The Student Room Group

Looks vs height vs build vs confidence in a club (for a guy)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Lamps08
If you look better Katy Perry (or Suzi Perry ) then you got yourself a deal young lady :tongue:

Oh Katy Perry has nothing on me... *Dreams*
Original post by robotwars
how important are these things relative to each other when you're in a club, for a guy?

to avoid any confusion:

looks - what your face looks like

height - how tall you are

build - skinny, fat, muscly etc.

confidence - self explanatory

i know there will be people who say its all about confidence blah blah blah. but if you're a 5 foot, fat, ugly guy, you won't get anything even with masses of confidence.

I'm the opposite, I think a good looking (good looks, good heigh, good build) guy who is modest, or even shy, is extremely cute :smile:
I'd say maybe height is less important as long as they're taller than me.
For me build is pretty important but also looks
I guess with good looks and good build come confidence?

WOW im officially the shallowest person ever :/
Reply 43
Original post by INTJ
Clothes make a difference, I agree, but hair... well, it can be improved, but essentially a good looking face is a good looking face. If you are attractive, any haircut will look good (except a comb-over, of course). But I agree, height isn't always everything. A good sense of humour and exuberant personality will trump most things...and wit.

I disagree with the haircut thing. Anyone can look different with a different haircut, therefore this proves your point completely invalid Sir.

edit: the shape of your haircut/affects affects the shape of your face. You can change the shape of your haircut/top of head but not your face. People judge you on your face.....
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by Lamps08
I disagree with the haircut thing. Anyone can look different with a different haircut, therefore this proves your point completely invalid Sir.

Not really, because it's subjective. But, if you look at typically 'pretty' people (men, that is) you will notice that women fall over each other for them even when they change their haircut. Johnny Depp has had dreads, a shaved head, medium hair, spiky hair, but always been regarded as very attractive. Similarly, you could give an incredible haircut to, say, the child catcher from Chitty Bang Bang, and he'd still look awful.
Reply 45
Original post by doodle7
Oh Katy Perry has nothing on me... *Dreams*

What about Suzi Perry? Maybe get a new haircut....
Reply 46
Original post by Lamps08
What about Suzi Perry? Maybe get a new haircut....

My hair's better :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by INTJ
Not really, because it's subjective. But, if you look at typically 'pretty' people (men, that is) you will notice that women fall over each other for them even when they change their haircut. Johnny Depp has had dreads, a shaved head, medium hair, spiky hair, but always been regarded as very attractive. Similarly, you could give an incredible haircut to, say, the child catcher from Chitty Bang Bang, and he'd still look awful.

But if you dont have a decent haircut it doesn't bring out your facial features. I'm talking from alot of feedback here mate. Some of my problem may have to do with a slight ridge on the left side of my head caused by my brother hitting me with a baseball bat when i was younger, but i have so many bumps on the top of my head and its not symetrical and thats what getting a good haircut provides your face with.
Reply 48
Original post by doodle7
My hair's better :smile:

Lol. I'm gonna cut it all off whilst you're sleeping tonight :biggrin:
Reply 49
Original post by emilylikeeee
I'm the opposite, I think a good looking (good looks, good heigh, good build) guy who is modest, or even shy, is extremely cute :smile:
I totally agree. You seem to be the only one on here with the same opinion as me (except i'm not bothered too much about height. I'm 5'6 and my ex was 5'4) Too shy though and it gets a bit annoying.
Reply 50
xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mirin?
Rule of thumb, everything counts, women are very shallow. Disregard females, acquire aesthetics and currency.

Sounds like a rule of acquisition.
Reply 52
Original post by Lamps08
But if you dont have a decent haircut it doesn't bring out your facial features. I'm talking from alot of feedback here mate. Some of my problem may have to do with a slight ridge on the left side of my head caused by my brother hitting me with a baseball bat when i was younger, but i have so many bumps on the top of my head and its not symetrical and thats what getting a good haircut provides your face with.

I'm talking from feedback, also :P Even bald guys get loads of women if they have good bone structure, eyes and body etc. Bone structure is almost always the most important. There is a reason why Brad Pitt and many others were considered incredibly good looking even with shaved heads/very short hair. And you don't need a perfectly round head to look good with short hair. Look at Patrick Stewart :wink:
Reply 53
Original post by Bakerzoid
Proof?

You clearly...:biggrin:
Reply 54
xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by INTJ
I'm talking from feedback, also :P Even bald guys get loads of women if they have good bone structure, eyes and body etc. Bone structure is almost always the most important. There is a reason why Brad Pitt and many others were considered incredibly good looking even with shaved heads/very short hair. And you don't need a perfectly round head to look good with short hair. Look at Patrick Stewart :wink:

The bone structure of your face not the top of your head though lol.
Reply 56
Original post by Lamps08
The bone structure of your face not the top of your head though lol.

The bone structure at the top of your head is largely the same as everyone else's. Yes, there are variations, but, generally, a bald head is a bald head, lol. If you have a good face, it would be fine, as is evidenced by many people/celebrities.
Reply 57
Original post by INTJ
The bone structure at the top of your head is largely the same as everyone else's. Yes, there are variations, but, generally, a bald head is a bald head, lol. If you have a good face, it would be fine, as is evidenced by many people/celebrities.

I think it mainly depends on the width of your head. Wider is better for short cuts. if you looks at vid's on youtube of haircut time lapses you can see how a haircut changes one's appearance dramatically. You can make your face seem wider/narrower/more symetrical with the right haircut.
Reply 58
Original post by Lamps08
I think it mainly depends on the width of your head. Wider is better for short cuts. if you looks at vid's on youtube of haircut time lapses you can see how a haircut changes one's appearance dramatically. You can make your face seem wider/narrower/more symetrical with the right haircut.

It changes to a degree, but doesn't make the person more or less handsome. They either have a good looking face or they don't. Ironically, I have seen lots of videos of guys shaving their heads for a laugh, and they actually look better! Even the women's comments are all positive :tongue:
Reply 59
Im 6"2 as well, do you get much nookie?

Quick Reply

Latest