The Student Room Group

anyone else studying A2 english lit/lang and having to write a transformation ?

oo the joys? aha
anyone else?
Reply 1
I have to write one for AS-Level Welsh. I'm transforming a short story into a script. Quite difficult since for half the story there's just one character on his own and his stream of conciousness That's going to be pretty hard to convert to dialogue, unless I make him talk to himself of something, ahaha.

What're you transforming?
I'll have to write another one for Eng. Lit. next year and I'm already not looking forward to it. :s
I am :smile: just finished my first transformation and commentary. Now onto the next...
Reply 3
Meeeeeee :biggrin:

I need to have it written by the end of the week :redface:
Reply 4
Original post by DellaLouise
I am :smile: just finished my first transformation and commentary. Now onto the next...

oo.. what did you do your transformation on ? which book or poem or etc .. aha
into what genre?
do you feel it went well :smile:
have you planned your ideas for the next :smile: ?? x
Reply 5
Original post by Captain92
Meeeeeee :biggrin:

I need to have it written by the end of the week :redface:

ooo
have you got any ideas on what you want to do it on !
do you know what genre and new insight you are going to give aha? :smile: x
Reply 6
Original post by Dusty12
I have to write one for AS-Level Welsh. I'm transforming a short story into a script. Quite difficult since for half the story there's just one character on his own and his stream of conciousness That's going to be pretty hard to convert to dialogue, unless I make him talk to himself of something, ahaha.

What're you transforming?
I'll have to write another one for Eng. Lit. next year and I'm already not looking forward to it. :s

i was thinking of posssibly doing the great gatsby?
but a bit stumped on what i could do to it and what new insight i could give .. :Z aha
ahhh heeelpp meeee lol x
Reply 7
My sister did Lit/Lang last year and transformed Pride and Prejudice into a Buffy the Vampire slayer episode (written script) and ended up getting an A! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by panzy
ooo
have you got any ideas on what you want to do it on !
do you know what genre and new insight you are going to give aha? :smile: x

I know that I'm doing it on The Merchant's Tale, but no other ideas after that lol.
I'm one of those types that leaves it to the last minute then scrawls something semi-decent out.
I'll keep the thread updated on my progress :redface:
Reply 9
Original post by panzy
i was thinking of posssibly doing the great gatsby?
but a bit stumped on what i could do to it and what new insight i could give .. :Z aha
ahhh heeelpp meeee lol x

Ah, I like The Great Gatsby. I'm not sure though. My first thought would be a script/drama or a series of letters.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do anyway.:smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Wedgely
My sister did Lit/Lang last year and transformed Pride and Prejudice into a Buffy the Vampire slayer episode (written script) and ended up getting an A! :smile:

oo i thought about doing pride and prejudice!
but my teachre advised us not too as so many people do it and i may not get a good grade!
that sounds like such an awesome idea though :smile:
must have been good
have you read it?!?
is it online anywhere ? :smile:
x
Reply 11
Original post by Captain92
I know that I'm doing it on The Merchant's Tale, but no other ideas after that lol.
I'm one of those types that leaves it to the last minute then scrawls something semi-decent out.
I'll keep the thread updated on my progress :redface:

story of my life .. last minute aha!
oo hopefully you will have snow days and be able to do it then :smile: x
Original post by panzy
oo.. what did you do your transformation on ? which book or poem or etc .. aha
into what genre?
do you feel it went well :smile:
have you planned your ideas for the next :smile: ?? x

I turned the poem Before You Were Mine by Carol Anne Duffy into a magazine article about how motherhood changes a persons life :smile:
Its alright :s-smilie: may change a bit of it before final deadline
I'm thinking about doing a script for my next transformation couldn't be bothered to do a story or something hard :smile: thinking of transforming the beginning of jane eyre but still not sure
me

I am combining Othello and The millers Tale into 8 modern day letters and a commentary I handed it in today !!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending