The Student Room Group

Too many problems, NEED HELP, think i am going to have a breakdown HELP

I KNOW THIS IS LONG BUT PLEASE HELP.

I dont quite know were to start so ill jump right in. I went to a terrible secondary school, i got bullied very badly by loads of horrid people, I live in a very bad eria and still do and this is the reason i went to a terrible school. I faced daily torture and used to fake illness to get out of school. I felt ill and got sick most mornings due to fear. I got my gcse results and i did not do to well (Bs). I thought that going to a better sixth form would be the end of it, i now attend a "very good" fee paying school accross town. It started ok but a month in and its the same :frown:, i get made fun off everyday for no reason. I am a nice, kind, and good person, i am not akward or anything but i am kinda sensitive and i think horrible people just target me due to this. Their are a few people who are nice but i have no one to talk to, my mother and i do not get along, she suffers from depression and switches and gets angry and shouts at me for no reason sometimes. My siblings all have many emotional problems too, my family is very poor and we live in a horrible part of my city full of rudeboys, crackheads, prostitutes, and drugdealers. I am currently doing my as levels but they are going terrribly, i cannot study as i allways feel depressed and fustrated. Along with this i also suffer from A.D.D and now find it hard to concentrate on anything for a substantial length of time. I am actually going to fail my exams and do not know what to do , i have allways wanted to study medicine and with my gcses i need to get straght As to have any sort of chance. People in my school tell me "you are never going to be able to do it, you have to be really clever and you are not" :frown: , who are they to tell me this. I feel like giving up, i cant stand it anymore, i cry all the time and think i am going to have a breakdown. Please help me. please. I know some of you may think this is a troll but please, i feel like giving up and i really need some help. :frown:
Reply 1
bump, please help
Awww, it's ok, calm down!! :smile:
If you'd like to feel a bit better about yourself read my 'Feel Good Thread...' though please ignore the troll replies :tongue: It is very long and contains a lot of smilies, and though it may not be 100% relevant to your situation, it may make you feel a bit better :smile:
You are not alone. It is exceedingly important that you know that!! :smile:
If you'd like a good old chat about your problems and stuff please feel free to PM me, I cannot promise I'll be on here for hours tonight but I will try my best to help/advise where I can :smile:
If I had the time I'd reel off a load of info now, but other than that I'm also exceedingly tired, but please feel free to talk to me if ya wish!! :smile:
Reply 3
Ok well first of all?

School is a hard place sometimes to grow up but when you get out of that bubble it gets a lot better. You should remember that life is so short and you cant waste it being miserable on things you can change.

Maybe A Levels arent for you? Its not a bad thing. A friend of mine didnt like A Levels (she got A*'s-B's for GCSE) and she got a job and worked her way up and now loves what she does and earns a good amount.

Where you live? That can change with time. Once you get your feet on the ground you have options, so dont let it affect you as it wont last forever.

The only thing I can really tell you is; if you want your life to change enough it will. Just because things are bad doesnt mean they always will be. Just decide what you want, reach for it and youll be surprised where you could end up :smile:
Original post by ~*Horse_Mad*~
Awww, it's ok, calm down!! :smile:
If you'd like to feel a bit better about yourself read my 'Feel Good Thread...' though please ignore the troll replies :tongue: It is very long and contains a lot of smilies, and though it may not be 100% relevant to your situation, it may make you feel a bit better :smile:
You are not alone. It is exceedingly important that you know that!! :smile:
If you'd like a good old chat about your problems and stuff please feel free to PM me, I cannot promise I'll be on here for hours tonight but I will try my best to help/advise where I can :smile:
If I had the time I'd reel off a load of info now, but other than that I'm also exceedingly tired, but please feel free to talk to me if ya wish!! :smile:

This. I actually know what you feel like- had a very tough time @ primary school and what you might call a broken home, I also want to do medicine. Just focus on that goal and don't give up on yourself--even when other people tell you you are not clever enough or whatever just work as hard as you can because you really never know what you can achieve- you will surprise yourself :smile: Keep going xxx
Reply 5
i now attend a "very good" fee paying school accross town, but you are poor?
I don't doubt your story, but just sayin'.
Reply 6
I feel so bad for you!

All I can say is that firstly B's for gcse are good, so don't be down about that, there are some people out there who would kill for B's so be proud of yourself. Especially as your situation doesn't seen the easiest.

With regard to the bullying, I know how you feel, could it be that the people you feel are bullying you are actually just being a bit offhand at times?

I know a few years ago I moved from a private school where it was tiny classes and everyone knew each other to a state school where there were huge classes. I felt as if certain people were targeting me, but a few years on I've realised that that is just their character, nothing to do with me.

If you feel as if it does become out of hand though, I know people always say this but you should tell someone. Be it a teacher, trusted friend, tutor, parent or I don't know if your school do it but peer mentors? They can be there to lend a supportive ear when you need it. Alternatively you could ring childline for professional advice :smile:

You know your area? It may be ****ty but you can get out of it in a couple of years! It doesn't reflect on you in any way so don't feel bad about that, loads of people live in crappy areas (including me) so all you can do is put up with it.

Now I know you said that you can't concentrate and get frustrated with school work, try doing what I do. If you get homework do it in little bits over a few days, that way the work load seems to diminish. :smile:

And to all the people who say you can't do it? Keep telling yourself you CAN do it, and when you get into a good university for medicine you can look back and say HA I did do it! Who knows maybe the people who said that will be the ones in the gutter?

Again all I can stress is talk about your problems, god knows thats the thing that helps the most. When you get your problems in the open they can begin to be sorted, if you keep if bottled up then it will build and build.

I really hope your situation gets better soon! It must be awful to feel like this :frown:

Ps. Sorry for the really long post, you don't have to read it all if you dont want to.

Tl;dr Talk about your problems, get it out in the open because then you can begin to find a solution. Childline, tutor, friend, peer mentor, parent... it doesn't matter :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Lionslayer
woah, i'm not reading that, go have a break down

you could've said that in your head an moved on.......

Aw maan. :frown:
Well you should know there are tonz of people on here that
A. Will relate to parts of/everything you are feeling and
B. Will deffinetly listen and talk to you..

So you're not alone.. :smile: Keep tough!
Reply 8
Original post by tehforum
i now attend a "very good" fee paying school accross town, but you are poor?
I don't doubt your story, but just sayin'.

I got a scholership, Allthough i did badly at gcse (Bs and one A) i was in the top 5% in my old school. i guess they likes me at interview?
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous

I dont quite know were to start so ill jump right in. I went to a terrible secondary school, i got bullied very badly by loads of horrid people, I live in a very bad eria and still do and this is the reason i went to a terrible school. I faced daily torture and used to fake illness to get out of school. I felt ill and got sick most mornings due to fear. I got my gcse results and i did not do to well (Bs). I thought that going to a better sixth form would be the end of it, i now attend a "very good" fee paying school accross town. It started ok but a month in and its the same :frown:, i get made fun off everyday for no reason.

How are you made fun of? Is it malicious? It could be misinterpreted banter?

I am a nice, kind, and good person, i am not akward or anything but i am kinda sensitive and i think horrible people just target me due to this. Their are a few people who are nice but i have no one to talk to, my mother and i do not get along, she suffers from depression and switches and gets angry and shouts at me for no reason sometimes. My siblings all have many emotional problems too, my family is very poor and we live in a horrible part of my city full of rudeboys, crackheads, prostitutes, and drugdealers. I am currently doing my as levels but they are going terrribly, i cannot study as i allways feel depressed and fustrated. Along with this i also suffer from A.D.D and now find it hard to concentrate on anything for a substantial length of time.

Have you spoke to a doctor or a counsellor of some sort about you're feeling?

I am actually going to fail my exams and do not know what to do , i have allways wanted to study medicine and with my gcses i need to get straght As to have any sort of chance.

Without A's in GCSE's it's harder to get into medicine but far from impossible. You can change it around with your AS, and show that you're more focused.

Exams are in January, you have a lot of time to work hard on revision, it's not impossible. If your house/school is bad working environment, try a library or something?

People in my school tell me "you are never going to be able to do it, you have to be really clever and you are not" :frown: , who are they to tell me this. I feel like giving up, i cant stand it anymore, i cry all the time and think i am going to have a breakdown. Please help me. please. I know some of you may think this is a troll but please, i feel like giving up and i really need some help. :frown:

Exactly, they're in no position to tell you this, so don't listen. Happiness comes from within don't let outside influences bring you down.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
You're clearly intelligent enough for A levels if you got Bs at GCSE despite the problems you were suffering there. I don't know what the entrance qualifications are for medicine but if you can't become a straight out doctor there are certainly other ways into the medical profession. A levels are retakable. If they're not for you maybe consider other professions. Money is always attainable over time. Chill out. Give yourself a break. Go for a walk. Don't give up :smile: Life is short.
Reply 11

I dont quite know were to start so ill jump right in. I went to a terrible secondary school, i got bullied very badly by loads of horrid people, I live in a very bad eria and still do and this is the reason i went to a terrible school. I faced daily torture and used to fake illness to get out of school. I felt ill and got sick most mornings due to fear. I got my gcse results and i did not do to well (Bs). I thought that going to a better sixth form would be the end of it, i now attend a "very good" fee paying school accross town. It started ok but a month in and its the same :frown:, i get made fun off everyday for no reason. I am a nice, kind, and good person, i am not akward or anything but i am kinda sensitive and i think horrible people just target me due to this. Their are a few people who are nice but i have no one to talk to, my mother and i do not get along, she suffers from depression and switches and gets angry and shouts at me for no reason sometimes. My siblings all have many emotional problems too, my family is very poor and we live in a horrible part of my city full of rudeboys, crackheads, prostitutes, and drugdealers. I am currently doing my as levels but they are going terrribly, i cannot study as i allways feel depressed and fustrated. Along with this i also suffer from A.D.D and now find it hard to concentrate on anything for a substantial length of time. I am actually going to fail my exams and do not know what to do , i have allways wanted to study medicine and with my gcses i need to get straght As to have any sort of chance. People in my school tell me "you are never going to be able to do it, you have to be really clever and you are not" :frown: , who are they to tell me this. I feel like giving up, i cant stand it anymore, i cry all the time and think i am going to have a breakdown. Please help me. please. I know some of you may think this is a troll but please, i feel like giving up and i really need some help. :frown:

Hi, this sounds very similar to my life, except for the bullying part. But I've often felt isolated, different and depressed. I can't really speak to anyone about my problems and I also live in an awful area. I worked really hard at college and did really well. It's not easy for me to concentrate at home but I somehow manage to block out all the drama and noise. Maybe you could try this or go to the library? I have always told myself that the only way out of this mess is through education. Work hard, get a good job, get a lovely home in a nice area, get a partner who will treat you well. Basically, get the f*** outta there as soon as you!

Good luck babe :smile: xxx
If you want to talk, just go to my profile and email me, I don't mind. If I can help cheer you up and make you feel more positive about things, I will. :smile:
Reply 12

I dont quite know were to start so ill jump right in. I went to a terrible secondary school, i got bullied very badly by loads of horrid people, I live in a very bad eria and still do and this is the reason i went to a terrible school. I faced daily torture and used to fake illness <<This is fraud and realistically your mother should be sent to jail for this as you have a right to attend school when able. to get out of school. I felt ill and got sick most mornings due to fear.

Have you not seen Inbetweeners or Skins? Thats how most schools or 6th forms are. Its banter, and none of it should be taken seriously. If they are hitting you then deal with it. Also, are you an emo or goth? or anything like that as they seem to get a great deal of stick in schools..

I got my gcse results and i did not do to well (Bs). I thought that going to a better sixth form would be the end of it, i now attend a "very good" fee paying school accross town. It started ok but a month in and its the same :frown:, i get made fun off everyday for no reason. I am a nice, kind, and good person, i am not akward or anything but i am kinda sensitive and i think horrible people just target me due to this. Their are a few people who are nice but i have no one to talk to, my mother and i do not get along, she suffers from depression and switches and gets angry and shouts at me for no reason sometimes.

Cant you live with your nan or something in a more relaxing environment, plus your nan may like the company.

My siblings all have many emotional problems too, my family is very poor and we live in a horrible part of my city full of rudeboys, crackheads, prostitutes, and drugdealers. Have you seen their CV's? They could be nice people.

The whole of the UK is run with drugs, this is no excuse. You may have more than usual but the majority have to deal with this as well. Time to take no **** and become stronger. That that don't kill you only makes you stronger (or leaves you on the verge of death).

I am currently doing my as levels but they are going terrribly, i cannot study as i allways feel depressed Your siblings have emotional problems yet you are depressed, I think you do as well, go see a GP or Counsellor and fustrated. Along with this i also suffer from A.D.D

You're right. ADD at A levels is shocking.

and now find it hard to concentrate on anything for a substantial length of time.
I am actually going to fail my exams and do not know what to do

Retake them is a good idea.

, i have allways wanted to study medicine and with my gcses i need to get straght As to have any sort of chance. People in my school tell me "you are never going to be able to do it, you have to be really clever and you are not" :frown: ,

So far they are right. Its time to grow a backbone and prove them wrong.

who are they to tell me this.

Human beings - they do have rights you know, and also so far they have predicted your life very well.

I feel like giving up, i cant stand it anymore, i cry all the time and think i am going to have a breakdown. Please help me. please. I know some of you may think this is a troll but please, i feel like giving up and i really need some help. :frown:

A counsellor or your GP is going to be of more help than us. This is a student forum, not Jeremy Kyle: my mum is mental, my siblings are pyschos and I'm suicidal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending