The Student Room Group

the absolute worst liar i have ever known

What do you think of people who lie about things for instance on facebook? i know someone who posts pictures of herself doing something small with a caption saying something like "the warmup for..." or "the day before I did..." (we used to be on a team together until I got promoted and she got kicked out pretty much at the same time, then we've been complete rivals). It's an absolute LIE - she never did what she says she did. The "warmup" was the most she ever did. I on the other hand have achieved what she lies about achieving, which I was proud of, but her lying just devalues it as everyone believes her.
The really infuriating thing is that she gets more oppurtunities than me, because she "puts herself out there" (aka saying she's done what she hasn't) but I'm more modest about it even though I've achieved what she hasn't. I also know she spreads bull**** about me behind my back but tbh I'm past that because she's done much worse.

The question is - do you think people actually believe what she has been saying? I know "facebooks not a big deal" but its an accurate representation of her. Complete bull****ter. I'm honestly so angry about her right now that I'm thumping on my keys. trying to get her out of my life but she just keeps coming back. How would you deal with her if you were me, aside from hitting her?? (lol)

Cheers :wink:

Scroll to see replies

I don't get what she's lying about, can you be more specific?
You do get some horrible liars.
I remember in year 9 this guy limping into school claiming he got shot in a gang war.
Reply 3
Meh, that's tame compared to some of the compulsive liars I've met - but yeah, they're all annoying!!
My old foster mum was the BIGGEST bullshi*ter you could meet, the kind I like to call two-sh!ts (if you've just done a poo, they've done two). Some of the lies this woman came out with:
-She won Krufts at the tender age of 7
-She's murdered someone, but not been caught for it
-She's been to jail (but not for the murder)
-She set fire to her school and the whole thing burned down
-She used to be a michelin star chef
-She used to be a hair dresser
-Her rents are multi-millionairres
-She used to date Prince William/ Harry (I used to tune out when my ears detected a lie, but it was definately one of the two)
-She has been head hunted to be a doctor, but prefers being a nurse so declined the offer
-She is on speaking terms with Simon Cowell and various other celebrities who popped up on the telly
-She was a child star and was 'Matilda' but her parents chose to change her name to protect her and moved her to England
-Windows 7 was her idea (that could've been a joke tbh, but you can never really tell!)

So yeah, there are plenty more - literally everything that came out of her mouth was a lie! Very strange, and I think she thought people believed her aswell!

Ohh yeah and edited to add; her work phoned me one day and asked if I knew anything about her having cancer, obviously I was shocked and felt really bad for her, but then it turned out she had said it to a patient because they were worried about loosing their hair (she worked in a cancer ward and has always had a full head of hair) - so another BLATANT lie!
(edited 13 years ago)
Liars have to have good memorys because they have to remember what they said and to whom.I know a liar and , quite frankly, she deserves a good hard smack in the mouth for the rubbish shes been spouting!.There will always be some people that do indeed believe the lies sadly, but then there are others that wont.The lies often get more fancifull as time goes on, and little extra bits get added on to keep them interesting and more salacious.

However, the truth ALWAYS comes out and the liar needs to remember that!!!!!.
Reply 5
My parents are just the same...

They always told me that if I eat my greens I'd become big and strong. Over 20 years of suffering later, what do I have to show for it? :cry2:
.....OP why do you care?! There are so much bigger and better things in life than caring about what some sad person puts on Facebook to make themselves feel more popular.
Reply 7
Can't you just comment on her pics and prove her wrong?
Reply 8
Some girl my friend is friends with claimed she bit off her own tongue and they had to sew it back on.
Reply 9
Original post by ***Frann***
Meh, that's tame compared to some of the compulsive liars I've met - but yeah, they're all annoying!!
My old foster mum was the BIGGEST bullshi*ter you could meet, the kind I like to call two-sh!ts (if you've just done a poo, they've done two). Some of the lies this woman came out with:
-She won Krufts at the tender age of 7
-She's murdered someone, but not been caught for it
-She's been to jail (but not for the murder)
-She set fire to her school and the whole thing burned down
-She used to be a michelin star chef
-She used to be a hair dresser
-Her rents are multi-millionairres
-She used to date Prince William/ Harry (I used to tune out when my ears detected a lie, but it was definately one of the two)
-She has been head hunted to be a doctor, but prefers being a nurse so declined the offer
-She is on speaking terms with Simon Cowell and various other celebrities who popped up on the telly
-She was a child star and was 'Matilda' but her parents chose to change her name to protect her and moved her to England
-Windows 7 was her idea (that could've been a joke tbh, but you can never really tell!)

So yeah, there are plenty more - literally everything that came out of her mouth was a lie! Very strange, and I think she thought people believed her aswell!

Ohh yeah and edited to add; her work phoned me one day and asked if I knew anything about her having cancer, obviously I was shocked and felt really bad for her, but then it turned out she had said it to a patient because they were worried about loosing their hair (she worked in a cancer ward and has always had a full head of hair) - so another BLATANT lie!

Wow, that is.. extreme!
Some boy I know said that he invented the 'Never Eat Shredded Wheat' thing for north east south west. ¬.¬
Reply 11
I actually don't think people believe her because sometimes when people are lying people don't always confront them but let them talk their lies and later on just think "WHAT A LIAR"

but about what to do about her I'd probably avoid her as much as I can but how I can't think of :/

and trust me I have come across someone like her but ignoring seemed to do me well :smile:
Reply 12
wow, op i dont get what you mean shes lying about.
and omgg the fostermum lies are craaazzyy!
Reply 13
theres a massive liar in my department at work... but hes also bad at remembering all his lies so it just makes him look STUPID... urrrh he makes me really cross as well says he has diabetes but when i asked him about it (cos my brother has it so i know a fair bit about it) he didnt know the first thing about it... said he had 3 heart attacks... said he makes £700 a day in another job... it just never ends and what makes it worse is that he must take us for fools as nobody ever really calls him out on it cos hes 'respected' there ...grrrr
You need to chill out and relax, so she is lying...why should you care? Don't bother, go on about your business and enjoy life :smile:

If you're achieving all the things others are lying about achieving then you should take satisfaction from that and continue to revel in the success. Instead of enjoying it you're getting all hot and bothered concerning yourself by others.
Original post by Anonymous
What do you think of people who lie about things for instance on facebook? i know someone who posts pictures of herself doing something small with a caption saying something like "the warmup for..." or "the day before I did..." (we used to be on a team together until I got promoted and she got kicked out pretty much at the same time, then we've been complete rivals). It's an absolute LIE - she never did what she says she did. The "warmup" was the most she ever did. I on the other hand have achieved what she lies about achieving, which I was proud of, but her lying just devalues it as everyone believes her.
The really infuriating thing is that she gets more oppurtunities than me, because she "puts herself out there" (aka saying she's done what she hasn't) but I'm more modest about it even though I've achieved what she hasn't. I also know she spreads bull**** about me behind my back but tbh I'm past that because she's done much worse.

The question is - do you think people actually believe what she has been saying? I know "facebooks not a big deal" but its an accurate representation of her. Complete bull****ter. I'm honestly so angry about her right now that I'm thumping on my keys. trying to get her out of my life but she just keeps coming back. How would you deal with her if you were me, aside from hitting her?? (lol)

comments her pictures correcting her captions with the truth
Yeah lol, it got to be a bit of a joke in the end.
To be honest, I tolerated her lies just because they were good enough to take me in; but if anyone lies to my face I just reply 'Well that's blatantly a load of bull**** isn't it?' and watch them try and squirm out of it with excuses - then I just laugh.
I don't mind the harmless exagerraters because lets face it, we all exagerrate from time to time, the ones which really really grate on me are the ones who lie for sympathy. One girl in my form was trying to tell me that her dad abuses her (the day we met), and how she is on the child protection register (which doesn't even exist anymore) and that she's really confused as to who to tell as she doesn't want everyone to know. Simple fact was, she didn't even know the name of her social worker! I just hate people like that - there is no need, and they make a bad impression for those who really are being abused at home and can't tell anyone. Those are the sort of people I out straight away!
Reply 17
Original post by TheNamelessOne
You do get some horrible liars.
I remember in year 9 this guy limping into school claiming he got shot in a gang war.

thats actually hilarious. i knew someone who claimed he and a friend were involved in a shootout in the car park of a supermarket in a quiet middle class suburb of london.
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous

i had a similar situation as well, with couple of people who i know very well lying in their statuses and stuff, it annoys me, but i dont really care and neither should u
There was a girl at college who claimed she was the ghost writer for Mariah Carey's greatest hits

She also pretended to speak fluent portuguese and taught us various words and phrases. It later turned out to be gibberish she had just made up...
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending