The Student Room Group

EDL and UAF on Channel 4 "Coppers" documentary

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Edit: This post is almost what? 8 months old? Times and opinions change.

Good watch and it reinforces my opinion that UAF are pretty much thugs dressed like hippies. They don't even know what the **** they're talking about they're just arguing for the sake of it. See the parts where they try to get smart with the officers about the law rofl? :facepalm:

So basically...

- UAF shows up before EDL even arrive and start trouble.
- UAF are difficult to handle and generally refuse to cooperate.
- UAF more than willing to turn on the police (as seen by trying to drag them into the riot etc)
- EDL get marshaled peacefully and at one point even stop and listen to the offcier.
- EDL pretty much cooperated with the police without causing trouble (removing face coverings).
- EDL had their own wardens controlling them
- A group of 200 asians obviously looking for a fight are welcomed and funneled through to the front by the UAF.
- Now the BNP and National Front kick off while the EDL leave. EDL Wardens get caught up in it.

The parts in bold are what you see in the papers. I'm not saying everyone from the EDL is innocent because they aren't but it's clear who the trouble makers are. The very first documentary I watched on the EDL reflects this. The majority of them are peaceful and there to protest peacefully while the UAF antagonized the small band of unaffiliated hooligans that show up.

Also that Dane Kelly is a useless retard and the police "brutality" (words of the UAF) was justified.
(edited 12 years ago)
Definitely a good watch, as is the whole series (particularly the 999 call-outs one!)
Not surprised that more UAF than EDL got arrested. Both as bad as each other.
Showed the police to be the sh**bag bullies that they are.
6 of one.

Half a dozen of the other.

Simply put.
Reply 6
The 'E-E-EDL' chant is the same as 'Fly high, Gryffindor!'
Reply 7
Watched this last night when I got back, was really surprised. Really got to question the Channel 4 editing standard though, they seem to deliberately edit the show to discredit the police, after watching a few episodes and seeing the mismatched sound clips they put together.

Was expecting a lot more disorder from the EDL side, was kinda shocked when they were just standing there listening to the bronze commander I think it was, then again they were being marshalled pretty well and maybe the point was they knew the cameras were on them in detail so planned to stay peaceful.
Reply 8
Original post by Shuvel
Watched this last night when I got back, was really surprised. Really got to question the Channel 4 editing standard though, they seem to deliberately edit the show to discredit the police, after watching a few episodes and seeing the mismatched sound clips they put together.

Was expecting a lot more disorder from the EDL side, was kinda shocked when they were just standing there listening to the bronze commander I think it was, then again they were being marshalled pretty well and maybe the point was they knew the cameras were on them in detail so planned to stay peaceful.

In one of the episodes one officer starts pushing these guys because they swore. He started the physical violence. And after he has arrested them, he calls them '****ing idiots'. Rather hypocritical if you ask me. They aren't allowed to swear but he is? And I don't see how this could have from deliberate editing. He said those things and did those things.

They represent the law, they are not above it. Yet they act like they are.
Reply 9
Yeh, these are my observations:

UAF - emotional hippies with their hearts in the right place but not much logic.
EDL - racist chavs out for a fight
Police (in this case) - working for the wage not the state. similiar to the EDL in that they kind of like the clashing (they even said) and that they obviously didn't like the UAF, who in my opinion, despite being antagonistic, are there for all the right reasons.
Original post by edanon
Yeh, these are my observations:

UAF - emotional hippies with their hearts in the right place but not much logic.
EDL - racist chavs out for a fight
Police (in this case) - working for the wage not the state. similiar to the EDL in that they kind of like the clashing (they even said) and that they obviously didn't like the UAF, who in my opinion, despite being antagonistic, are there for all the right reasons.

The EDL are not racist.....I am a proud member of the EDL the EDL has asian members as well. We are trying to protect this country and give back its identity.

The muslim faith is dangerous in the wrong hands and can easily be misinterpruted. My only shock is that the muslim community don't react to these muslim extremists giving them a bad name!
Looks awesome fun. :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by Burninginme2
The EDL are not racist.....I am a proud member of the EDL the EDL has asian members as well. We are trying to protect this country and give back its identity.

The muslim faith is dangerous in the wrong hands and can easily be misinterpruted. My only shock is that the muslim community don't react to these muslim extremists giving them a bad name!

how many asian memebers? 5? do you know any of them?

What exactly is wrong with our countries identity? A country has the identity of the people that live within it. If there are muslims then there will be some islamic identity. "don't build more mosques" they were saying... why? if there are british citizens who want to worship a god and build religious buildings then why not?

why do the BNP and national front protest along side you? It is obvious that the groups atract the same kind of bigotted racist thugs. In that protest you could actually see the hatred in their eyes... they have no christian or decent values... they just have a lot of hatred and want to take it out on people that are different. I mean really, just take a look at the god-awful characters that were in the EDL side of the protest.... really nasty pieces of work, were you one of them?
Reply 13
Original post by racaha
They're not racist? They're shouting, 'Mohammed is a paedo.' That doesn't sound very accepting of other races and religions to me. I understand the wish to stop Muslim extremists, but many of its members use it to voice their racist opinions, which are against Muslims in general.

Discrimination =/= racism

And Muslims are not a race there are black muslims, there are arab muslims, there are white muslims, and probably more races that are muslims.
Reply 14
Original post by danny111
Discrimination =/= racism

And Muslims are not a race there are black muslims, there are arab muslims, there are white muslims, and probably more races that are muslims.

who cares, they are all racist as well as discriminatory. It's funny because they ALL know that they're racist and basically go to these things because they're bored and angry and violent... but they all deny it and spout ****. It's proven in the fact that they are supposed to be "peacefull" protesters but are violent at every protest. It's just so annoying that all those idiots have the braincells between them to give a name to themselves and to pretend to be protesters.
Original post by edanon
how many asian memebers? 5? do you know any of them?

What exactly is wrong with our countries identity? A country has the identity of the people that live within it. If there are muslims then there will be some islamic identity. "don't build more mosques" they were saying... why? if there are british citizens who want to worship a god and build religious buildings then why not?

why do the BNP and national front protest along side you? It is obvious that the groups atract the same kind of bigotted racist thugs. In that protest you could actually see the hatred in their eyes... they have no christian or decent values... they just have a lot of hatred and want to take it out on people that are different. I mean really, just take a look at the god-awful characters that were in the EDL side of the protest.... really nasty pieces of work, were you one of them?

God you sound like a UAF member. I guess if the EDL are associated with NF/BNP/C18 then the UAF are associated with MDL/MAC right? Did you even see the part where they welcomed, cheered and funneled to the front around 200 Asians looking for a fight? Did you miss the hatred coming from the UAF from start to finish? Did you miss the UAF practically never cooperating? Did you miss the EDL standing still and listening to the officer commanding them? Did you miss the wardens EDL bring to give order?

Did you miss the part at 38:08 where the EDL warden is trying to stop the trouble makers from lifting the fence? At 40:20 the police man even says "at the front here we've got National Front and BNP and they aint gonna disappear and those who are with the EDL are more than happy to go".

Would YOU like to be represented by the curly haired retard students who drop fire extinguishers off of buildings? No, you wouldn't so stop tarring the EDL with the same brush as the BNP etc. Oh and to say that the UAF have there hearts in the right places is hilarious. And the EDL don't? Guess you support militant Islam then. There's a difference between protesting against fascism and flat out complaining about everything.

Also how do you think a middle eastern country would handle the mass influx of white westerners along with western culture? They wouldn't handle it well at all in fact they'd be disgusted. How would the people of that country feel if within the foreseeable future there was risk of them becoming a minority in their own country?
UAF = Fascist hypocrites.

EDL = Uneducated working class chavs (but ironically are better behaved than UAF).
Reply 17
Original post by PlanetEuropa
UAF = Fascist hypocrites.

EDL = Uneducated working class chavs (but ironically are better behaved than UAF).

Oddly that is pretty a comprehensive evaluation of a large porportion of the members of both groups.
Reply 18
Original post by thisisnew
God you sound like a UAF member. I guess if the EDL are associated with NF/BNP/C18 then the UAF are associated with MDL/MAC right? Did you even see the part where they welcomed, cheered and funneled to the front around 200 Asians looking for a fight? Did you miss the hatred coming from the UAF from start to finish? Did you miss the UAF practically never cooperating? Did you miss the EDL standing still and listening to the officer commanding them? Did you miss the wardens EDL bring to give order?

Did you miss the part at 38:08 where the EDL warden is trying to stop the trouble makers from lifting the fence? At 40:20 the police man even says "at the front here we've got National Front and BNP and they aint gonna disappear and those who are with the EDL are more than happy to go".

Would YOU like to be represented by the curly haired retard students who drop fire extinguishers off of buildings? No, you wouldn't so stop tarring the EDL with the same brush as the BNP etc. Oh and to say that the UAF have there hearts in the right places is hilarious. And the EDL don't? Guess you support militant Islam then. There's a difference between protesting against fascism and flat out complaining about everything.

Also how do you think a middle eastern country would handle the mass influx of white westerners along with western culture? They wouldn't handle it well at all in fact they'd be disgusted. How would the people of that country feel if within the foreseeable future there was risk of them becoming a minority in their own country?

Well this country actually runs on foreigners, checked out the NHS lately? Teachers, Train drivers, Computer programmers the list goes on and on. and you just showed how small you mind is, most of the foreigners in the UK aren't even from a "middle eastern country". Please do yourself a favour and stay quiet about matters that are clearly beyond your understanding. This country would crumble without us, most of those racist EDL thugs are probably sitting on their backsides signing on. anything for a fight...but when it really comes down to it, they run like cowards.
Original post by dujaanah
Well this country actually runs on foreigners, checked out the NHS lately? Teachers, Train drivers, Computer programmers the list goes on and on. and you just showed how small you mind is, most of the foreigners in the UK aren't even from a "middle eastern country". Please do yourself a favour and stay quiet about matters that are clearly beyond your understanding. This country would crumble without us, most of those racist EDL thugs are probably sitting on their backsides signing on. anything for a fight...but when it really comes down to it, they run like cowards.

This country does not run on immigrants it runs on white Britons, the country would not crumble without you, we would adapt very easily.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending