The Student Room Group

could you handle kissing by partner if they were an actor?

question is in the title.

I've always wondered how partners can be comfortable with their partners kissing other people on-screen (or more realistically even kissing at a play/small role) or even scenes of simulated sex

Would you just accept it as part of the job and not get jealous or would you avoid someone who was an actor for this reason?

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't care at all, I'm just really not the jealous type.
That's like asking, "Could you handle it if your partner was a gynaecologist and looked at vaginas all day?" Who the **** cares about these things, seriously?
It'd be fine.
Yeah, it's just a job. Their job is to portray a character, the emotions aren't going to translate to real life. From what I've read sex scenes are never romantic or sexy to film anyway :wink:
Reply 5
Yes, of course.
Reply 6
So long as everyone knows whose really tapping that ass, and she washes her mouth when she gets home.
Reply 7
Probably. But I doubt I'd be watching them 'perform' any time soon.
Reply 8
Well my bf and I used to be in the same drama class which obviously meant acting in plays some of which had kissing scenes. Neither of us had an issue with it, we were both acting we didn't feel anything towards the other person and it was just for the play. Another of our friends however got insanely jealous of her bf because his role was to be a complete sleeze and ended up having to kiss, grab the ass of a lot of the girls in the play.
I'd probably be fine. Maybe a bit iffy if they saw the other person a lot outside of their stage performances/rehearsals :ninja:

Howevs I don't reckon my boyfriend is in ANY danger of becoming an actor anytime soon :h: it's more likely to be me in this position than him really.
i'd be fine with it, neither of us are particularly jealous people.

and i think the fact that i regularly get naked in front of a tonne of people would make her kissing somebody in a play seem like nothing in comparison
Reply 11
Original post by Yawn11
tapping that ass.

I've never understood this phrase. It creates a mental image a bizarre fetish involving a person with a valve attached to their anus.
Reply 12
You're in character so, technically it's not you.
Original post by didgeridoo12uk
i'd be fine with it, neither of us are particularly jealous people.

and i think the fact that i regularly get naked in front of a tonne of people would make her kissing somebody in a play seem like nothing in comparison

you can't say that and not explain!
Reply 14
Original post by tommm
I've never understood this phrase. It creates a mental image a bizarre fetish involving a person with a valve attached to their anus.

I could explain it you.

But it will make more sense after you lose your virginity.
Reply 15
Maybe get a liiiittle bit jealous, but I'd get over it. It's only acting, after all.

I draw the line at practicing, though. :ninja:
I'd have jealousy pouring out of every oraphis until everyone drowned.
But i'd just have to suck it up and say i was fine with it. It's a job. It happens!
I wouldn't be happy with it, however I would just not be with someone who needed to be in that position.
Original post by tommm

Umm... I'd be fine with it OP. It's acting...
Reply 19
Original post by mikeyd85

Umm... I'd be fine with it OP. It's acting...

for me the physical act and the intentions both count

I just don't like the idea of someone else kissing my gf even if there are no feelings attached, their lips still touched and it's something I personally wouldn't be comfortable with

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending