The Student Room Group

Which societies have the best socials..

Well ive been accepted into my first choice uni and am revising really hard to try and get in
so assuming i do get in i was hoping of joining the cheerleading society/ club so i can get back into it (haven't done it for a while) and so i can make a few friends and get involved with the socials.

But just out of interest which societies at YOUR uni have the best socials?
or if you're not a uni what unis do you think will

also are any of you thinking of societies you want to join? if so what?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I dare say everyone's likely to say the society that they're in. Also depends on what you're into, surely? One person's idea of a good social is likely to be very different from another person's.

I mean the real ale society I'm in, the socials in essence consist of going to the pub (we've also been to a beer festival-but that was in a pub-and played skittles-but that was in a pub too, and done a few pub crawls where we go to several pubs :biggrin:) and I can see that other people may find that quite boring. I love it though; it's a great way to get to know Cardiff, and my ability to go to my 9am lectures doesn't suffer (much). I can start off early in the evening, get very drunk and still end up in bed just after midnight. It's perfect for me. :smile:
Reply 2
Sheffield's best socials are organised by the Sociology society.
But I guess that might not be a real surprise... :wink:
Reply 3
I'm not at uni but I hear Law socials are meant to be good, posh dinners and balls and stuff. That's not really any use if you're not studying law though!
Rugby.
Reply 5
-subscribe-
The Law Soc at Oxford sounded pretty damn snazzy (never went myself) :cool:
Ultimate frisbee and archery :biggrin:
At Imperial the best socials were...

Spoiler

rugby obv
Nudist soc
Reply 11
deffo Rugby!!
Mainstream sports are usually quite active: hockey, football, rugby, etc.
Sports societies definitely look like they have the most fun. That's why I joined lacrosse this year.
Reply 14
Original post by -Invidious-
Rugby.

Ive heard Rugby is good.. but being a girl i wont be joining lol!
im joining cheerleading though hopefully and ive heard the cheerleaders, rugby and American football societies do things together?
Reply 15
Original post by Antonio87
deffo Rugby!!

im joining cheerleading though hopefully and ive heard the cheerleaders, rugby and American football societies do things together? :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by White Zenith
rugby obv

im joining cheerleading though hopefully and ive heard the cheerleaders, rugby and American football societies do things together?
Reply 17
Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan
Ultimate frisbee and archery :biggrin:

Ultimate Frisbee? whats that :O
also.. archery i tried at an open day, i was soooo bad at it. So wont be joining that :biggrin:
thanks though :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by heidigirl
I dare say everyone's likely to say the society that they're in. Also depends on what you're into, surely? One person's idea of a good social is likely to be very different from another person's.

I mean the real ale society I'm in, the socials in essence consist of going to the pub (we've also been to a beer festival-but that was in a pub-and played skittles-but that was in a pub too, and done a few pub crawls where we go to several pubs :biggrin:) and I can see that other people may find that quite boring. I love it though; it's a great way to get to know Cardiff, and my ability to go to my 9am lectures doesn't suffer (much). I can start off early in the evening, get very drunk and still end up in bed just after midnight. It's perfect for me. :smile:

Wow.. although that doesnt sound like my kind of thing, its amazing how many society things there are!
obviously different ones at different uni's though
Reply 19
Original post by La Esmerelda
Sports societies definitely look like they have the most fun. That's why I joined lacrosse this year.

Ah yeah.. thats why im thinking of joining cheerleading :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending