anything from English or Cuth's...?
Getting worried with all these rejections been handed out
:/

Hey
I applied on 19th October for English and aint been rejected yet, so hoping I am on a maybe pile. I know English have been rejecting though (well from what some posters have said on forums) so Im thinking no news is good news, unless they do a big cull soon. Politics have seems to have done alot of rejecting today. :frown:
Original post by katey_doodles

I totally agree with you! So so scared. What have you aplied for?
Reply 1396
Original post by moomin-matt
Hey
I applied on 19th October for English and aint been rejected yet, so hoping I am on a maybe pile. I know English have been rejecting though (well from what some posters have said on forums) so Im thinking no news is good news, unless they do a big cull soon. Politics have seems to have done alot of rejecting today. :frown:

I'm thinking I might be on the maybe pile too, mainly due to my AS grades
Keep checking track and aes everyday even though I don't think they'll reply with an offer until at least January
Original post by sentiment

Wow! I'm genuinely surprised. Unless your PS was ****, which I imagine it wasn't...I can't see why they (Bristol as well for that matter) would reject you. You've got everything and the right subjects. Did Bristol provide you with feedback?
Original post by Bubbles93
I'm thinking I might be on the maybe pile too, mainly due to my AS grades
Keep checking track and aes everyday even though I don't think they'll reply with an offer until at least January

im constantly checking aes haha. im hoping because im (only just) a mature student, with not amazing grades (but with circumstances) they might offer me an interview (they sometimes interview mature students). i think thats the best i can hope for realisticly, they aint gonna give me an offer with my grades, unless my ps and reference were amazing which i know they aint. haha. id rather they rejected me now than in february
Original post by kay_mart1
I totally agree with you! So so scared. What have you aplied for?

Ahhh it's scary :/ though I sent my UCAS on the 14th October and I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm hoping this means I'm a maybe..boohoo I'm so nervous! :frown: :s-smilie:
I've applied for Modern Languages at St. Chad's..and yourself?

Latest