The Student Room Group

Complete this statement....'I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because...'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Ross didn't propose the break, just :fyi: therefore you initial assumption was correct. However, he did make the most of said break.

and now...now I am confused...so very confused..perhaps another mug of tea and more chocolate digestives is needed.:s-smilie:
Original post by joey11223
and now...now I am confused...so very confused..perhaps another mug of tea and more chocolate digestives is needed.:s-smilie:

OOO chocolate digestives =D

Basically Rachel suggested the break, Ross got with girl while on the break. Hence him always saying, "WE WERE ON A BREAK"

So Profesh did not suggest the break :frown:
OOO chocolate digestives =D

Basically Rachel suggested the break, Ross got with girl while on the break. Hence him always saying, "WE WERE ON A BREAK"

So Profesh did not suggest the break :frown:

It's amusing when people use first names when you have no idea who they are, you can insert people you know, but I don't know any Rachel's or Ross's..

so...is the break eternal? I'm tired..is the girl Rachel, so he got with her while on the break, so it's jokey term, OR Ross got with another girl..and then....I'm not sure how that one works actually...

I like shiny things, also amber, although it's not as shiny as gemstones I do like it as well. Colourful lights are an acceptable substitute...my computer has many blue lights..
Reply 223
COZ AM SO AMAZIN A DNT NEED A GF.

But seriously, I'm socially awkward and I don't tend to be flirtatious. Like Mark from Peep Show but to a much lesser extent.
Original post by joey11223
It's amusing when people use first names when you have no idea who they are, you can insert people you know, but I don't know any Rachel's or Ross's..

so...is the break eternal? I'm tired..is the girl Rachel, so he got with her while on the break, so it's jokey term, OR Ross got with another girl..and then....I'm not sure how that one works actually...

I like shiny things, also amber, although it's not as shiny as gemstones I do like it as well. Colourful lights are an acceptable substitute...my computer has many blue lights..

We are talking about Ross and Rachel from friends...

Please say you are trolling...
I'm too naive and still a little bit childish. Also, I'm a little awkward and I haven't found anyone that I have had a 'spark' with... definitely me! lol.
... because all I find are clingy psycho midgets who let me walk all over them.
Reply 227
Original post by msabigail1
...Because I am shy

This.
We are talking about Ross and Rachel from friends...

Please say you are trolling...

unfortunately trying to re-set my pathetic natural clock(the idea is I had little sleep last night, I have little tonight, and so tonight, since it's Wednesday now, I'm so tired I go to sleep at a sensibly early time.) and the fact I don't watch friends means no, it was not trolling, it was me having a tired episode!:biggrin: (I can imagine someone I know patting me on the head now...deservedly). Though the names are familiar now, that sort of genre of program doesn't appeal to me.

I really need that tea it seems....and I just realised I ran out of digestives..but I have maryland cookies...it's not the same.:frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Valjean

When your heart has been badly broken, you are far more cautious with deciding who you deem worthy of it.

Simply because of this.
If my 'heart' could talk, it would ask me wtf was I thinking for the previous times I have been making the wrong choices. It's like you lose your hope and then find someone that seems amazing and let yourself go. Only to end up heart-broken again.
Now, I have learnt my lesson and a relationship is the last thing on my mind. Maybe I'll start thinking about it in 10 years :biggrin:
Original post by Pinball_heart

maybe if you didn't walk all over them and find some less clingy men it might work out for you.

Anyway back to the topic......I can't get a girlfriend because I don't like doing the initiating and chasing, I hope one day a girl I like would have the balls to ask me out.:smug:
Original post by katyness
Simply because of this.
If my 'heart' could talk, it would ask me wtf was I thinking for the previous times I have been making the wrong choices. It's like you lose your hope and then find someone that seems amazing and let yourself go. Only to end up heart-broken again.
Now, I have learnt my lesson and a relationship is the last thing on my mind. Maybe I'll start thinking about it in 10 years :biggrin:

I don't ever want to learn this lesson! Admittedly, I probably should, but isn't love great even before the heartbreak?? I think it is.
Reply 232
because I'm better than every girl I've ever met, in every way :dontknow:
Reply 233
Original post by robodude789
because i am always put in the friend zone....

My mates call this the friend bin, I try to deny it's existence but apparently not...
Reply 234
i hate everyone
Original post by naomidawn
I don't ever want to learn this lesson! Admittedly, I probably should, but isn't love great even before the heartbreak?? I think it is.

:biggrin: I think the heartbreak outweights the good side of love, for me. I take too long to let it go. Actually, I always think I get over them very quick only to find out a month later that I still think about them.
And plus, I think I'd rather have my full attention on education.

But I admire people like you. I wish I didnt think the way I do but I dont like heartbreaks and I dont want to go for it :ninjagirl:
Reply 236
Original post by Pinball_heart

Wow. Then you must be an incredibly tolerant person.

Original post by Valjean
Because I'm too fussy. Plus, when I do seriously like somebody, they tend to be tragically unsuitable. I will usually be aware of this and keep my distance. When your heart has been badly broken, you are far more cautious with deciding who you deem worthy of it.

I did actually let slip a spontaneous guffaw at my own comment in your signature, somewhere in-between agreeing with your dispassionate analysis and realising that I'd just reconquered the pinnacle of narcissism (which perhaps looks set to double as my decidedly more earnest response to this thread in due course). How appalling.

Anyway, I struggle to envisage cohabiting with someone amicably for any length of time, assuming they aren't equally low-maintenance. Also, I can be a bit capricious but only when the mood takes me and am massively ginger. All contributing factors.
(edited 13 years ago)
...because I need to complete my studies:biggrin:

Education > Girls IMO but if the opportunity arises and I meet this wonderful girl, then I might change my mind:smile:
Original post by Psyk
You have no penis and small breasts but you're male? What's your situation if you don't mind me asking?

Transsexual (female-to-male). Went on hormone medication just over 4 months ago. It means that very few people at uni know what I have hidden. So no way am I going to ask anyone out.
Original post by Alpha_Male
Sorry, this place cracks me up....I just wondered why exactly everyone is having so many problems getting a boyfriend or girlfriend?

So yeh, complete the statement....'I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because.....'

I just wanna see what's stopping you lot from getting someone. I bet it comes down to a lack of confidence, being scared of rejection, or just being a socially awkard dork etc.

Hopefully I can make you see that these excuses are just excuses and that you can get someone if you believe in yourself a bit more.

i cant get a girlfriend cos at the moment ur mum is doing a damn fine job sucking me off. STANDAAAARD.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending