The Student Room Group

Drama School/University Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Zosie
Awesome! Good luck!

Thank you :smile:

For the interview project - the images part- can you use a picture that you've taken yourself?

..if the interview process was the same for you last year.

Tafara
Original post by erinholly
Does anyone know roughly any statistics on how many applicants get invited to audition vs. those who don't make it past the application stage? I know some schools/unis invite everyone who qualifies to attend to an audition, but not all do and I was just curious about the statistics :smile:

Central told me that they invite practically everyone for auditions an interviews who applied. wether this is actually true i dunno.
Reply 42
Original post by francescarella
Central told me that they invite practically everyone for auditions an interviews who applied. wether this is actually true i dunno.

I assume so, because they charge enough for each one! :redface:
Oooh yay! I've applied for Drama/Theatre Studies through UCAS and then to Guildhall for Stage Management :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by kittenwithawhip
Applied to:

Bristol
Surrey
UEA
Exeter
Queen Mary

has anyone else applied to these Unis?... Has anyone got any offers or auditions/interviews for wherever they've applied - (UCAS track has become my life!)

UEA were the only one who came right out and said - yes we will audition, all the others just referred to it as an 'interview'... I know there are only 16 places at UEA, 30 for Bristol and QM and around 20 for Surrey... that's not many :eek:...
fingers crossed for everyone :smile:

I've applied to Bristol for drama and french. Haven't heard a thing yet though...
Reply 45
Original post by allaboutdrama
I have an offer from Loughborough! So excited :smile:

So have I! AAB?
I've got an audition for University of Kent in a fortnight and I have one for Exeter 31st Jan-1st Feb!

Just waiting to hear from Rose Bruford now but I know they don't start giving out auditions until January time as they are between january and April!

Exeter is my first choice, fell in love with it on the open day, although Kent looks incredible because it is the equivalent of a Masters undergrad (MDrama) as it is for 4 years rather than 3! :smile:
xXx
Original post by holsta25
So have I! AAB?
I've got an audition for University of Kent in a fortnight and I have one for Exeter 31st Jan-1st Feb!

Just waiting to hear from Rose Bruford now but I know they don't start giving out auditions until January time as they are between january and April!

Exeter is my first choice, fell in love with it on the open day, although Kent looks incredible because it is the equivalent of a Masters undergrad (MDrama) as it is for 4 years rather than 3! :smile:
xXx

Yes AAB!

P.S You are a LIFESAVER!! My exeter date is next wednesday however due to snow my school play may be postponed to then, and as i'm a principle role i may have to change my exeter date to the one you are at! (if they let me)

yeah i was looking at Kent but felt it was a bit close to me (i live in Essex) - course looks amazing though!

Good luck with your application :smile: what are you predicted? :smile:

xxx
oooh i got an offer from RHUL for drama back in the day (2008) and it would have been my firm had i not got into Central :smile:
it's lush.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 48
I've applied to
Rose Bruford
RSAMD
CSSD
LIPA

I've been given an offer for performance sound at rose bruford and an interview for CSSD for theatre sound and RSAMD for technical and performance arts.

I quite like rose bruford, does anyone know anthing about it?
Interview at Salford :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by tactac
I've applied to
Rose Bruford
RSAMD
CSSD
LIPA

I've been given an offer for performance sound at rose bruford and an interview for CSSD for theatre sound and RSAMD for technical and performance arts.

I quite like rose bruford, does anyone know anthing about it?

Have you been to an open day?
Its really really lovely, very chilled out at the same time as being a drama school.
I kinda got the feeling that rose bruford was very unique among drama schools, every single person there is different, they're interested in YOU aha
Heyy.. I'm applying for Stage Management / Technical Theatre / You know all the variations hehe :wink:

Through UCAS: Central, Mountview, East 15, Rose Bruford, Birmingham School of Acting
Private: LAMDA, RADA, Guildford, Bristol

Interviews at LAMDA + Guildford gonna be rescheduled because of the snow..
Interview at Central on 21st Dec
Interview at Bristol on 13th Jan

Sooo nervous but sooooo excited =D Hehe..
xxx
if anyone's got an interview this thurs at Central I'm gonna be there with you all helping out :smile:
Original post by allaboutdrama
ahhh well done so do i! when is yours?

It's a 2 day workshop - 31/01/11 and now have an interview at QMUL next Wednesday!.. :smile:
Still waiting on Bristol - UEA and Surrey.....
Reply 54
Got an interview at RWCMD!!!!!!! :biggrin: wohhoo
:biggrin:
Original post by TaffyBexx
Got an interview at RWCMD!!!!!!! :biggrin: wohhoo

(Y) Likes =] When is it ?
heyyy well donee!! =D hehe
GSA interview rearranged for 5th January xxx
My best friend just got a place at Guildhall! :smile:
Original post by Lazyman
Really? For Drama? Do you mean a place or just a call back because they don't do their final round auditions until the end of May:smile:

For Stage Management :smile: So a definite place!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending