The Student Room Group

Has your school closed for snow?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andrew Mooney
When I was in first year, January or February 2009, the library closed early, me and a few coursemates were about to go in, and there was a sign on the glass doors at the front saying 'the library has closed early due to adverse weather conditions'.

Yeah I didn't really do much work in my second year, which might explain my lack of knowledge :p:

In there every day now :frown: Note to future students - Masters degrees are a stupid idea :p:
Original post by Ice_Queen
Yeah I didn't really do much work in my second year, which might explain my lack of knowledge :p:

In there every day now :frown: Note to future students - Masters degrees are a stupid idea :p:

Ah not to worry. I was just surprised that they spent all that money on the fancy looking library and then closed it early for a bit of snow. How's your degree anyways, any more snow in Cov now?
Original post by linkdapink
I'm on a placement at a school at the moment, only one day a week. I have to leave at 7:45... and spent every minute up to that checking and rechecking the BBC website. I got my hat, scarf and gloves on... only to then realise that the school was listed under a completely different district, and I have the day off! WOOP! Back to beddies now...

Sorry i neg repped by mistake :smile:
Did you get out of bed for the protest march :wink:
And my school is open as usual...
Original post by chinaberry
Sorry i neg repped by mistake :smile:
Did you get out of bed for the protest march :wink:
And my school is open as usual...

Nah lol! But I did stay in bed and listen to BBC Sheffield bet on how many people would turn up. Though Baileys Hot Chocolate at 10am made the best snow day ever!
Answer is no, infact I don't think my school has closed because of weather for something like 16 years. That's unless you count cutting lunch from an hour to half an hour and getting rid of registration so you can still have 5 lessons but go home early! But seriously if you think it's a snow day it CAN and IS a snowday! :biggrin:
lol my school doesnt close for snow...even if there ws an earthquake... i doubt they'll close...
My college is closed tomorrow! :dance:

Pretty surprised because they never close.
Anyone today? I have a snow day again! But I'm at Uni today... And all the buses have been cancelled across south yorkshire, so I'm really not suprised about the number of school closures.
Original post by linkdapink
Anyone today? I have a snow day again! But I'm at Uni today... And all the buses have been cancelled across south yorkshire, so I'm really not suprised about the number of school closures.

1 December 2010 - 7am

Due to adverse weather and associated transport difficulties students on both the Lewisham and Sidcup sites should work from home today. Work should be taken from the Intranet / Moodle where appropriate, and work previously issued by teachers should be undertaken.

We will review the position throughout the day and update this website should the situation change. Please check the site as the day progresses.

Staff on both sites should report for work as usual where it is safe to do so.
Original post by Andrew Mooney
Ah not to worry. I was just surprised that they spent all that money on the fancy looking library and then closed it early for a bit of snow. How's your degree anyways, any more snow in Cov now?

We do have some snow, not a hige amount but enough that the roads aren't great.

My degree... badly :p: Three courseworks due in the next couple of weeks and I have to try and work out stats stuff before the exams in January :s-smilie:
Yes, the only one in the area :smile:
Reply 111
They've decided to close the school today but then I suppose its because it hasn't stopped snowing since 3pm yesterday on top of all the snow that was here yesterday. So unfortunately its a day of history coursework, biology revision and tidying my room for me :frown:
Ahh, I wish. I live in a land of eternal summer.
Reply 113
No.
Original post by asparkyn
Ahh, I wish. I live in a land of eternal summer.

Dubai? :smile:

OP: It's only a few cm of snow, GROW UP!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 115
My Uni's closed XD pro timing since the assignment deadline has to be postponed!
Reply 116
Original post by lonely14
Our college was founded by Hitler and it will never ever close even if there was a tornado.

Time to get ready. :sigh::sigh:

LMFAO! Your school was founded by Hitler?
Wow. That's actually quite terrifying.
Where do you come from? :O
Closed again today :smile: Maths revision it is ...
Reply 118
My School is closed and has been for the past 2 days :smile:
we have around a ft or more of snow, it's like a christmas card!!
I spent ages clearing about a foot of snow from the driveway and the road so my brother could get to college, only for him to come back about 10 minutes later saying it was cancelled, and then it started belting down with snow and covered it all again. Ah well.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending