The Student Room Group

Snow

Scroll to see replies

Sheffield has been an absolute nightmare today. Over a foot on snow.
No buses have been running, gritters have totally failed to grit main routes, plough's been out though.
Supposed to dump more tonight. Yay.
The weekend could be very interesting. The temperature is supposed to get upto about 8-10 degrees... could we go from struggling in snow to struggling in floods?
Reply 422
Original post by The_Male_Melons
oh alright. I was going to university. And it was atrocious. Obviously the pennines will see a lot of snow. In the city centre, there was now but not proper snow. Even then, nothing was done to deal with the snow...

Aw, I love the German Markets, especially when it's snowing and all Christmassy! Did the snow stick to the floor or melt? I haven't been to Manchester for a few weeks because of work but I'll have time again soon. :biggrin:
Original post by racaha
Aw, I love the German Markets, especially when it's snowing and all Christmassy! Did the snow stick to the floor or melt? I haven't been to Manchester for a few weeks because of work but I'll have time again soon. :biggrin:

Some of it stuck...mostly it was melting and just was slippery.
I, not been to the Christmas Markets properly. I might just a quick visit on friday.
Reply 424
Original post by The_Male_Melons
Some of it stuck...mostly it was melting and just was slippery.
I, not been to the Christmas Markets properly. I might just a quick visit on friday.

Yeah, they should grit the centre where everyone walks over it and turns it into mush.
Aw, they're so good. I got some amazing socks last year, they're so thick and cosy. :tongue:
Reply 425
Original post by SAK.A
Ok I've heard it's could snow in my area and I am really dreading it. And the reasons why is as follows:
1.I have to walk to school, in my suit shoes which have no grip whats so ever so I'm going to either slip and fall and crack my head open or ice skate to school.
2.There is a chance school will get called off. I have exams coming up and not going school is not the best idea.
3.After the initial first footprints in the snow when the snow turns into slush and ice it's disgusting and dangerous.
4.I have to shovel the snow out of my driveway shoveling snow is not easy trust me(I remember last year).
5.Sure it is fun for like the first few hours but after that it's just downhill.
I bet most of you are thinking :eek:

If you're really that worried.....
1) Wear wellies, with layers of socks. Put your shoes in your bag with some spare socks and maybe a towel. If you don't really have your own money, MAKE your parents buy you some.
2) If school gets called off, go to the library. Do you have some revision books and good notes? I have always done the majority of my revision at home. But people learn differently. But there's not much you can do about it really. Have a look at some revision websites too.
3) Yep I hate slush too. Keep an eye out for grit boxes (although I'm not sure if they still have them on the streets anymore). Be careful of black ice too!
4) Wrap up warm- gloves, hat, scarf etc. Get someone to help if you can.
5) I know what you mean, I don't really like it too.

Is there not a friend's parent who could give you a lift?

Just try to remember that it's not just you that hates the snow and cold weather. And atleast we have central heating these days. :biggrin:
Original post by racaha
Yeah, they should grit the centre where everyone walks over it and turns it into mush.
Aw, they're so good. I got some amazing socks last year, they're so thick and cosy. :tongue:

I can't beat that. I never actually bought anything from the markets, I just see it...
Although, I did get some hippo slippers from Next, this week...
( http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/men/shoesandboots/44/3 ) - that is what I am talking about lol
Original post by Mombasa Raha

Original post by Mombasa Raha
Does it snow in California? or maybe you're in DC...

In some part of California it snow.
But in DC it snows a lot.
- The sky glows tonight. Stunning. Pure. Until London reawakens. Shattering the majestic blessings of peace.
I'm sick of it now.

Actually quite shocking how poorly prepared we are.

Snow is settling at the Dartford Crossing Toll Booths FFS!

Fantastically prepared.

But fair enough, the grit is pretty useless. They gritted my road outside, and it's covered over, but obviously didn't grit enough
Reply 430
I'm so bored, my schools closed tomorrow and probably friday too. How pathetic can this country get sometimes? It sees some snow and the transport system comes crashing down!
Reply 431
Original post by ChrisBan
The weekend could be very interesting. The temperature is supposed to get upto about 8-10 degrees... could we go from struggling in snow to struggling in floods?

Your right about saturday but the bbc have said it could go well below freezing again on sunday!
When I first made my earlier post, moaning about the snow and lentil munching global warming idiots, and advocating more pollution, I got repeated negs , now the snow has been here a while and it's starting to annoy people I get repped. LMAO.
(edited 13 years ago)
So having been thorougly without snow we now have the worst snow I have ever seen down here. Who knew you could get snow on a beach :iiam:
This is pathetic, the school's closed again. I need to revise for my phucking AS, man!
My school's closed today! :biggrin:

Apparently it's going to be sunny today= thaw :frown:
Reply 436
my school has been closed for 3 days noww :smile:
Reply 437
Just woke up to really heavy snow :smile: Love it!
Reply 438
Hate snow, but love the view... College is closed thanks to the snow and we have so much to learn before the January exams :s-smilie:
Original post by Rishz
Hate snow, but love the view... College is closed thanks to the snow and we have so much to learn before the January exams :s-smilie:

This, I need to prepare!!

Mai gawd.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending