The Student Room Group

Snow

Scroll to see replies

My uni is closed for the day! I'm not too happy about it though because it's probably going to get rescheduled and I wanted to go home next week when my final essay is handed in. There's so much snow here - it looks beautiful but was a nightmare to walk home in last night. Three people offered to help me walk in the snow because I kept slipping down! I really want to go for a walk in it later but I don't know if I can be bothered with the wet and the cold.
Reply 361
Original post by Caprisun!

We're snowed in...

Holy hell :eek: I just want to jump on that table! :biggrin:

Original post by cymraesfach
My Spanish seminar today has been cancelled so I pretty much have a snow day. Nice.
Yesterday we spent the day making an igloo (spot the walrus):

That is awesome! We almost ended up building an igloo last night...but we couldn't be bothered in the end. I did build one a few years ago, using a lunch box to make 'bricks', but I got bored after about 3 layers of bricks
This is what I've been doing all morning lol (with the kids)

Reply 363
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
This is what I've been doing all morning lol (with the kids)

I love how you add 'with the kids' on the end like an excuse...I'm 21, I quite happily went snowboarding on a Ben 10 skateboard yesterday and built a snow man :p:
Original post by hobo06
I love how you add 'with the kids' on the end like an excuse...I'm 21, I quite happily went snowboarding on a Ben 10 skateboard yesterday and built a snow man :p:

haha well I'd probably not have mustered up the energy to be arsed to go outside and build one if it hadn't been for my kids wanting me to lol.
Not that I don't like making snowmen, I do once I get into it, but I'm totally knackered now lol. And starving. I'd have probably just gone 'sod it I can't be bothered' if it weren't for them :redface:
Original post by hobo06
That is awesome! We almost ended up building an igloo last night...but we couldn't be bothered in the end. I did build one a few years ago, using a lunch box to make 'bricks', but I got bored after about 3 layers of bricks

It takes a surprising amount of time and effort, doesn't it! Took us a good few hours and loads of us were at it!
been snowing since 9:00
Reply 367
Original post by cymraesfach
It takes a surprising amount of time and effort, doesn't it! Took us a good few hours and loads of us were at it!

Yeh it seemed like such a great idea at the time, a few hours later you're thinking 'what the **** did I do this for?!'
I do want to give it another go though, hopefully the snow will hang around until I've got some free time again...but clear up ready for getting to a gig in London next week (or at least make sure the trains are running!)
In Milton Keynes we'd had about 2cm's of the stuff. Not much at all compared to most of you lot! Bah!
Reply 369
It's been snowing steadily where I am pretty much all morning and there's like 20cm of snow now. We went into sixth form for an hour this morning and then they just sent us home. And we're so behind on our chemistry syllabus...it's not fair! :frown:
No God. I am not going to play a game of "find the roads under the snow" with you.

You win :nothing:
Reply 371
Yep, it's so pretty! :lovedup:
Almost constant snow in Sheffield. All my lectures/seminars are cancelled! Unfortunately, hospitals can't close due to bad weather, so might have to go to work to cover staff who are snowed in at home... I've already worked 2 extra shifts this week!

They've cancelled the bus service though, so might have to sledge into work later if I get called in! Fine on the way there, how do I get back up the endless hill home?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 373
Unfortunantely :nopity:
It's absolutely ridiculous in Leeds. About 30cm. College has been closed for two days so far.
We're snowed in. College has been cancelled for two days so far.
Reply 376
the snow is so deep here... and there are dudes wearing morphsuits going round pummeling people with snowballs!
Snow in Italy :biggrin: But, nothing shut down like it tends to do in Britain...in fact, it was business as usual, just with people wearing more layers and carrying wielding umbrellas, so they took up twice as much space on the bus. Some days I love being an hour-ish from the Alps :^_^:
Ugh i was excited aout my snow until i saw some of these pictures :P i've barely got 3 cm ¬.¬ college is still open, im still walking the mile and a half there ¬.¬
Reply 379
This is how much snow I've had :smile:

That's a flat table.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending