The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by G550NDH
Hey guys just wondering has everyone got an interview offer by letter ? since i have got a score of 665 and am a gap year applicant so im assuming i may get an interview .. if i do im worried since some interviews are as close as 10th of december =/

Did your exactly ur subs and got AABB 4 UMS of an A in Biology and and also B in maths, got 665 and worse GCSE but i've got an interview for the 9th, also gap year student so i'd start preparing :biggrin: as long as ur personal statement is good enough
Reply 341
Original post by ruanaidh
Okaaay:
Unis- St andy's, glasgow, edinburger and dundee. (backup's genetics at Dundee)
I'm Scottish, so int 2's are 7 As and a B (lol, the b's in drama). Five A band ones for higher, insaaaaanely pleased. :tongue:
Ukcat- 792.5 avg. :colondollar:

Hope that's what you were looking for. :smile:

wow, i really wouldn't worry about anything if i were you :smile:
Reply 342
Original post by dmz
wow, i really wouldn't worry about anything if i were you :smile:

meeeeeh. I dunno, it's just all so scary... thanks though. And good luck! :smile:

Edit: and well done on an interview! wooooo. :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 343
meeeeeh. I dunno, it's just all so scary... thanks though. And good luck! :smile:

Edit: and well done on an interview! wooooo. :tongue:

Thanks, just really hope i get in this time, good luck with you too
Reply 344
Original post by dmz
Thanks, just really hope i get in this time, good luck with you too

If you've got an interview this early, it can only be a good thing though. :smile: assuming you're a reapplicant then?
Reply 345
Just found this thread.

I had an interview offer for the 12th January, but had an exam so got it changed to 9th February.

My average UKCAT score was 690, I had AABB at AS Level, and I'm from Wales.

****ting bricks about the interview, any tips?
Reply 346
Original post by Elzorz
Just found this thread.

I had an interview offer for the 12th January, but had an exam so got it changed to 9th February.

My average UKCAT score was 690, I had AABB at AS Level, and I'm from Wales.

****ting bricks about the interview, any tips?

was your exam on the exact same day as your interview. I got an exam three days after my interview. how was it trying to change it? do they give you a new date immediately?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 347
Original post by dmz
mine's on the 9th also :smile: what time's yours?

Ah mines at half 2
gotta catch a plane down there from Essex haha be an annoying waste of money if i get rejected but i ain't got high hopes
Reply 348
Original post by Shegg
Ah mines at half 2
gotta catch a plane down there from Essex haha be an annoying waste of money if i get rejected but i ain't got high hopes

oh, mine's half 4, gonna be past 10 before i get back in manchester
Reply 349
If you've got an interview this early, it can only be a good thing though. :smile: assuming you're a reapplicant then?

yer, no interviews last year tho i was predicted A*AAA and the uni's i applied were supposed to be easier than glasgow other than leeds and manchester :s-smilie: but heads up :smile:
Reply 350
Original post by dmz
oh, mine's half 4, gonna be past 10 before i get back in manchester

bloody hell
are you driving down there then?
have you had an interview at glasgow before? if so, any tips on questions they ask? I have a broad idea but any extra insight would be very helpful
Reply 351
Original post by Shegg
bloody hell
have you had an interview at glasgow before? if so, any tips on questions they ask? I have a broad idea but any extra insight would be very helpful

nah train, still doing driving lessons :frown:... no it's my first medical interview. i just desperately hope i get in, 450/800 lets pray we're one of the 450
Reply 352
Original post by dmz
nah train, still doing driving lessons :frown:... no it's my first medical interview. i just desperately hope i get in, 450/800 lets pray we're one of the 450

ha pray
i'll be doing rituals outside
Reply 353
Original post by Shegg
ha pray
i'll be doing rituals outside

haha, i'll join you!
Reply 354
Original post by Shegg
bloody hell

I've never had an interview... but my teacher sent me this. just potential questions, general chat about Glasgow really.

Glasgow Medicine
Mod edit: interview questions removed. Please see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=537&a=612

sorry, this is reaaaally long. But I hope it helps!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 355
Hey guys ? have UKCAT of 625 A*A*AAA and a B at as level predictions average GCSEs does this mean that they will reject me because of my UKCAT score ?
Reply 356
Original post by dmz
couldn't possibly wish for someone like you more right now! :smile:. All I know about the interview is there are 2 panel members. Anything else? Like any tips? What kinda question do they ask the most? What criteria's are you assessed on?

You need to EVERYTHING there is to know about the course. Know what PBL is. Know about plenaries, FRS, lectures, VS. Know why you like that kind of course and also know what the negatives are. Electives, SSCs etc.

Be prepared for a question about how you would feel it that changed. Unlikely they'd ask it but don't be caught out if they do. I'd talk about change is a natural progress and builds on lessons previously learnt or something like that.

There are lots of questions about the course. Also know your PS, have something to say about everything you wrote on there.

Know some current event issues related to medicine. Look on the BBC health website (i made it my homepage so I was always up to date) and get a feel for several items and then choose two items and know them inside out so that you can talk about them if asked.

Then I'd just form opinions on issues like euthanasia, abortion. Know about the european time directive and form an opinion on that. know about the career progression of a doctor (FY1, etc etc)

hope that helps.
Reply 357
Original post by larry000
thank you :smile: very helpful

Ridiculous, there are loads of hotels in the west end near the uni, stay in the west end. When you are at Uni here this is where you spend most of your time (dont go into town very often) so you might as well get a feel for it now.
Reply 358
Original post by lekky
You need to EVERYTHING there is to know about the course. Know what PBL is. Know about plenaries, FRS, lectures, VS. Know why you like that kind of course and also know what the negatives are. Electives, SSCs etc.

Be prepared for a question about how you would feel it that changed. Unlikely they'd ask it but don't be caught out if they do. I'd talk about change is a natural progress and builds on lessons previously learnt or something like that.

There are lots of questions about the course. Also know your PS, have something to say about everything you wrote on there.

Know some current event issues related to medicine. Look on the BBC health website (i made it my homepage so I was always up to date) and get a feel for several items and then choose two items and know them inside out so that you can talk about them if asked.

Then I'd just form opinions on issues like euthanasia, abortion. Know about the european time directive and form an opinion on that. know about the career progression of a doctor (FY1, etc etc)

hope that helps.

that's extremely helpful. Already made nhs and bbc my homepage. I totally owe you like a meal if i get in :smile:
got an interview
had to intercept the postman, the letter has been undelivered since for 5 days due to snow
im so happy!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending