The Student Room Group

wtf am i going to do? he said i have to end it with him or ....

I'm really sorry for making so many threads about my fam situation, but my dad wants me to break up with my bf, he jus came to my room and said he is very disappointed and can't even call me his daughter anymore, he said he wants me to end it with the basterd otherwise i have to pack my bags and leave :frown: I Can't stop crying he just came to my room lyk 5 mins ago and told me that i have to break up with my bf by 2moro or I have to leave home :frown: what am i going to do? he said he will be there when i’m ending it with him and he will confiscate my phone , and drop me to college everyday and pick me up when i’m finished! (he asked for a photocopy of my coll timetable) what the fck am i going to do now????????????????

please don't mind me for posting these threads, my friends are not very good with the whole advice thing :frown:

story
soz ppl for not telling the full story it's jus im still crying and have previous threads about this situation. I've bn with my bf for nearly 2 years now, my parents are muslim so they are against the whole bf thing as well as clubbing and drinking. I was out last week at a night club and some guy who's dad is my dad's mate saw me with my bf..the d*** told his dad and his dad told my dad..now my dad knows the truth, he knows that i smoke, drink, party and have a bf...anyway the other big problem is that my parents have met my bf before but they think that he is my best friend and he is lyk a bro to me :frown: I know its terrible now my dad is going to hate him too
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
my dad wouldve ned that too thanks for that :frown:
Reply 2
Can't you compromise and tell him that you will break up with your bf in private, then not actually do it? Even if he drops you off and picks you up from college every day you can still see your boyfriend while you're there (assuming you both go to the same college that is).
Reply 3
Original post by OrangeSocks
Can't you compromise and tell him that you will break up with your bf in private, then not actually do it? Even if he drops you off and picks you up from college every day you can still see your boyfriend while you're there (assuming you both go to the same college that is).

no we don't go to the same coll :frown: i really don't know what to do. he is defo coming!!my dad never changes his mind no matter how much i try..my bf knows nothing about this, he knows ive been having problems with my fam bt he doesnt know that i have to break up with him. :frown:
Reply 4
Ah, I get u. Break up with him but not 4 real(tell him about the plan) and wait a few weeks till your dad feel gd again and he might give you your phone back. Then go and apologise to him. And get back with your bf. But make sure your dad doesnt find out again. I promise it will defo get better. X x x x good luck
Reply 5
Ok I'm sure we're not hearing the whole story here! What exactly is you dads problem with your bf, and there has to be some problem he has with him becuase he wouldn't act that way otherwise.
any ideas why hes suddenly decided this??? :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Parents or Boyfriend tbh.
I'm guessing you're Asian sooo; you're a disgrace to the family blah blah blah.
You've probably heard it already tbh lol.
He's not going to compromise.
Asian Dads are hard-headed :/
You could always pretend to break-up, buy a new phone etc. :smile:

how did you get caught btw? :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Tell all this to your boyfriend, do a fake break up, let him drop and pick you up from school for a while after a while he won't see the point anymore and will just leave it. Probably just angry atm so talking ****.
Reply 9
soz ppl for not telling the full story it's jus im still crying and have previous threads about this situation. I've bn with my bf for nearly 2 years now, my parents are muslim so they are against the whole bf thing as well as clubbing and drinking. I was out last week at a night club and some guy who's dad is my dad's mate saw me with my bf..the d*** told his dad and his dad told my dad..now my dad knows the truth, he knows that i smoke, drink, party and have a bf...anyway the other big problem is that my parents have met my bf before but they think that he is my best friend and he is lyk a bro to me :frown: I know its terrible now my dad is going to hate him too :frown:
Why does your dad not like your boyfriend?

Are you from a religious family?

How old are you?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by killa78
Parents or Boyfriend tbh.
I'm guessing you're Asian sooo; you're a disgrace to the family blah blah blah.
You've probably heard it already tbh lol.
He's not going to compromise.
Asian Dads are hard-headed :/
You could always pretend to break-up, buy a new phone etc. :smile:

how did you get caught btw? :s-smilie:

copied and paste

soz ppl for not telling the full story it's jus im still crying and have previous threads about this situation. I've bn with my bf for nearly 2 years now, my parents are muslim so they are against the whole bf thing as well as clubbing and drinking. I was out last week at a night club and some guy who's dad is my dad's mate saw me with my bf..the d*** told his dad and his dad told my dad..now my dad knows the truth, he knows that i smoke, drink, party and have a bf...anyway the other big problem is that my parents have met my bf before but they think that he is my best friend and he is lyk a bro to me :frown: I know its terrible now my dad is going to hate him too
Wow. I don't know any of your story, but this is the reason i had to break up with my boyfriend of 3 years.
Reply 13
Original post by *Dreaming*
Why does your dad not like your boyfriend?

Are you from a religious family?

How old are you?

yh im muslim, my parents know my bf, but they don't know that he is my bf, they believe he is my best friend and a bro :s-smilie: i knwo it's really messed up :frown: and now my dad wants to see my bf tomoro when im breaking up with him, he will hate himmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
This kind of thing really annoys me, that's why I'm atheist. However there's not much you can do in this situation other than what you have proposed and date you bf behind your dads back. Just please don't get caught.
Tell him you're not ending it really and just act like you guys broke up.
Your dad is probably just mad about something that he's letting out his anger to you and your relationship.
Original post by I-love-life
yh im muslim, my parents know my bf, but they don't know that he is my bf, they believe he is my best friend and a bro :s-smilie: i knwo it's really messed up :frown: and now my dad wants to see my bf tomoro when im breaking up with him, he will hate himmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe you could pretend that you've done it? Do a fake phone call or something....then act really upset so he believes you did it
Reply 17
do u know before he told me this, i was actually planning on chnaging my ways, stop drinking, clubbing and partying but one thing that i said i won't do is leaving my bf,,i was willing to change myself just to make them happy but now he is takin the piss..ffs im 19 :frown:
No. I don't think what my mum did was right but i don't resent her. I guess that's only because i know that if my ex partner truly loved me he would have fought against all odds to be with me.

On a side note, it wasn't the decision of both my parents. My mum was the only one who knew of the relationship, i had to keep it a secret from my dad after he found out the first time and went crazy.
Reply 19
Original post by I-love-life
copied and paste

What would your dad do if you said you would want to marry him in the future, stop the drinking, dancing and smoking?

Technically you won't be doing anything wrong then...
pretty much start a new slate?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending