The Student Room Group

Lsop 2010 interview thread

Noone seems to have made one so i got this started for anyone whos had an intw in london.

Scroll to see replies

ive got one on the 10th i need help
Reply 2
anyone who has already had an intw what sort of ques were asked?
Reply 3
seemslike most ppl are not fortunate enough to get an intw
Reply 4
I had an interview in May for the 2010 entry and was asked; why LSOP? How would you apply the chemistry you have learnt to Pharmacy? Discuss any recent pharmacy news you know....
Reply 5
is that all they asked ill give you another rep?
Reply 6
mine is next monday
Reply 7
I have another one tomorrow. Will let you guys know how it goes.
Reply 8
Original post by Oby
I have another one tomorrow. Will let you guys know how it goes.

why did you not pass in 2010? Was it hard....god im scared now.
Reply 9
Original post by START23
why did you not pass in 2010? Was it hard....god im scared now.

Naaaah It really isn't that difficult- the interview. I thought it was very relaxed and informal. I got the offer last time, but did not make the grades in chemistry to meet the ABB condition. You'll be fine....relax!
Reply 10
Original post by Oby
Naaaah It really isn't that difficult- the interview. I thought it was very relaxed and informal. I got the offer last time, but did not make the grades in chemistry to meet the ABB condition. You'll be fine....relax!

i got A*AB and im applying for med again,last yr got an intw at notts and didnt make it because "i didnt have enough pharmacy knowledge but great communication skills" so im worried same thing is gonna happen.I missed out 2 med intws as well.I dont know whether ill get a med intw this time round but i really want to go to LSOP, ive got a feeling that were competing with other med appl on the day rather than pharmacy applicants.
do you remember any ques they asked you because my notts intw was really informal-he was talking more abt himself than asking me ques and that brings back nightmares.
Anyone else had an intw?
Reply 12
Original post by START23
i got A*AB and im applying for med again,last yr got an intw at notts and didnt make it because "i didnt have enough pharmacy knowledge but great communication skills" so im worried same thing is gonna happen.I missed out 2 med intws as well.I dont know whether ill get a med intw this time round but i really want to go to LSOP, ive got a feeling that were competing with other med appl on the day rather than pharmacy applicants.
do you remember any ques they asked you because my notts intw was really informal-he was talking more abt himself than asking me ques and that brings back nightmares.

Heeey, Im sure you'll be fine dis time. I got the offer yesterday [AAB]. So thats one down. My other applications were for medicine, so im waiting for them. This time, i was asked questions on my personal statement, then Why LSOP? How can you apply the Chemistry in your present studies to pharmacy? What advantage [concerning knowledge of drugs] does a pharmacist have over a doctor or a dentist, Where do u see yourself after studying pharmacy?...they also ask you questions on whatever you mention, so if you say anything about aspirin, you may get asked questions on that. He asked if i had a question too. They always ask that. My advice- prepare a question to ask. On the whole it was really good. Informal!!
YES!!!received offer from LSOP!!!!!!
Reply 14
Original post by likaspider

Same!!!!! :O
Original post by Oby
Heeey, Im sure you'll be fine dis time. I got the offer yesterday [AAB]. So thats one down. My other applications were for medicine, so im waiting for them. This time, i was asked questions on my personal statement, then Why LSOP? How can you apply the Chemistry in your present studies to pharmacy? What advantage [concerning knowledge of drugs] does a pharmacist have over a doctor or a dentist, Where do u see yourself after studying pharmacy?...they also ask you questions on whatever you mention, so if you say anything about aspirin, you may get asked questions on that. He asked if i had a question too. They always ask that. My advice- prepare a question to ask. On the whole it was really good. Informal!!

congrats, Im stuck on these 2 ques:

What advantage [concerning knowledge of drugs] does a pharmacist have over a doctor or a dentist?

Where do u see yourself after studying pharmacy?...
Original post by likaspider

congrats what kind of ques did they ask you?
Original post by XCLNC
Same!!!!! :O

congrats!!!!!!!!!!:smile::smile::smile:do you remember any of the ques they asked you?how hard was it?
Reply 18
Original post by STARWARSISSICK
congrats, Im stuck on these 2 ques:

What advantage [concerning knowledge of drugs] does a pharmacist have over a doctor or a dentist?

Where do u see yourself after studying pharmacy?...

Oh Thanks! Answers to your questions;

1. Pharmacists know the effects of drugs in the cellular level and so would know what reactions the body's tissues would have to the drugs. [Doctors might know the reactions too but not on the cellular level]

2. After studying pharmacy you either end up as a clinical Pharmacist, community pharmacist, industrial pharmacist. I said I'd like to go into research or work in a hospital.
Original post by Oby
Oh Thanks! Answers to your questions;

1. Pharmacists know the effects of drugs in the cellular level and so would know what reactions the body's tissues would have to the drugs. [Doctors might know the reactions too but not on the cellular level]

2. After studying pharmacy you either end up as a clinical Pharmacist, community pharmacist, industrial pharmacist. I said I'd like to go into research or work in a hospital.

so what kind of general reactions would doctors know about that the pharmacist would know about on a cellular level?

also,i want to say that i want to go on to work for a pharmaceutical company but i dont know how to expand.In my notts i said that i wanted to go into clinical because of my exp and got rejected is that a bad answer(obv i said a bit more but yeh)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending