The Student Room Group

girls, would you be ok if your bf...

went to strip clubs?

my boyfriend is going on a "lads only" weekend away in a fortnight for a friends birthday, and as far as i'm aware, there wont be any sight-seeing on the agenda - the main activity will involve heavy drinking and strip clubs.

he's been completely honest and open with the fact that he's going to these strip joints, which i appreciate, but i still hate the idea of him sitting there watching naked girls writhing about on stage.

i definitely wouldn't even think about forbidding him or anything, i mean i'm not the boss of him and i trust him, but i just really hate the idea of it. what do you people think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
xxx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
I think you should calm down. He's been honest and told you which is more than alot can say.

Strippers are there as a form of entertainment. So just live and let live.
Reply 3
Well he isn't goig to be getting anything from them unless it's one of those strip clubs in which case he'll get syph instead.
Reply 4
I'd be absolutely fine with it. I'd be glad he told me, and also reassured that strippers have limits about what can be done to them.
calm down, it's not like he's gonna cheat on you
Reply 6
Nope. I wouldnt like it. What woman would be totally happy with another woman shoving her arse in her boyfriend's face?
Reply 7
Your feelings are perfectly justified. As a guy, I would never do such a thing, largely because a 'lads only weekend' sounds like hell on Earth. I certainly would not tolerate a gf watching naked men gyrate around her. I also don't agree with these places morally.
Reply 8
Nah I wouldn't be happy about it but TBH its not the sort of thing he'd do fortunately!
Original post by York2010
Nah I wouldn't be happy about it but TBH its not the sort of thing he'd do fortunately!

I bet he does lol
Reply 10
His first mistake was telling you.
Guys will be guys.

Tbf, I had to watch my bf have a stripper for his 18th birthday and well, I blanked most of it out. Probably because she was more than twice his age. But that's a whole other story..

On a serious note, I would be a little anxious (I'm typically insecure sometimes) but as long as it was "look and don't grab" it wouldn't bother me excessively. Don't worry about it - it's purely entertainment.

If you're so worried, hire a male stripper the same weekend :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by staring.space

Not a bad idea actually. See if he gets upset about that idea.
Reply 13
Original post by staring.space
Guys will be guys.

Tbf, I had to watch my bf have a stripper for his 18th birthday and well, I blanked most of it out. Probably because she was more than twice his age. But that's a whole other story.. :|

On a serious note, I would be a little anxious (I'm typically insecure sometimes) but as long as it was "look and don't grab" it wouldn't bother me excessively. Don't worry about it - it's purely entertainment.

Lol yeah tell him your having a male stripper round yours :|
Let him know your concerns. It probably won't stop him from going (and I wouldn't expect it to), but I think a fluid dialogue is necessary in a healthy relationship. No point in telling him you're okay with it if you're not.

Original post by Antonia87
Nope. I wouldnt like it. What woman would be totally happy with another woman shoving her arse in her boyfriend's face?

I'm honestly very surprised. I didn't expect that.
Erm, it depends on the context. If I knew he was being dragged there by his laddish mates and was just going along with it rolling his eyes (which would prob be the case) then I wouldn't mind. If I thought he initiated it, or helped organise, or even if I thought he was enthusiastic about it, I'd definitely mind.
Reply 16
I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't try and ban him from it or anything. Like others have said, you should feel reassured that he's told you and that there's going to be a limit of what the strippers are going to do anyway. Me and my boyfriend have a "look but don't touch" rule - so as long as it stayed within that, then I'd be ok :tongue:
My boyfriend asked me if I would care if he ever went to one. I said it might bother me a little if I'm honest.

He then told me I wasn't his wife, and therefore I have no say whatsoever.
Wouldn't like it, can't really stop him from going though.
Plus what others have strippers have a limit anyway.
Original post by Nkhan
Lol yeah tell him your having a male stripper round yours :|

I was joking, essentially. I was trying to get across the idea that OP's boyfriend should be just as comfortable the other way round if he's going to a strip club himself.

S'all about trust.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending