The Student Room Group

What does she want?

There's this girl who I've known and liked for around a month now. I'm pretty sure she liked me as well cos she seemed really interested in getting to know me,gave me her number, called me over to her place a couple of times with stupid excuses and we just ended up talking for a long time. I once asked her what she was doing on so-and-so day and she said, 'Nothing, but if you have something in mind, I'll keep myself free'. Also, she asked me if I'd like to come with her to this place because she didn't know how to get there. So yeah, at that point, I thought yeah she definitely likes me and I'm going to tell her I like her too.
So yesterday, I told her that I liked her and would like to get to know her better. I didn't ask her out or ask her if she wanted to be my girlfriend. I just said 'You know what, I like you'. She replies 'I've been told I'm not a very likeable person, so that's very flattering'. What do I do now? I just told her 'Well I think you're very likeable indeed, so what are you doing on Thursday?' She said 'Nothing, why, whats up on thursday?'. I said ' Wanna go grab a coffee?'. She hasn't replied yet.
What I'm really confused about is she gave me a lot of signals earlier that she liked me. And now when I told her I like her(didn't ask her out), she says she's not a very likeable person and is flattered. So does she like me or not?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yo, have you already posted this under another name? I could swear I saw this exact same situation earlier this week.
Reply 2
Original post by lastchristmas
There's this girl who I've known and liked for around a month now. I'm pretty sure she liked me as well cos she seemed really interested in getting to know me,gave me her number, called me over to her place a couple of times with stupid excuses and we just ended up talking for a long time. I once asked her what she was doing on so-and-so day and she said, 'Nothing, but if you have something in mind, I'll keep myself free'. Also, she asked me if I'd like to come with her to this place because she didn't know how to get there. So yeah, at that point, I thought yeah she definitely likes me and I'm going to tell her I like her too.
So yesterday, I told her that I liked her and would like to get to know her better. I didn't ask her out or ask her if she wanted to be my girlfriend. I just said 'You know what, I like you'. She replies 'I've been told I'm not a very likeable person, so that's very flattering'. What do I do now? I just told her 'Well I think you're very likeable indeed, so what are you doing on Thursday?' She said 'Nothing, why, whats up on thursday?'. I said ' Wanna go grab a coffee?'. She hasn't replied yet.
What I'm really confused about is she gave me a lot of signals earlier that she liked me. And now when I told her I like her(didn't ask her out), she says she's not a very likeable person and is flattered. So does she like me or not?

Yes she likes you. Girls go "oh no I'm not likeable, I'm so not pretty" to fish for compliments and reassurance.
Reply 3
Original post by Bonged.
Yes she likes you. Girls go "oh no I'm not likeable, I'm so not pretty" to fish for compliments and reassurance.

Or they're actually not interested and trying to nicely put you off. Sorry but it's true.
:iiam: She wants you to compliment her.
Reply 5
Original post by Mispar
Or they're actually not interested and trying to nicely put you off. Sorry but it's true.

well yeah but then they don't normally give the guy millions of signs that they like him
Reply 6
Original post by Mispar

Or just modest? Come to think of it if someone said I was a very likeable guy I'd probably go... huh cool. You'd be a bit of a dick to go lol, yeah I know I'm awesome.
she's teasing and leaving you to stew before saying yes

or she's looking for a way to let you down gently.
Reply 8
Original post by Mispar
Yo, have you already posted this under another name? I could swear I saw this exact same situation earlier this week.

no
Original post by silverbolt
she's teasing and leaving you to stew before saying yes

or she's looking for a way to let you down gently.

If this is the case then why would she go through all the effort to get to know him better up to a point she's calling him over to talk?
Reply 10
Original post by Willum Infanta
If this is the case then why would she go through all the effort to get to know him better up to a point she's calling him over to talk?

exactly my point and hence why i'm so bloody confused!
She sounds maybe a bit insecure but I think she likes you. Take charge and be the one to make it happen.
Hmm... quite tricky as she hasn't directly returned the feelings. She's either not interested, and gave you signals perhaps to gain a bit of flattering attention from you which would be s***, or she believes she feels the same way but may be acting cold down to past experiences. She sounds a little insecure but imo sounds interested, otherwise she wouldn't have contacted you so much. Either way, continue to see her and see how it goes.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by DanielleT192
Hmm... quite tricky as she hasn't directly returned the feelings. She's either not interested, and gave you signals perhaps to gain a bit of flattering attention from you which would be s***, or she believes she feels the same way but may be acting cold down to past experiences. She sounds a little insecure but imo sounds interested, otherwise she wouldn't have contacted you so much. Either way, continue to see her and see how it goes.

so i should ask her out to coffee tomorrow yeah?
Reply 14
Rampant intercourse. Now.

Won't do any harm \o/

Yeah of course. You could either regard it as a lunch-time date or two friends going out... just see how it goes :smile:.
Reply 17
right
Reply 18
Anyvan else?
Reply 19
??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending