The Student Room Group

For people who have casual SEX

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by effofex
Why is this? From what I'm aware, obviously you need to be careful when the male insert's his genitalia such that the penis is completely ensheathed by the femidom. Obviously if the penis just goes to one side of it the femidom is rendered useless. What would you recommend instead?

sti + pregnancy rates are much much higher with the use of femidoms than condoms for the points you said and also when taken out they're more likely to 'leak' ick. so condoms > femidoms anyday.
Original post by BBYoungLady
anytime mate :smile:

Next time don't...I could do without knowing about your sex life :puke:
Original post by HumanNature1992
Next time don't...I could do without knowing about your sex life :puke:

i haven't said anything that personal about my sex life - you're talking about sex on this thread right now.
Reply 43
Original post by lawology
sti + pregnancy rates are much much higher with the use of femidoms than condoms for the points you said and also when taken out they're more likely to 'leak' ick. so condoms > femidoms anyday.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that last part. I thought maybe it would be more effective if a femidom covered the labia and a condom could be flexibly 'extended' to cover the male pubic region and testicles - to minimize the probability of HPV 11/13/16 transmission. Many STIs can be spread through mere skin-to-skin contact of the genitalia not covered by latex.

So is femidom use not encouraged at all then? And is use of a condom on the male AND femidom in the female simultaneously not recommended then?

Sorry about my naivety - I'm new to this whole sex thing.
Original post by Hopple
They should staple free condoms to paychecks and benefits. If you get paid straight into a bank account then I suppose staple 30 or so condoms to your monthly bank statement.

A condom with staple holes in.

About as much use as a chocolate teapot :p:
Reply 45
OP is an idiot.
Reply 46
Original post by effofex
Oh, I wasn't aware of that last part. I thought maybe it would be more effective if a femidom covered the labia and a condom could be flexibly 'extended' to cover the male pubic region and testicles - to minimize the probability of HPV 11/13/16 transmission. Many STIs can be spread through mere skin-to-skin contact of the genitalia not covered by latex.

So is femidom use not encouraged at all then? And is use of a condom on the male AND femidom in the female simultaneously not recommended then?

Sorry about my naivety - I'm new to this whole sex thing.

i'd always use a condom over a femidom...together?!?!!?! noooo!!! don't even attempt it haha...some forms of contraception can and should be used together but condom and femidom together is definately not recommended...the friction would make it likely they would rip not too mention pretty uncomfortable haha.

don't worry about it :smile:
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
A condom with staple holes in.

About as much use as a chocolate teapot :p:

The condom isn't as tasty though :tongue:
Lol, a card? If you're able to carry a card around why cant you just carry a condom? Bit pathetic really.
Original post by effofex

Original post by effofex
I was wondering - for people who have casual sex, do you think implementation of this idea would make things easier for you:

Condom, femidom and STI (sexually-trasmitted infections) testing kits could be stored in special dispensers placed strategically outside 'socializing venues' such as nightclubs, bars, pubs and restaurants.

If councils issued all over 16s with a special card then this card could be used in a similar manner to an Oyster card and men and women could simply place it next to the dispenser after exiting say, the nightclub and receive an adequate pack of condoms/femidoms etc. before returning to a private place to have hot, sweaty, scintillating sex. Obviously not everyone may have exact change meaning the cards are useful and presumably two very sexually excited people would not want to be waiting in a queue for too long!

This would also minimize the risk of STI transmission (I think chlamydia prevalence may be about 26% in the 16-24 age group which seems quite high) making the population more health-conscious and allowing women especially to have hotter, more guilt-free sex with hot men with hot bodies. I'm not sure how quickly STI self-testing kits can give results but realistically this appears to be the best options since it's unlikely there could be sufficient mobile health clinics open at say, 1am in the morning to profile prospective partners.

What do you think? Would you like this kind of scheme?

Something called a C-card already exists, similar idea
Original post by effofex
Maybe there may not be much of a need for payment on card since people could just use coins/notes/credit/debit cards. But how do you know most single people carry a condom? I've always been single and never carried a condom and don't think most of the male friends I've gone to pubs/bars/snooker clubs etc. with have either.

Are you single? If not, when you were single, did you carry a femidom on your person regularly?

Yes, there are some complacent people who may not carry a condom/femidom - but if they feel the urge to make sexy love with someone one night, then that is where the dispenser comes to the rescue for them. Obviously for the prepared people the dispenser doesn't add any value, but for the unprepared ones it could come in very handy before they get down and dirrrty.

When I was single I always carried a condom in my purse, yes. As has every guy I've met, and most girls.

And if people are complacent enough not to carry a condom, then there's no way they'd bother to get one of those card things.
Reply 51
Original post by Antonia87
Lol, a card? If you're able to carry a card around why cant you just carry a condom? Bit pathetic really.

Yes. Lots of people carry a driving licence in their wallets even though they may not always be required to display it. Many people may not have planned a one-night stand on a particular evening, but supposing you met a hot, sexually arousing man who you wanted to bang the brains out of, then you might suddenly want a one-night stand and that's where the dispensing machine comes in handy. You wouldn't have known whether or not you would meet such a fit, hot guy when you went out so may not have factored in taking a condom, femidom and STI-testing kit with you.
Reply 52
Original post by Anonymous
The women on here should know a thing or two about this some of them are rabid animals when it comes to this topic

Someone! Stone them!
Reply 53
Original post by Alt__x
Jeez, twenty one years of virginity have really given you a lot of time to think about this kind of stuff! I'd advise you to go out and get some sex as soon as possible, and stop over complicating a ONS.

Actually, I only started thinking of the idea yesterday! Don't you think it is important to takie adequate precautions before having casual sex rather than being sloppy about it?
Reply 54
xxx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by Alt__x
Adequate precatuion? Most of us are more than capable of carrying a condom in our purse/wallet. That is fine for me.

So you don't carry a femidom? Or STI-testing kit? - that's where the dispensers would come in handy...
Reply 56
a) those under age who have sex are of the most concern
b) if people wanted to use protection they'd already be using it
Reply 57
xxx
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by rmhumphries
The condom isn't as tasty though :tongue:

I got given some chocolate condoms the other day. I don't understand - do vaginas have tastebuds?
That is a great idea OP, they should have some sort of machine that dispenses condoms and place them in bathrooms in pubs and clubs and some restaurants.

No-one has thought of that before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending