The Student Room Group

He's gone a little quiet...time to worry?

The guy Im dating at the moment has always been very forward in the fact the he likes me and wants to be with me.

I wasn't exactly cold, but I'm not the best at being emotional and expressing what I want at times, but I still made him feel wanted!

But the last 2 weeks he has gone significantly quieter, previously we'd speak on the phone most days...Ive not heard from him for the last week now,

He is a business guy so I appreciate that he has other things on his mind besides me, he has been travelling in Iran and China for the past 2 weeks. But even when he was in Iran we spoke on Skype every couple of days. He moved on to China 7 days ago, and since then he hasnt text back, or emailed or anything...

..Perhaps im being a little hasty in thinking something is wrong, or its my insecurity...but why do i get this nagging feeling that something is up/ he has gone off of me?

If i need to man the **** up...please say so lol

Scroll to see replies

No, you need to WOMEN the **** up :-)
Reply 2
"he has been travelling in Iran and China for the past 2 weeks. But even when he was in Iran we spoke on Skype every couple of days. He moved on to China 7 days ago, and since then he hasnt text back, or emailed or anything..."

^^^^He's a spy. Simple. Next.
Reply 3
maybe he's finder it a bit harder to communicate/find time in china than in iran?
when will he be back?
Reply 4
Original post by SuperGuy
"he has been travelling in Iran and China for the past 2 weeks. But even when he was in Iran we spoke on Skype every couple of days. He moved on to China 7 days ago, and since then he hasnt text back, or emailed or anything..."

^^^^He's a spy. Simple. Next.

Agreed although having known a spy (intelligence officer) I must say this guy isn't a very good one.
i dont know about skype but im sure facebook was banned in china... maybe that has something to do with it?
Reply 6
It's only been 7 days he's probably real busy or broke from the costs of international communication! I'm sure it'll all be fine :smile:
Reply 7
he has been detained for mocking chairman mao.
Original post by theths
maybe he's finder it a bit harder to communicate/find time in china than in iran?
when will he be back?

He should be back next week, if not the week after.
I hope so, I was kind of getting to like him lol
Reply 9
Maybe he's concerned your texts might end up on WikiLeaks?
Reply 10
Original post by Miss_Scarlett
He should be back next week, if not the week after.
I hope so, I was kind of getting to like him lol

from your post i can't see why not, just wait it out and try getting in touch when he comes back (if he hasn't already before then :smile: )
Original post by Teofilo
Maybe he's concerned your texts might end up on WikiLeaks?

:rofl:

Perhaps...perhaps.
Reply 12
International player - high5 him for me!
Reply 13
:rofl:

Perhaps...perhaps.

Indeed. Btw unless he is on some heroic espionage mission, a week is a long time to go with no contact whatsoever in a relationship. And I'm certainly not prone to constant communication in a relationship either. :cool:
The guy Im dating at the moment has always been very forward in the fact the he likes me and wants to be with me.

I wasn't exactly cold, but I'm not the best at being emotional and expressing what I want at times, but I still made him feel wanted!

But the last 2 weeks he has gone significantly quieter, previously we'd speak on the phone most days...Ive not heard from him for the last week now,

He is a business guy so I appreciate that he has other things on his mind besides me, he has been travelling in Iran and China for the past 2 weeks. But even when he was in Iran we spoke on Skype every couple of days. He moved on to China 7 days ago, and since then he hasnt text back, or emailed or anything...

..Perhaps im being a little hasty in thinking something is wrong, or its my insecurity...but why do i get this nagging feeling that something is up/ he has gone off of me?

If i need to man the **** up...please say so lol

he might have a lot on his mind, i mean Iran and China in one month? two terrible countries. when he returns to england, sit down with him and crack out a pint of beer and catch up. Internet chat isn't as good as talking in person.

also MAN UP!!!
hmmmm :hmmmm:

I sent him an email yesterday and still nothing :sad:

Me thinks im going to get dumped. From experience, quietness usually indicates theyre not that into you... :/
Reply 16

That is exactly my problem :biggrin: i push them all away like this... :rolleyes:

Me thinks im going to get dumped. From experience, quietness usually indicates theyre not that into you... :/

Well, I'd like to say something positive but I havent had any experience that started like this and ended up well so... maybe you're right...

Sorry :hugs: better now then later when the feelings are waay stronger.
He has been captured and is now about to be tortured in the Carver building whilst Elliot is planning to pit the British government against the Chinese...
Bloody men....

.../end of sexist remark. :sad:

I hate it when people guys or girls mope around waiting for "them" to call, and I have turned into that person :eek:....bad times
Well seeing as he has just emigrated he is probably busy.

You can contact him in the mean time. It may not be good news. LDR are hard work. But if you know you can at least deal with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending