The Student Room Group

URGENT - changing university courses on track - 2 week deadline tmrw!

Hi. Firstly, my predicated grades are A*AA, but in all honesty I would be lucky with AAB, and on a bad day this could be ABB for me.

I have decided to change my courses from this:

Nottingham (MEng) - AAA
Manchester (MEng) - AAB (got)
Sheffield (MEng) - AAB
Exeter (MEng) - AAB
Southampton ( MEng Engineering with a Foundation Year) - BBB

to this:

Nottingham (MEng) - AAA
Manchester (MEng) - AAB (got)
Sheffield (MEng) - ABB
Exeter (BEng) - ABB
Warwick (BEng) - AAB/ABB

The reason for this is because at the moment I would not have a decent insurance offer because all my Universities would be AAB or higher, apart from the BBB which is a course that I don't really want to do, because its 5 years. I had only picked this because I thought I was going to be getting rejections from the other universities because I'm paranoid like that.

With the revised choices, I have changed the Engineering with a Foundation Year to something I wouldn't actually mind picking for my insurance, which is a BEng at Warwick. This course also gives me the oppurtunity to transfer to MEng later, as long as I do well in the second year.

I would also change Exeter to BEng so that I have another ABB offer. This is because Warwick is highly competitive, and I know Exeter is too, but atleast it gives me the chance to receive two offers that I would be happy to have as an insurance, just incase I miss the firm offer.

So my questions are:

1) Do you think I'm doing the right thing?

2) How do you change choices in track exactly? I wouldn't know what to do from substitute choice lol.

3) It is possible to substitute Exeter MEng to Exeter BEng in track? Like, it won't tell me I can't apply to Exeter again or anything?

4) Any other suggestions?

:frown:
Original post by A level Az
1) Do you think I'm doing the right thing?

As I say in your other thread, no. I think, if you're not happy with Southampton, you should find another insurance uni that you prefer. As I say, lots of ABB or less for MEng courses:

UWE
Hull
Lincoln
LJMU
Salford
Sheffield Hallam
Sussex
Teesside

2) How do you change choices in track exactly? I wouldn't know what to do from substitute choice lol.

From what I've read, you click 'Substitute' and it comes up with a screen where you enter your new course details and submit them.

3) It is possible to substitute Exeter MEng to Exeter BEng in track? Like, it won't tell me I can't apply to Exeter again or anything?

Substitute isn't really for course changes within the same uni, so contact Exeter tomorrow and ask about switching - phone them so you get an answer. However, if not, I suppose you could try it.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending