The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

xbox Live

It was working absolutely fine up until a few weeks ago. Then I downloaded the system update. Since then, or around about then, I keep getting an error message when signing into Live saying many features are unavailable (which is a massive nuisance, and now think it's my 360 rather than MS being morons).

Anyone else having issues with Live atm? Anyone know the solution?
Reply 1
Mines fine, I love the update too.
I'd contact them through a phone call, saves time emailing etc.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Is this a matter only for Lancaster University students? Easiest solution would be to remove the hard-drive on startup and install all updates or cancel them then restart over again.
Reply 3
Original post by Sheepmaster317
It was working absolutely fine up until a few weeks ago. Then I downloaded the system update. Since then, or around about then, I keep getting an error message when signing into Live saying many features are unavailable (which is a massive nuisance, and now think it's my 360 rather than MS being morons).

Anyone else having issues with Live atm? Anyone know the solution?

Mines still working fine.

EA still refuses to work though.
Original post by TPS.
Mines fine, I love the update too.
I'd contact them through a phone call, saves time emailing etc.

Contact who, ISS or Microsoft?

Original post by F i s
Is this a matter only for Lancaster University students? Easiest solution would be to remove the hard-drive on startup and install all updates or cancel them then restart over again.

Sounds complicated to me (to me, anyway), but if nothing improves then I might have to :frown:
Tried uninstalling the Zune update, which I think was part of the problem. I've gone back to reinstall it but now I can't, as I have "connection issues". What a load of...
Reply 6
You could try both microsoft and ISS. They should be freephone right?
Got it (almost) back to working normally :smile:

Still can't get the Zune services to work however. They're constantly "temporarily unavailable". Could be strict NAT settings perhaps?

Can anyone else get the Zune music/video sections to work?
Reply 8
lol
Reply 9
do an xbox live test on your console as it sounds like it could be NAT settings, i had similar problems on my home router which was always the NAT
It could be it.

I made some progress by finding a solution; accepting the T&C on the Zune site. I can access the video and music marketplaces, but nothing really loads on them.

*sigh* I'll have a look at the NAT situation in a minute :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by Sheepmaster317
It could be it.

I made some progress by finding a solution; accepting the T&C on the Zune site. I can access the video and music marketplaces, but nothing really loads on them.

*sigh* I'll have a look at the NAT situation in a minute :tongue:

if it is the NAT, you cant do anything about it.
Reply 12
Original post by J1mjam
if it is the NAT, you cant do anything about it.

What he said. Unfortunately Strict NAT is the best we can do on ResNet, due to the sheer number of devices on the network, so anything that needs more than Strict NAT to function you're out of luck on at the moment. We're always looking at ways of improving the service and we do have various ideas to sort this, but they're the kind of ideas that will result in a years worth of preparation work and several hundred grands worth of new equipment being bought, so it's unlikely to happen this year...
Reply 13
Original post by Carr0t
What he said. Unfortunately Strict NAT is the best we can do on ResNet, due to the sheer number of devices on the network, so anything that needs more than Strict NAT to function you're out of luck on at the moment. We're always looking at ways of improving the service and we do have various ideas to sort this, but they're the kind of ideas that will result in a years worth of preparation work and several hundred grands worth of new equipment being bought, so it's unlikely to happen this year...

also, im not sure if this will help this particular case. but me and my friend could not connect on a game. but i talked him through how to put his ps3 into his DMZ and we could connect. strict NAT will still work as long the other end is completely wide open. imagine a strict NAT as a camoflagued sniper and an open NAT as a guy in a clown suit :wink:. if neither can see each other than cant communicate.
Reply 14

Perhaps the solution is to ask your mum to stop sitting on it. No wonder it's flat as a pancake :rofl:
Reply 15
Original post by Carr0t

=[ I hate the strict NAT, when I play call of duty the only way to join a game is by going to my recently played list, finding someone who is playing call of duty online in a joinable session (ie; a server which isn't full) and press "join session in progress", of course this means I don't get to choose my game type, i just have to play whatever the person I joined is playing, and more often then not I am placed into a losing team (makes sense - either the team is getting their ass kick already, so a player leaves and I take their spot, or the team is originally at least one man down). So yeah, a pretty ****ty experience comparable to what it could be.

Quick Reply