The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Are police allowed to punch you in the face?

Scroll to see replies

Contact the independent police complaints commision with this info, they will investigate.
Reply 61
Original post by Bonged.
I can and so can every other objective person who has viewed that video.

Mindless hate? You are defending the right of an organisation to attack and kill the very people by whose consent it exists.

Very strange comment. It's mindless hate to throw an old man to the ground or beat peaceful female protesters with batons.

Your clearly not objective.

You clearly cannot read ether. You claim the police killed him. I told you there is not a definite cause of death and you respond with more ignorant claims. Nice one.
Reply 62
Original post by Jenny_Jazz
Contact the independent police complaints commision with this info, they will investigate.

no policeman has ever been convicted of murder or manslaughter for a death following police contact, though there have been more than 400 such deaths in the past ten years alone.
Reply 63
i think its totally ridiculous the disrespect people have for the police.

After the first protest when conservative HQ got smashed, the guardian complains the police did nothing.

After the second protest the guardian complains the police were too heavy handed.

Does the guardian just hate the police?

It's the same every single time, protesters spend hours and hours throwing missiles and injuring policemen they stand there and take it, and as soon as they retaliate they switch on the video cameras and start crying to the guardian. absolutely ****ing ridiculous.
Original post by Bonged.
no policeman has ever been convicted of murder or manslaughter for a death following police contact, though there have been more than 400 such deaths in the past ten years alone.

There is a proceesdure, you never know the police officer involved might get suspended or punished otherwise.
Reply 65
Original post by Aj12
Your clearly not objective.

You clearly cannot read ether. You claim the police killed him. I told you there is not a definite cause of death and you respond with more ignorant claims. Nice one.

The police threw him to the ground, resulting in his death from heart problems. That would be manslaughter in a court.

What ignorant claims? About the copper beating up a woman?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/04/15/article-1170010-0474B788000005DC-819_468x482.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1170010/Watchdog-receives-145-complaints-G20-police-protester-struck-officer-demands-compensation.html&usg=__IsQDjZoP5E3XC7S2cR478kMb4GM=&h=482&w=468&sz=100&hl=en&start=0&sig2=BkjMy5FNnIIfQIfkDh9rTw&zoom=1&tbnid=L-lWvDunip3JbM:&tbnh=157&tbnw=162&ei=AU72TK2VB4LtOcqW1M4I&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dg20%2Bwoman%2Bbaton%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1440%26bih%3D785%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=507&oei=6U32TIy2MIOKhQeMvq27BQ&esq=4&page=1&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:0&tx=64&ty=55

Btw, it's you're. If you're going to be condescending and rude at least spell your venom correctly. Sheesh.
Reply 66
There is a proceesdure, you never know the police officer involved might get suspended or punished otherwise.

Still. 400 deaths and no convictions?
Reply 67
Original post by Square

After the first protest when conservative HQ got smashed, the guardian complains the police did nothing.

After the second protest the guardian complains the police were too heavy handed.

Does the guardian just hate the police?

It's the same every single time, protesters spend hours and hours throwing missiles and injuring policemen they stand there and take it, and as soon as they retaliate they switch on the video cameras and start crying to the guardian. absolutely ****ing ridiculous.

Try being battered by pigs in a kettle. Changes your perspective.
Original post by bob'syouruncle
Today I attended the third day of protest in london, and while we were marching peacefully around london, there was a line of policemen alongside our march (presumably to keep watch and make sure we stayed non-violent). At certain times our path of walking was quite tight because of cars and buses so we had to squeeze through which meant we were quite close to the police and they would simply shove people away and even punched a friend of mine right in the face for simply walking.

So my question is, are they allowed to do this? We noted down the officers number but unfortunately no one filmed it.

yes they are allowed as long they can justify it.

Watch Coppers on 4oD, they explain it in further details
Reply 69
Original post by big-boss-91
yes they are allowed as long they can justify it.

Watch Coppers on 4oD, they explain it in further details

Justify it by whose standards? For "being a hippie" , "being a liberal". lol.
Original post by Bonged.
Still. 400 deaths and no convictions?

Yes that is worrying if true. Got a source for that?
Reply 71
Original post by Bunkd
Hopefully!
You aren't going to get punched short of being an abusive/aggressive ****; this is true in all walks of life.

Learn to not be a ****.

Is this your way of telling us that you get punched alot ?
Reply 72
Original post by toofaforu
i'd love to go to the protests and no do anything but laugh at the popo for how **** their job is, how badly paid they are, and how pathetic their lives are. it would give me great satisfaction to see their faces.

enjoying your oxford rejection?
Its not a surprise really.
Anyone who goes to football games will know how heavy handed the police can be at the best of times. Add that to the fact many hide their ID numbers (which is illegal) and the fact that allegations against them aren't really taken seriously at all, and its not surprising that they can get away with all of this.

Original post by Square

Yet you are fine with the disrespect the police have for other people?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 74
Yes that is worrying if true. Got a source for that?

http://www.overgroundonline.com/news-3882/london-protestors-march-for-police-manslaughter-and-murder-charge.html

Think it's in the guardian and other papers too.
Reply 75
They are allowed to use necessary force. Punching someone in the face is in most cases unnecessary. This isn't an act of trying to arrest, restrain or gain/stand ground. It's an unnecessary act of aggression. What can be achieved by punching someone in the face that can't be better achieved with simply pushing someone away ? If anything it's counter productive. Pushing someone away clears ground and enables you to stand your line of advance your line. Punching someone just creates havoc. I class that as completely unnecessary
Reply 76
Yes they can if they are able to justify why they did it. The police will always remain superior over us no matter what they do.
Tbh it serves your friend right for protesting against fee rises that are necessary to keep higher education alive in this country... *shrug*
Reply 78
In a civilised democracy - no. In the UK - yes, they can do whatever they want.
Original post by Hedgeman49
Tbh it serves your friend right for protesting against fee rises that are necessary to keep higher education alive in this country... *shrug*

So people aren't allowed to protest against what they think is wrong?
At the risk of invoking Godwin's law, perhaps you should google "First They Came". Being able to legally protest against something you feel is wrong without being victimised is an important part of a democratic society.

In any case, i also disagree with the rises being necessary. But thats another topic.

Latest

Trending

Trending