The Student Room Group

£70k starting salary!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Impossible
Original post by adam0311
okay, so we're predicting us salaries for 2013?

Changing your story now after being proven wrong?

Pointed out tiering difference because i just copied and pasted from your source.

*looks forward to a response full of personal attacks*

No. 2011 full time salaries Are all $70k. If you had even the slightest clue about this industry you'd know that.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by adam0311
Okay, so we're predicting US salaries for 2013?

Changing your story now after being proven wrong?

Pointed out tiering difference because I just copied and pasted from your source.

*looks forward to a response full of personal attacks*

Stop talking.
Reply 63
Original post by Lord_Farquad
No. 2011 full time salaries Are all $70k. If you had even the slightest clue about this industry you'd know that.

Are we talking for graduates from the TOP 5 universities or in general?
Original post by anradu
Are we talking for graduates from the TOP 5 universities or in general?

No we are talking about full time base salaries for first year analysts entering bulge bracket investment banks. Which, tend to recruit only at top 5 universities.
Reply 65
Hi everyone,

Let me take this opportunity to first introduce myself. I am 28 years old, graduated from Oxford University in 2003, worked in a start-up company for a few years then did my MBA at MIT Sloan. Since then been in the industry for the past 3 years working at a top tier IB in prime brokerage. Last time i checked my contract I was paid £6.5m base. In my first 2 years I was paid a good amount, much greater than £70k, much closer to around £4.5m base.
Original post by Mifou
*This is an industry of [taxpayer-subsidised] winners.

Not in my case kid.
Original post by drugs
Hi everyone,

Let me take this opportunity to first introduce myself. I am 28 years old, graduated from Oxford University in 2003, worked in a start-up company for a few years then did my MBA at MIT Sloan. Since then been in the industry for the past 3 years working at a top tier IB in prime brokerage. Last time i checked my contract I was paid £6.5m base. In my first 2 years I was paid a good amount, much greater than £70k, much closer to around £4.5m base.

Doubt it mate.
Reply 68
Original post by President_Ben
Not in my case kid.

Due to banks' exposure to each other the entire industry is subsidised by any bailout, whether you're tax-payer owned RBS or BNP Paribas. Not to mention the previously implicit and now confirmed guarantee of too-big-to-fail.
Original post by drugs
Hi everyone,

Abysmal trolling :facepalm2:
Original post by Mifou
Due to banks' exposure to each other the entire industry is subsidised by any bailout, whether you're tax-payer owned RBS or BNP Paribas. Not to mention the previously implicit and now confirmed guarantee of too-big-to-fail.

Maybe if the greedy joe public didn't take loans they couldn't afford we wouldn't be in this mess.
Reply 71
Original post by Lord_Farquad
Maybe if the greedy joe public didn't take loans they couldn't afford we wouldn't be in this mess.

Never said that wasn't also the case. The point was more to do with giving Ben's confidence a boost, humility is a damaging trait he could do without.

If you wanted to get into that debate though, I'd ask: who do you blame for a wrecked house, the kids or the adults who vied to provide them with the cheap extra-strength cider they couldn't handle before running away?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Mifou

Uhm President_Ben traded for a prop shop, not one of the IB's. That is also partly why his first year bonus was so much higher than what you would regularly see for a first year IB grad.
Reply 73
Original post by derivstrader
Uhm President_Ben traded for a prop shop, not one of the IB's. That is also partly why his first year bonus was so much higher than what you would regularly see for a first year IB grad.

And a prop shop doesn't have exposure in the same way the big IBs do?
Reply 74
Original post by Zweihander
Abysmal trolling :facepalm2:

Lets "assume" he is worth what he say. Then why the **** is he on this website?
Original post by Mifou

I hated the bailouts. I would have been absolutely minted like crazy if they didn't happen.
Reply 76
Original post by President_Ben
I hated the bailouts. I would have been absolutely minted like crazy if they didn't happen.

Ha, fair enough.
Reply 77
I wish people would stop saying that this guy has no chance because he's not doing a numerical degree.
Original post by Mifou
And a prop shop doesn't have exposure in the same way the big IBs do?

Honestly don't think you know what you are talking about. And stop talking as if bailouts were some sort of Christmas gift, they were loans/equity stakes that are now being paid back at a profit to the taxpayer.
Original post by derivstrader
Honestly don't think you know what you are talking about. And stop talking as if bailouts were some sort of Christmas gift, they were loans/equity stakes that are now being paid back at a profit to the taxpayer.

Unless you are Iceland, Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Spain - triggering something for the rest of the Eurozone and the UK... and Hungary. Latvia.

Those are the most obvious and direct ones anyway :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending