The Student Room Group

What did you get in your Mocks?

Hey...What did you guys get in your mocks?

How many subjects did you do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
In my mocks I got B's C's and D's. I didn't put any effort into them, they aren't worth stressing over. I did 12 subjects.
About a quarter of the way through mine.
friday.... yaaaay. tbh I'm not too bothered cos they don't mean anything really. I did all my subject bar 2 so 11. My school are a bit crazy. they're treated like actual real exams. :s-smilie:
Ugh Mocks.

Start them tommorow, my school are treating them like they're important as well. It sucks, you need to get 48 points from them to get an offer from the school -.-.
Got 6 A and 4 A*s- They're are very important, they use them to make a predicted grade for you, which is what will be sent of to sixth forms/colleges.
Original post by Obscenedilemma
Got 6 A and 4 A*s- They're are very important, they use them to make a predicted grade for you, which is what will be sent of to sixth forms/colleges.

*They're very important.

Your predicted grade in English might differ. :biggrin:
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
*They're very important.

Your predicted grade in English might differ. :biggrin:

I see what you mean- with c/w and whatnot. But there is no reason why for example if you got an A* in you mock paper (for both Eng Lit & Lang) that you shouldn't get at least a minimum of A as predicted.
Original post by Obscenedilemma
I see what you mean- with c/w and whatnot. But there is no reason why for example if you got an A* in you mock paper (for both Eng Lit & Lang) that you shouldn't get at least a minimum of A as predicted.

Oh definitely. It's a lot more accurate rather than them trying to pull out some statistics from your year 7 work like idiots. -_-
I don't know they never told me :/
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Oh definitely. It's a lot more accurate rather than them trying to pull out some statistics from your year 7 work like idiots. -_-

I know exactly what you mean! Our school system takes your CATS and SATS exams into account to come up with a predicted grade. Bloody stupid I know.
Reply 11
We just done our science ones
i do OCR gateway separates and got A* in physics A in Chemistry and B in biology it was pretty difficult i expected C's.
for those that are in year 11 i don't understand why you don't take mocks seriously, those are the grades the colleges are looking for when they get references so if you don't bother much it won't look that great.
Revised - loads. Go to a state school where the teachers give you zero exam prep -.-

Had to take it upon myself to get me ready, got 5A*s5As.
Reply 13
In my school mocks are important because it determines whether or not you get entered for Foundation. If you got below a C in Maths or English for example, then you'd probably sit the Foundation in the real exam.

Colleges also ask for them but who says you have to give your real results? :smile: What they don't know, won't hurt them.

Nevertheless, I got:

History - 39/50 (B?)
English Lanauge - Not sure, probably an A.
Geography - Couldn't be bothered to go.
Citizenship - A or A*
Maths - B
Science - C (missed out on stupid marks)

I'm doing 10 subjects.
Reply 14
I've got three B's so far (chemistry, physics, biology), others haven't been marked yet.
Reply 15
Got two A'S and a B at the minute but really its no indication of how i'll do in the real things as i did't put any effort into them.
Reply 16
Maths - A
English - C
Biology - C
Physics - A
Chemistry - A
Geography - F
Art - C
Spanish - C

Did quite a bit better in the actual GCSEs though
Reply 17
Mocks aren't a big deal.. Wait till you get to A levels :s-smilie:
Maths - A
Physics - A
Chemistry - B
Latin - A
Critical Thinking - C
Reply 19
So far A* in English lang, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and History (93/100) :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest