The Student Room Group

Should there be a 'TSR single's night' for those on here who can't get a bf or gf?

Scroll to see replies

Sounds absolutely terrifying.
same id meet a count!
Original post by rmhumphries
I am sure I have heard of the idea of a H&R meet before :tongue:

I think it would be a laugh myself, plus - who said you can't be anon there:

Surely masquerade? ;o
Reply 63
Original post by effofex
Heterosexual females would greater outnumber heterosexual males.

I'm in.

Original post by Anonymous
Would be cool if the majority weren't undergrads :P

No offense!! Although I am open to possibilities, I doubt I could take someone younger than myself seriously.

And I am a female who can't seem to meet anyone. Though having a TSR date night would take away the joy on anonymity.

Hello there. I'm not an undergrad :biggrin:
Original post by chemical_bex
Sounds absolutely terrifying.

Dont worry, I'll be gentle.
Original post by Beadle's About
I just had a thought...since there's always posts on here saying 'I'm 17 and never had a bf!!!' or 'I'm 20 and still a virgin!!!' etc etc....well shouldn't we organise some sort of 'TSR single's night' for anyone in the 'Health & Relationships' forum so all these lonely/desperate souls can meet each other and potentially hook up with each other?

What do you think?

So, whats the verdict? I reckon quite a lot of ppl would trn up. No reason it should only be 4 singles though. Relationships need not be the goal at all. I just think it would be cool 2 meet all of u wierods in real. So how about it? I suggest u start a poll 2 see how many ppl would come and preffered locations. I 4 one will come if its at a weekend and not 2 far away, it will be such a laugh:colondollar:
Reply 66
I may be desperate, I'm not that desperate :biggrin:

Kidding, but I doubt it would happen. TSR members are all around the UK
Reply 67
Original post by professortobe
So, whats the verdict? I reckon quite a lot of ppl would trn up. No reason it should only be 4 singles though. Relationships need not be the goal at all. I just think it would be cool 2 meet all of u wierods in real. So how about it? I suggest u start a poll 2 see how many ppl would come and preffered locations. I 4 one will come if its at a weekend and not 2 far away, it will be such a laugh:colondollar:

would you actually organise this? like seriously?
Original post by damidude

just feeling out whether or not to get your hopes up eh?
:rolleyes:
Truthfully there is a reason they are single. Usually a lack of confidence, a few short comings and high standards coupled with the fact they they are nearly always "in love" with their best friend. This means that a single's night is unlikely to suceed but will end up a self pitying drown your sorrows party.

So unless Men's Health cover models are meeting up with Cosmo cover girls, then this plan isn't going to work.

If we get these chatting online first it may work.
It would be a massive dickfest
Reply 71
Original post by alpha-beta1

Original post by alpha-beta1
just feeling out whether or not to get your hopes up eh?
:rolleyes:

YEAH!

No you're getting your hopes up because deep down you know its not going to work. It would simply be too akward.
I keep trying to stop reading TSR but some of these threads are just immense. Like, this is possibly the worst idea ever in the entire history of the internets, ever. But I've got this image in my mind of what a "TSR speed dating" event would look like, and I literally keep bursting out laughing.
Reply 73
Maybe these people can't get a gf or bf for a reason.
Reply 74
I would love to go, and just watch (i'm not single :wink:)

I can imagine only a couple of lads turning up, man that'd be awkward, that's the kind awkwardness i'd be there to see. The participants wouldn't be allowed to approach me though, i'm just there to watch the night pan out...
I had to give up shagging girls I met over the internet as it was costing me too much buying condoms (tried buying them in bulk from Costco's but it only slowed the debt down). Once had a foursome with three girls I met off a Stargate forum and that was the final straw as that cost way over a tenner.

Anyway have fun I'm sure it wont be as bad as my experience x x x
Original post by damidude

Dont think i would organise it, i got better things 2 do, Id leave it 2 the OP. Its a wierd thing 2 do but hey this is a weird site frequented by wierd ppl and im curious 2 know what u r all like in real. It would just be one night of fun and wouldnt do anyone any harm and if any of the lonely souls meet the loves of their lives there the OP can give himself a pat on the back. will u cum?
Reply 77
Can i Super Moderate a Singles Night Forum cus i am the biggest loser on here?
Reply 78
But surely it'd end up being a cock fest.
Not going to deny. I love this idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending