The Student Room Group

Oxford interviews - how long are you staying??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by narden
I'll be staying from 5th till 9th =) and I applied for music

Moi aussi!

Which colleges?
Reply 21
12th - 14th :smile: at Keble , anyone else similar ?
Reply 22
Original post by KingMessi
Yeah, you should be fine. Which college are you applying for?

Cool ta :smile: St Edmund Hall.. you?
Original post by sfriday
Cool ta :smile: St Edmund Hall.. you?

Oh, okay....Exeter....
Reply 24
12-15th Christ Church :biggrin:
8th-10th
Reply 26
7th-11th Pembroke. English and Spanish! Anybody else doing Pembroke?
Reply 27
Original post by sweeed
AHHHH just got an invitation - fmlfmlfmlfmlfmlfmlfmlfml.
I have to stay 4 days up there from the 8th - 11th and they're not giving me any details about the interviews until I get up there!
It also says there will be "outings and evening activities" !? Does that mean clubbing or scrabble?

Would be really interested to hear other people's experiences!
Oh and I'm applying for German and Linguistics at Wadham.

haha
that made me laugh. do sign me up!
i'm staying from the 4th till the 8th. spending an extra day there even though i'm not an overseas student..a bit cheeky perhaps, but i haven't been to an open day so i want to have a good look around enjoy the possibility of going to oxford before it is crushed by the interview
Reply 28
Im going 7th-10th/11th to Magdalen, popping down the night before as its a little far from Wales! Anyone else going to be there? or even any other Human Sciences interviewees out there ? :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Nananatman
Moi aussi!

Which colleges?

Somerville, what about u? =)
Reply 30
Original post by lemonyspongecakeII
Me too, I'm applying for English and French and I have to stay from the 8th-11th! Lol I guess something in between :K:

I'm freaking out because I haven't read the books I said I have :s-smilie:

SAME! well i've just finished one of them. They're both quite short too. what are your books? are they in French?
I'm so underprepared I feel like a joke.
Reply 31
Original post by sweeed
AHHHH just got an invitation - fmlfmlfmlfmlfmlfmlfmlfml.
I have to stay 4 days up there from the 8th - 11th and they're not giving me any details about the interviews until I get up there!
It also says there will be "outings and evening activities" !? Does that mean clubbing or scrabble?

Would be really interested to hear other people's experiences!
Oh and I'm applying for German and Linguistics at Wadham.

I'd be extremely surprised if they took you clubbing. It'll be stuff in the JCR, trips to G&Ds, things like that.
My interviews are from 7th - 10th December, but I'm staying from 6th to 11th. A six-day holiday in Oxford with my fellow classicists! That's my idea of a perfect vacation. I guess we'll be hanging out a lot in Blackwell, in the Ashmolean Museum, and in our rooms reading The Secret History.
How does this work in terms of accomodations: We entered our date of arrival into the website's system, is that enough? Should we just expect to be taken care of when we check into our college upon arrival, and have a sort of program provided until the day we leave?

A bit anxious since I'm flying in all the way from Asia. History also might extend to Saturday the 11th instead of Saturday the 10th for people with a third interview -- will we only know if this is the case when we arrive? Makes booking flights a bit tricky, but Oxford should be alright taking us in an extra day even if we're not interviewing, right? :s-smilie:
Reply 34
Original post by Sempiternitas
My interviews are from 7th - 10th December, but I'm staying from 6th to 11th. A six-day holiday in Oxford with my fellow classicists! That's my idea of a perfect vacation. I guess we'll be hanging out a lot in Blackwell, in the Ashmolean Museum, and in our rooms reading The Secret History.

Have you been to Oxford before? The bookshops are really good, aside from Blackwells and Oxford University Press, there's loads of great secondhand ones.

Anyways, I'm there from the 7th-9th, yay! :biggrin:
Original post by riotgrrl
Have you been to Oxford before? The bookshops are really good, aside from Blackwells and Oxford University Press, there's loads of great secondhand ones.

Anyways, I'm there from the 7th-9th, yay! :biggrin:

The ninth? Do they not ask you to stay until the tenth?

I've been to Oxford before, and to Blackwell and Waterstone's. I'll have to stop myself from buying too many books, or else I'll end up carrying another suitcase when I leave.
Reply 36
The ninth? Do they not ask you to stay until the tenth?

I've been to Oxford before, and to Blackwell and Waterstone's. I'll have to stop myself from buying too many books, or else I'll end up carrying another suitcase when I leave.

Nope- "You will be required to stay until at least 3pm on Thursday and may be required until Friday"
So I might have to stay til then, but probably not.
Do you know if we have interviews on the day we arrive, or if it's more of a settling in thing?
Original post by riotgrrl
Nope- "You will be required to stay until at least 3pm on Thursday and may be required until Friday"
So I might have to stay til then, but probably not.
Do you know if we have interviews on the day we arrive, or if it's more of a settling in thing?

It's only an induction for Merton. It says in our letter "We will be holding a preliminary meeting for all candidates at 12.30 on Tuesday December 7th which will give you a chance to ask any questions that you may have." It also mentions the language test in the afternoon, but I suppose you don't have to worry about that. :smile:
Original post by sweeed
SAME! well i've just finished one of them. They're both quite short too. what are your books? are they in French?
I'm so underprepared I feel like a joke.

Snap! Two to go :biggrin: One is a book about decolonisation which should be good and the other is a huge biography on a poet. Yours?

No :s-smilie: Make that three then, I should get a french one read too.. I've got one in the study about algerians in France that's realllly short.

You can't possibly be less prepared than I am! I have been working on this though, thinking about what they might ask etc.. however much prep I do though, it won't be as much as some people get but hey ho. I'll do my best and fingers crossed.. I got an offer from a Uni I'd LOVE to go to so I'm a LITTLE more relieved than I was about this.. lol
Reply 39
It's only an induction for Merton. It says in our letter "We will be holding a preliminary meeting for all candidates at 12.30 on Tuesday December 7th which will give you a chance to ask any questions that you may have." It also mentions the language test in the afternoon, but I suppose you don't have to worry about that. :smile:

Hopefully it will be the same for Queen's, then!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending