The Student Room Group

Looks vs height vs build vs confidence in a club (for a guy)

Scroll to see replies

Height is important because it gets you noticed in the cramped areas that are clubs. Build achieves roughly the same effect. Looks are for phase two, when you emerge back into the street. Confidence comes automatically with the 3 others.
So a tall jacked guy should theoretically do well in clubs? I really should get out more as I'm 189cm and 96kg of muscle (6'2" and 15 stones or something like that) but I've only been to a club twice in my entire life.
However this only solves half the problem- say a girl came up to you, what does one do then? (I'm being serious here, I really don't know)
Reply 22
5'4 or above.
Not extra skinny or extra fat.
Good Looks
Not bothered by confidence. I'm more attracted to quieter well spoken guys
Original post by bino756
5'4 or above.
Not extra skinny or extra fat.
Good Looks
Not bothered by confidence. I'm more attracted to quieter well spoken guys

and you think a girl actually cares about a quiet well spoken guy when she's in a noisy club and off her face?

lol :rofl:
Reply 24
Original post by xfactorfan
and you think a girl actually cares about a quiet well spoken guy when she's in a noisy club and off her face?

lol :rofl:
that's where I always find myself but I don't drink.
Reply 25
Looks, build and height kind of go together. They all have something to do with how good you look.
One of my friends is all about the build - if she sees a guy with a good body then she can cope with an ok face. For me, it's more about the face/ hair. Height isn't really an issue because I'm only 5 ft 2" so pretty much all guys are taller than me!
Confidence isn't important as people seem to think...the girl can always approach the guy. As long as they aren't that shy that they don't make any effort at all and cower in a corner then it's fine. It's good to act approachable and smile though :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
So a tall jacked guy should theoretically do well in clubs? I really should get out more as I'm 189cm and 96kg of muscle (6'2" and 15 stones or something like that) but I've only been to a club twice in my entire life.
However this only solves half the problem- say a girl came up to you, what does one do then? (I'm being serious here, I really don't know)

Dance with/rub against her! I don't know if you're good looking or not, but at least she'll feel somewhat attracted to your build/height.
Reply 27
The most important thing that dictates whether I get girls is my haircut. I never understood why I didn't get any girls on some nights and loads on other nights. You need a haircut that fits the shape of your face. It is vitally important- I know very plain/average looking guys who get plenty of girls and they are built like little fags and are nothing special looking whatsoever. It has to be the haircut they have that makes them look good.

edit: V-cut haircuts are pretty good. My mate has a proper baby face and has some dodgy side parting and gets lots of girls, cause his hair is good. Don't get really short haircuts cause they look crap. Thank me later.
(edited 13 years ago)
I don't care about any of that as long as she's fit
Original post by Lamps08
The most important thing that dictates whether I get girls is my haircut. I never understood why I didn't get any girls on some nights and loads on other nights. You need a haircut that fits the shape of your face. It is vitally important- I know very plain/average looking guys who get plenty of girls and they are built like little fags and are nothing special looking whatsoever. It has to be the haircut they have that makes them look good.

fair play. what cuts do they like?
Reply 30
Original post by doodle7
Looks, build and height kind of go together. They all have something to do with how good you look.
One of my friends is all about the build - if she sees a guy with a good body then she can cope with an ok face. For me, it's more about the face/ hair. Height isn't really an issue because I'm only 5 ft 2" so pretty much all guys are taller than me!
Confidence isn't important as people seem to think...the girl can always approach the guy. As long as they aren't that shy that they don't make any effort at all and cower in a corner then it's fine. It's good to act approachable and smile though :smile:

Hey what haircut do you like? I have been noticing this has a huge impact on my success rates. I really wish someone told me about this ages ago....
Reply 31
Original post by rugbyladosc
fair play. what cuts do they like?

All I know is that if i a good haircut I look much better. With a good haircut alot of people always comment on it and my general appearance, and nothing has ever changed besides my haircut so it must be my haircut lol.

I usually just get a short back and sides, and have it cut choppy(?) I think my barber said. I think most people go for V-cuts like my barber has and it looks pretty good. This new barber and said he fades it or something at the back and sides. It just seems to makes my face a better shape after the cut, so i look better.

edit: But it depends on the person as to what haircut they get. Some people look good with really short hair for example. Try and go to a very good barber to get some ideas. There's one in fulham broadway called Jason Shankey which is suppossed to be good. Someone screwed up my haircut recently because my new barber was away so i shaved it all off and it looks crap now lol.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by Lamps08
Hey what haircut do you like? I have been noticing this has a huge impact on my success rates. I really wish someone told me about this ages ago....

Haha I thought it was just me that has the hair fetish - it probably isn't representative of the female species! Personally, I like short dark hair. Styled. A bit of gel/ wax goes a long way! Google Penn Badgley :smile:
Some of my friends prefer the slightly longer haired look. Try Chase Crawford. Depends on the guy I guess, but both are good!
Reply 33
Original post by M1F2R3
I don't think many women are into small men.

Height seems to always be the deal breaker. I know a LOT of women, and height is the only 'requirement' that ALWAYS comes up.
Reply 34
Original post by doodle7
Haha I thought it was just me that has the hair fetish - it probably isn't representative of the female species! Personally, I like short dark hair. Styled. A bit of gel/ wax goes a long way! Google Penn Badgley :smile:
Some of my friends prefer the slightly longer haired look. Try Chase Crawford. Depends on the guy I guess, but both are good!

I look like Penn Badgley, probably better actually lol:biggrin: actually defo better
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 35
mostly confidence then looks then height then build
who agrees
Reply 36
Original post by Lamps08
I look like Penn Badgley, probably better actually lol:biggrin: actually defo better

Ha in that case, marry me? :tongue:
Reply 37
Original post by INTJ
Height seems to always be the deal breaker. I know a LOT of women, and height is the only 'requirement' that ALWAYS comes up.

It is very important but don't be fooled into thinking height is everything. It is probably for the really good looking girls, but you can be Mr. Average and do better than a tall guy if you simply change your haircut and clothes for example.

edit: Also build really isn't too important. The first thing girls notice and pay attention to is your face.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by Lamps08
It is very important but don't be fooled into thinking height is everything. It is probably for the really good looking girls, but you can be Mr. Average and do better than a tall guy if you simply change your haircut and clothes for example.

Clothes make a difference, I agree, but hair... well, it can be improved, but essentially a good looking face is a good looking face. If you are attractive, any haircut will look good (except a comb-over, of course). But I agree, height isn't always everything. A good sense of humour and exuberant personality will trump most things...and wit.
Reply 39
Original post by doodle7
Ha in that case, marry me? :tongue:

If you look better Katy Perry (or Suzi Perry ) then you got yourself a deal young lady :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending